QOTD ♚♛ 1522 - Movies you don't see the appeal of?

Chen

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i literally only made a twitter and instagram account to follow one (1) band

i never post anything or even really actively use them though so i don't rly count them

I really appreciate anything that gives people a new way to connect with completely different people, but I worry that some forms of social media may have fundamental flaws in how people can communicate with them (Twitter is an exceptionally bad medium to carry out extended/nuanced conversations for several reasons; Tumblr is like Twitter with a less limiting canvas but retains its limitations in how messages are conveyed, etc.). As I don't use these media regularly enough to truly immerse myself in them, I don't want to pass any form of full judgement on them, so this is just limited to worry and personally not using them.

I was originally going to "nah, no opinions" but I realized I actually have pretty strong opinions; I can elaborate more on these if anyone wants to have the discussion, or disagrees with any misconceptions caused by my admittedly limited knowledge of Twitter/Tumblr/etc.

Since it's quite relevant, answer to the previous question below:

Spoiler

I use Facebook more or less exclusively to communicate with Smash people I interact with IRL; I use Twitter to try to catch news but mostly because at this point I'm expected to have one even if it's disused; I don't use Tumblr at all, although I have an account; I'm not sure if Discord should count but I use that pretty extensively for both several overlapping groups of online friends (you guys included!), online Smash people I share certain contexts with, and a certain manhwa's fandom.