First Tidbits, Art, for the Mega Man TV Show Revealed

The DanMan

http://www.dhxmedia.com/newsreleases/dhx-media-dentsu-entertainment-usa-inc-strike-global-deal-new-animated-mega-man-series/

"Aimed at kids 6 to 9, as well as their parents who grew up loving the videogames, the animated series will feature exciting new technologies and robots, as well as the introduction of Mega Man’s alter-ego, Aki Light, a normal, upbeat, schoolboy robot. When activated, his skin re-forms – in a flurry of computer code and visual pyrotechnics – into a suit of impenetrable nanocore armor, including the iconic Mega Buster arm cannon and helmet. Beloved characters, like Rush, will return - while new characters, like Mega Mini™, will make their debut! The new Mega Man animated series has a target air date of 2017, coinciding with the franchise's 30th anniversary."

"Man of Action's Duncan Rouleau said, 'The best thing about Mega Man is his unflinching wide-eyed optimism and an over-the-top sense of humor. This show reflects both qualities. We've got it all in here, it's hopeful, forward-leaning, action-packed… It's full-on fun ahead!'"

And here's Mega Man's new design:

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/5227cd84e4b02515a5badc7f/t/574716e4f8baf38d2d1989cf/1464276763078/?format=300w (I can't hotlink it, for some reason)

I'm not one to complain about something until I've actually fully seen it, but this seems to be hitting all the wrong notes.

I'll just give my opinion on Aki's design: it isn't very good. The proportions are an awkward compromise between cartoony and realistic. In general, it feels like they tried to merge the classic Mega Man design with that Truforce Mega Man X figurine, and ended up in an awkward middle.

I'm just interested to see how things will work out.

The premise and characters have nothing to do with Mega Man, as far as I've read. They're merely using the names to associate with the games, but this is more alien to the series than its BN and SF spin-offs. It disappoints me.

Really, is it SO hard to make a cartoon about classic Mega Man's stories?

The premise and characters have nothing to do with Mega Man, as far as I've read. They're merely using the names to associate with the games, but this is more alien to the series than its BN and SF spin-offs. It disappoints me.

Really, is it SO hard to make a cartoon about classic Mega Man's stories?

It's a conundrum. If they're trying to market it to older fans as well as the main younger demographic, then why do they seem to be straying so far from the classic series' roots?

Yeah, I particularly don't see how they can't make a show that is for the younger demographic and older fans and keep with the original premise (that was an actual kids cartoon back in the days).

Ouch...the art style looks um...Flash-ish and awkward. It sounds like they're going to take only the barest ideas from MM and make it as "moden and hip" for the kids as they can.

Hoo boy, the writers and producers are from some of the same shows I've worked on. Uhhh my hopes aren't terribly high on this one...

*cough cough* I never expected to see a person who works on shows on Serenes, this is totally unrelated to Mega man, but whoa.

Hoo boy, the writers and producers are from some of the same shows I've worked on. Uhhh my hopes aren't terribly high on this one...

From which team? I heard Man of Action was on this one, and they aren't known for terrible shows.

From which team? I heard Man of Action was on this one, and they aren't known for terrible shows.

DHX and Man of Action both have their fair share of good and bad shows. Avengers Assemble didn't really get too good til midway through season 2 though. Not the worst they could do but while DHX has MLP, Slugterra and Storm Hawks in their stable they also have Rescue Bots and Pound Puppies and other toy sale vehicles for Hasbro.

what kinda disappoints is that in mega man, they were always really good about giving that mega man a new name every time they wanted to make a new universe and version of him. it was perfect. maybe because they didnt bother working on a game to go hand and hand with this mega man....yeah thats probably true...