Pokémon uPick Mafia - Day 4

SB.

I think Marth's role has more than one part to it. It wasn't about who Marth targeted. . .it was about anyone ELSE that targeted Marth besides me.

Can you tell us why?

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Screw you.

(also didn't comment on Eclipse's Marth thing because I'd ask the same questions as Prims/Paper)

Drats, phone emoticons don't work on SF. That first line was supposed to have one. :(

##Vote:Marth

Marth is still scum. He spent so much time on day 2 making reads but not doing anything with them. That is why I waffled on my initial read of him. First I said "Wow look at Marth he's noticing all these things and bringing up decent reads on people that other's aren't really paying attention to and also on the players involved in major wagons" but that turned into "Marth is making these reads but not doing anything with them. He was moderately vocal in D2, had plenty of posts full of reads and didn't vote me because I was too inactive? (take this as a partial response to [post=http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=63829&p=4399339]this [/post]) Mentioned I should be vigged/turbo'd, but still didn't vote me. D1 it makes sense to not just lynch the hell out the inactives. But I'm maybe hitting an average of 1 post/24hrs and it was D2. Pressure me. Votes are a great way to make inactives, especially lurk scum (which you know is my more common scum meta), feel pressure and come in and have to fake some reads and slip up. "But Straw why is this scummy?" His D2 was a coast and giving a strong scum read without pursuing it until the next day makes it look like he was just trying to set up today's lynch, not really caring about the D2 lynch since what would really stop that wagon on Manix? Its like a subtle way to set up lynches.

@BT: The distancing from the Manix wagon is an o.k. point. But its a risky move. BUT, consider 1)blatantly mention not having a read on Manix [post=http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=63829&p=4397882]here [/post] if I was scum I set myself up come back to and say whatever I want about Manix. I couldn've easily made up some half-assed "went back and read Manix and I agree they are scum for x, x, and x reason" support the lynch and blend in to the wagon. Also on those two of my quotes you put there, that's just a bad case. About me just jumping on Marth, thats dumb because Eclipse was really the only person looking at Marth at that point and putting myself as the 2nd vote for him is HARDLY jumping on some easily sheepable popular case that i can jump on. The first one was me questioning Boron's claim because I did legitimately question it. The second was me answering someone's question specifically about the claim. It's grasping to think I would anticipate them asking that question just so I could set up other's with suspicion on Boron.

Working on iso'ing other players. I realize tunneling is not being as helpful as i need to be at this stage in the game, considering I wager there's scum in some rather comfortable positions rn.

I would actually consider Refa for scum because it's weird he lived over Boron and him immediately letting up just now after asking me who I thought was scum seems inauthentic if he wanted to pressure me

I'll go into as much detail as possible, without outright claiming someone else's role.

First off, the modifier, since I think it's mafia's fault: I'm going to drop dead sometime between now and the end of N4. Giving the mafia extra kill power that's also used on an active role is. . .well, stupid beyond belief. While there is a very small chance that Paperblade/Crysta have a role that says "you do X and also cause your target to die, and protection can't save your target", I think that is OP as all fuck on mafia. However, having it on a passive role means that scum needs to bait people into targeting them, without getting themselves lynched. Hence why I think the "drop dead" thing is a passive role (someone has to target that person), and not an active one.

Any more, and it's mass claim time.

uh, Paper, does this line up with whatever your role is?

this seems like a bit of a leap. I'd assume we just have a one-shot poisoner or something. The game has 14 players, a doc and multiple town roleblockers, scum vig isn't unreasonable if it's 11:3

I would actually consider Refa for scum because it's weird he lived over Boron and him immediately letting up just now after asking me who I thought was scum seems inauthentic if he wanted to pressure me

Well, it doesn't look like Boron explicitly stated they only had 1 shot. It was heavily implied in their language (and also that we were told the move was Sheer Cold), but Mafia could have just been worried about multiple shots?

ur dumb

This has me interested in this game again at least. I don't think these shenanigans point toward Marth being scum but I'm gonna re-read in a few.

Eclipse, how does that point to Marth?

Well, it doesn't look like Boron explicitly stated they only had 1 shot. It was heavily implied in their language (and also that we were told the move was Sheer Cold), but Mafia could have just been worried about multiple shots?

She definitely said it was only one shot.

Oh. I remembered it only being one shot but I didn't check her ISO.

Prims, real talk. Can't talk about why I'm still alive (could be because of role related reasons, but yeah IDK TBH) but I don't see how I gave you a break. If you don't give me anything to work with, there's nothing I can do outside of voting you (and you're not even a scum read).

Also I'm phone posting but I'll reply to you when I get on a computer, Strawman.

okay I'll claim but Idk what good it will do

I am unown

thus my only move is hidden power

I target a player and they learn something, but I have no idea what it is because SB is a jackass

Ok. I'm going to bed (have to be at work earlier tomorrow) reads on more players and more activity will be tomorrow night. I don't work the next day so I'll be able to be on later than usual.

but lastly, Eclipse, why is PB or someone who is just lying /hasn't responded not a poisoner over Marth having a poisoning passive? Just because it seems OP for scum? (though also poison point is a thing so I don't think your assessment is unfair).

Eclipse, how does that point to Marth?

Because I highly doubt that Paperblade/Crysta could've done it with their active roles. . .but to fully explain THAT would require me to claim for both of them. And screw that.