QOTD ♚♛ 1522 - Movies you don't see the appeal of?

Chen

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to learn more languages but not really for that reason.

There's just something about seeing something foreign and being able to read it that sounds really nice to me. I probably wouldn't have very many things to use THE SKILLS on if I actually learned the languages, I just kinda want the learning for the sake of learning and whatever comes after is probably cool too!!

I'm learning German right now, but I can't say it's for the enjoyment of a particular work but more to expand my horizons and gain a possible foothold of living over there if I can get the chance.

I'm learning German right now, but I can't say it's for the enjoyment of a particular work but more to expand my horizons and gain a possible foothold of living over there if I can get the chance.

kafka actually really benefits from reading him in the original german, i recommend giving him a crack once you're a little more advanced. his language isn't even too difficult to parse, and you can say "yeah i read kafka in the original german :smug:".

topic: there are millions of reasons i'd learn languages and yes one of them is so i can understand the words of songs

I think that'd help nudge me in that direction a bit but mostly the only thing that could truly motivate me to start picking up a language is just my interest in the language itself