Best Bow or Yumi in the game?

poptdp

i'm still unsure as to how forging works. how many times can you forge a weapon? my smithy is at level 3, however so far I have only been able to forge a weapon with another weapon for +1. can you not do it more than this?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm still unsure as to how forging works. how many times can you forge a weapon? my smithy is at level 3, however so far I have only been able to forge a weapon with another weapon for +1. can you not do it more than this?

A rank 3 smithy can forge up to +7 weapons. But it can't be done in one transaction because you can't hold enough of the gem you need. To forge you need:

Multiples of the same weapon;

Gems that corresponds to that weapon.

To get a +1 you need 2 of the same weapon, 4 for +2, 8 for +3, and it doubles all the way to 128 for +7. Outside of weapons with infinite stocks in the store, it is very difficult to go past +3, and for unique weapons it is impossible without hacking. Also the number of gems goes up as well, so much so that you can only make a +5 weapon in a single transaction.

Also note that you need to forge from the convoy because characters can only hold 5 items.

Edited by kcirrot

Well, don't forget Proximity Shot will become avalible sooner or later with heirs of Fate 6.

Takumi w/ Fugin Yumi, Heartseeker , Proximity Shot , and Certain Blow

Takumi can miss? This is new to me.

Even on Lunatic he had 90's or 100 hit on mostly everything

You gotta admit, having 90% hit isn't a practical guarantee that you aren't going to whiff in this game...

Honestly I don't know what game you're playing because Takumi already has sky high skill, can get certain blow naturally, and friend Leo for a skill that lowers avoid.

I personally like the Shining Bow, Fujin Yumi, and Dual Yumi.

I'm not really sure why you're bringing that up, because Heartseeker won't do jack for him unless he's using either a Sidelong Yumi or a Mini Bow, neither of which are all that good.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

I'm not really sure why you're bringing that up, because Heartseeker won't do jack for him unless he's using either a Sidelong Yumi or a Mini Bow, neither of which are all that good.

Proximity Shot, which most people are going to be giving to Takumi seeing as he's probably the best Bow user in the game, or at least the easiest to use/train up.

And to comment on the whiffing thing, yeah, I can't guarantee it won't whiff, but I'm not gonna take a chance and just skip it if it's a 90%. That would be dumb imo.

Well, don't forget Proximity Shot will become avalible sooner or later with heirs of Fate 6.

Takumi w/ Fugin Yumi, Heartseeker , Proximity Shot , and Certain Blow

If Takumi really needed that much help hitting things, it'd just make him look bad - well, even worse than I already think he is, anyways.

Proximity Shot, which most people are going to be giving to Takumi seeing as he's probably the best Bow user in the game, or at least the easiest to use/train up.

And to comment on the whiffing thing, yeah, I can't guarantee it won't whiff, but I'm not gonna take a chance and just skip it if it's a 90%. That would be dumb imo.

The issue is, it's DLC, which not everyone will be able to afford, or interested in getting.

Fair enough. That said, except for Certain Blow, I generally wouldn't be seeing hit rates that high with most Yumi.

You gotta admit, having 90% hit isn't a practical guarantee that you aren't going to whiff in this game...

Ok then Ryoma is the only good character in this game by your definition.

You seem to like complaining for the sake of it.

You gotta admit, having 90% hit isn't a practical guarantee that you aren't going to whiff in this game...ng either a Sidelong Yumi or a Mini Bow, neither of which are all that good.

holy fuck

you are arguing about whether or not you're using takumi or a fucking fighter

but a fighter wishes he could have 90% hit

are you needlessly dense? even ryoma doesnt have that much hit, fujin yumi has 10 less hit except Takumi has way more skill to make up for it

The game where I don't trust the fanbase because overhyping archers is typical of them.

this is so untrue, archers were generally considered pretty shitty until Shinon in FE10 and even he wasn't anything special

we liked the archer/sniper class in warpless FE11/FE12 Lunatic because 1 range is really dangerous

a lot of the units that started as archers got a lot of shit for sucking ass though

which fanbase are you talking about exactly? I'd be surprised if you're talking about the FE fandom historically, because you've been on SF as long as me and you've seen everyone shit on archers first hand

Generally Snipers weren't looked too down on however, outside of the older people who thought all prepromotes were bad by default.

