QOTD ♚♛ 1522 - Movies you don't see the appeal of?

Chen

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would rather not, as emotions are the basis for all of our communication and thoughts, removing one of them would be like, kind of dehumanizing yourself. But if I really had to, frustration would be the least important, I think.

HOLY SHIT YES

granted, only at school level, but still, these were pretty legitimate (amateur) productions! One of the people I shared the stage with

Anything before about Year 10 is, let's be real, ultimately irrelevant - however, in Year 10, we did put on a pretty garbage and amateurish play that was... kind of impressive in scale, honestly, and drew a fair-sized crowd. Don't remember what it was called, it was a, uh, hit-and-miss comedy about Greek Mythology. Maybe that doesn't count either! It probably doesn't! But it was still my first. God, I have stories.

Year 11 I didn't sign up for any of the productions, probably wasn't good enough by then though I really should've signed up anyway just for the social side of it. Oh, shit, no, that's right, that was, uh... the first version of this play on Australian history we performed at the national museum! It was surprisingly not bad because by college, you get people who give a fuck about it.

2012, though... so that production? We took it to the fucking Fringe festival in Adelaide. It was the defining experience of my entire life. Running concurrently with this we made a reasonably professional stab at Two Gentlemen of Verona, probably Shakespeare's shittiest play and defs. the one with the most rushed ending. It was an incredible experience too, and I played a large part in both.

Second semester... Carpe Jugulum - a stage adaptation of the Discworld novel - was, personally speaking, a nightmare! I got the short straw when it came to parts and was disillusioned by various organisational issues which fucked me over. Also my entire friends group, aka 'most of the drama production', disintegrated about halfway through. Final result was fine though, just happened to not really involve me since I was in the time honoured part of 'we'll have you play like four guys', the greatest dishonour to be handed down to someone mediocre.

Oh well!

I wasn't an amazing actor - pretty average, honestly, and I never got the hang of talking through my diaphragm. But they were still... pretty much my entire social life through the end of school. Besides, two people from the group are now professional actors... and one's actually headlining various Netflix series these days. also i once may have done a duke of milan monologue to an impressed casual girlfriend this one time while we were both drunk and i also felt sick

I was in my high school drama class's production of The Tempest as Prospero. I ate so much of my own hair on those nights.

The same school also has its students organise a cabaret night every few years and I had some fairly popular performances there.

Tiny fucking school though, so probably doesn't mean much.

Several actually! From the ballet adaptation of Toy Story to A Christmas Carol. Buzz and Scrooge were both really fun!

I was the bricabrac salseman in a Hans Christian Andersen play in middle school.

EDIT: I think thats what you meant IDK

Edited by Zak Something