QOTD ♚♛ 1522 - Movies you don't see the appeal of?

Chen

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QOTD 1393

Easy games, Defeatism, Blazing Sword

Easy Games in general - I really don't have a problem with them on my own, but when on a forum so violently anti-gameplay. I end up looking for root causes.

RPGs in general - Maybe I would have turned on them anyway. I just feel out of place when their is a sizeable subset of people whose sum total gaming experience is apparently only RPGs, . And yet I can't make a thread discussing RPGs on a "systems level" rather than a story level without losing my confidence in anyone being able to know what's going on. Makes me wonder if people really love them as much as they claim...

Blazing Sword - too many people acting like this game somehow has the "perfectly balanced fair difficulty" in the series. 

Atheism - I really don't want to say hate. But before looking into the Serious discussion sub-Forum, I had a high opinion of "informed doubt" and afterwards... Really I think the problem is not atheism per se, but "evangelical" atheism. Too many people made an appeal that attempts to prove all genocidal conflict in history is religion derived, amongst other nonsense. There are enough sound reasons to be an atheist, that It confuses me that people end up taking such absurd ones instead.

Inhumanism - It's probably an age/inexperience thing, but I've seen posts in serious discussion that angrily offered forth "solutions" to any number of problems middle east that authorize absurd amounts of force. Never mind that people don't watch The Day After anymore, but even on a more local level, there is a total lack of empathy or trying to take an impartial view. This also kind of extends to most threads on mental health issues or depression. Certainly there is a lot of passion in some people's posts but it is often of a very problematic kind.

Defeatism -And then we've got people who embody "tin foil" alarmism, the worst of which seem to advocate that everyone look out for themselves because they make the fallacy of assuming (a small number) of social injustices or bad government decisions/international relations, indicates that the world will inevitably continue to spin out of control. And don't get me started on the subset who act as if they thought they were living under a police state already. Even if you want to warn us about it happening in the future-itself dubious- there is no reason to jump to such an absurd position. 

Question 1393 - What are some things that you dislike because of the fanbase?

There are far too many, as unfortunate as it may be. After all, even with my increased efforts of attempting to improve myself, I simply cannot desist deeming such individuals as naught but unrefined peasants. I do believe the common majority—especially in large volumes—do taint and defile franchises and characters to a most distressing level. My clearest and perhaps most predictable answer would be Undertale and essentially any other popular titles, whether they might be of the video game, film or television media. I do believe Fire Emblem might fall under this category was I to remain seeing the content of far more uncouth websites such as the so-called Fire Emblem Subreddit. Needless to say, I desire not to be associated with these troglodytes. One can never be surprised by the most concerning amount of lust and foolishness of any "fanbase". May I add, the concept of trends, especially that of fashion, are also among the things I simply abhor...

Question 1392 - Do you speak up when you feel mistreated?

Most certainly, such is only to be expected from a lady such as myself, no?