The Fujin Yumi if we're talking about all bows and yumi. If we're talking non-character specific, my favorites are the Shining Bow and the Killer Bow; the former because no crits and no skills aside it's really useful (and because finally there's a usable magic bow in the series), and the latter because it's a Killer weapon and crits for days are always fun.

Ok then Ryoma is the only good character in this game by your definition.

You seem to like complaining for the sake of it.

You're putting words in my mouth. Anyways, I only really said that because someone else brought up Fates' RNG in another thread.

holy fuck

you are arguing about whether or not you're using takumi or a fucking fighter

but a fighter wishes he could have 90% hit

are you needlessly dense? even ryoma doesnt have that much hit, fujin yumi has 10 less hit except Takumi has way more skill to make up for it

this is so untrue, archers were generally considered pretty shitty until Shinon in FE10 and even he wasn't anything special

we liked the archer/sniper class in warpless FE11/FE12 Lunatic because 1 range is really dangerous

a lot of the units that started as archers got a lot of shit for sucking ass though

which fanbase are you talking about exactly? I'd be surprised if you're talking about the FE fandom historically, because you've been on SF as long as me and you've seen everyone shit on archers first hand

I only really said that because Yumi in general have accuracy levels I'd have expected of axes.

I meant that in general, when a new FE game comes out, people start thinking archers finally got their big break, and I can't help but get suspicious. I do agree with most everything else in the second half of your post.

I only really said that because Yumi in general have accuracy levels I'd have expected of axes.

too bad that it doesnt matter if the weapon is inaccurate if all of its users are pretty damn accurate

I meant that in general, when a new FE game comes out, people start thinking archers finally got their big break, and I can't help but get suspicious. I do agree with most everything else in the second half of your post.

probably because it applied to FE13 lunatic reverse, but people were shitting all over FE13 Lunatic with Nosferatu at every point during FE13's release

Edited by Lord Raven

My favorite (non-exclusive) bows are Dual Yumi, Shining Bow and Killer Bow.

Dual Yumi: Archers are generally accurate (especially with Certain Blow) and this bow solves cases of WTD.

Shining Bow: 1-2 Range gives additional options, as does being able to hit sturdy defense units hard. The weapon effectiveness vs fliers makes even Sky Knights easy pickings.

Killer Bow: Pretty self explanatory but best on Snipers for crit stacking.

too bad that it doesnt matter if the weapon is inaccurate if all of its users are pretty damn accurate

probably because it applied to FE13 lunatic reverse, but people were shitting all over FE13 Lunatic with Nosferatu at every point during FE13's release

Maybe, but it still bothers me since bows in general are supposed to be accurate.

Anyways... Having thought about it, I guess there aren't many other bows that I like - there's the Spy's Yumi, but that's about it. In the end, I guess I'm just one of those "in Iron and Steel I trust" kind of people.

Maybe, but it still bothers me since bows in general are supposed to be accurate.

Anyways... Having thought about it, I guess there aren't many other bows that I like - there's the Spy's Yumi, but that's about it. In the end, I guess I'm just one of those "in Iron and Steel I trust" kind of people.

The Fujin Yumi's base accuracy is the same as an Iron Yumi. . .

. . .but it has +5 MT, +5 Crit, and +10 Avoid, so yeah. . .

Edited by eclipse

Bows are now in the same category as Axes on the triangle but on raw stats are better than Axes. Compare an Iron Yumi to an Iron Axe, they have the same base Hit and the Yumi has more Mt and a stat boost. Iron Bow ties the Iron Axe in Mt but has 80 Hit. "Bows are supposed to be accurate" no longer quite holds from a design standpoint with them on the triangle and categorized alongside Axes. They get WTD now, they have counters, and they have good baseline Mt to compensate. Plus they're the natural predator of Hidden Weapons which are all over some of the most annoying maps in the game. These changes plus characters with decent stats to use them are why people are more bullish on Bow classes this time.

The Fujin Yumi's base accuracy is the same as an Iron Yumi. . .

. . .but it has +5 MT, +5 Crit, and +10 Avoid, so yeah. . .

The issue is, if I get into a situation where I don't trust Takumi's accuracy with Fujin or wind up in a situation where I can't afford seeing "MISS!!", I'm forced to downgrade all the way to Brass for better Hit (which might not necessarily be a bad thing, with Fates being what it is, but still). That said, I benched Takumi immediately after getting him, so who knows - he might prove me wrong, but I dunno.

The issue is, if I get into a situation where I don't trust Takumi's accuracy with Fujin or wind up in a situation where I can't afford seeing "MISS!!", I'm forced to downgrade all the way to Brass for better Hit (which might not necessarily be a bad thing, with Fates being what it is, but still). That said, I benched Takumi immediately after getting him, so who knows - he might prove me wrong, but I dunno.

This is the longest overdo "I might not know what I'm talking about" disclaimer I've ever seen.

I checked my endgame Hoshido team just to see if the numbers matched your claims but Takumi had the best accuracy on the team. And do you know why that is? It's because he has 38 Skill and I'm not even factoring in what his hit would be after Certain Blow. Fujin Yumi (E-rank) has the highest might of any bow below B-rank and it will still hit its target in most cases. I think you need to actually use things before making strong opinions on them.

Edited by NekoKnight

if you never used Takumi as a unit then why did you decide it would be a good idea to instigate a discussion about the usefulness of Takumi?

like really bruh

In nearly 200 gameplay hours of having Takumi on my team, I can probably count on one hand the number of times he's missed a shot with Fujin Yumi... On some maps I bench him just because he can make the game too easy, and I have a tendency to over-rely on him.

Edited by Res

This is the longest overdo "I might not know what I'm talking about" disclaimer I've ever seen.

I checked my endgame Hoshido team just to see if the numbers matched your claims but Takumi had the best accuracy on the team. And do you know why that is? It's because he has 38 Skill and I'm not even factoring in what his hit would be after Certain Blow. Fujin Yumi (E-rank) has the highest might of any bow below B-rank and it will still hit its target in most cases. I think you need to actually use things before making strong opinions on them.

if you never used Takumi as a unit then why did you decide it would be a good idea to instigate a discussion about the usefulness of Takumi?

like really bruh

Be that as it may, I really hate actually trying out someone who gets a lot of hype, only for them to under-deliver. That only serves to make me wary about other hyped units. (Incidentally, this is exactly why I don't buy into all the Takumi praise - because I've been burned by a hyped unit before)

Then at least stop talking about his performance if you haven't fucking used him

You don't wanna use him, fine. It means you don't know shit about how he plays like. Don't try to argue performance without practical applications.

Or at least do extensive numerical analysis if you don't plan on using him and still want to argue things. While Takumi does have problems in that Birthright has a lot of Rout and he doesn't really have the best EP, his player phase offense and accuracy with his bullshit levels of skill is the least problematic thing about his performance.

If Takumi doesn't have 100% hit, nobody else on your team does either, and they'd likely have lower.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Basically, the only thing you'd ever not reliably hit would be sword wielders and the Dual Yumi easily compensates for that.

I think we can now consider the "Takumi and Fujin Yumi are bad" thing Myth Busted.

79e27e8704d6fda06b9771a61517feed0eb99fdd

Edited by NekoKnight

Basically, the only thing you'd ever not reliably hit would be sword wielders and the Dual Yumi easily compensates for that.

I think we can now consider the "Takumi and Fujin Yumi are bad" thing Myth Busted.

79e27e8704d6fda06b9771a61517feed0eb99fdd

Who said I was talking about lategame? Because I wasn't - I was thinking more from an earlygame perspective, where you don't have stuff like Certain Blow to shore up hit rates (unless you're willing to buy skills, that is). Anyways, I generally find Fujin's power overkill in a two-shot, and not enough to one-shot, unless you're targeting something with wings (though most other bows would likely do the trick regardless in that case), or something frail. What's more, I prefer Kinshi Knight over Sniper anyhow - sniping reinforcement fliers before they can threaten my main force is something I'd consider a godsend.