QOTD ♚♛ 1522 - Movies you don't see the appeal of?

Chen

I'm kind of with NM for Tryhard's example. I agree it kind of sucks, but I think bus companies do sometimes put people on their buses to check and make sure fares are collected, etc. It may be a low chance, but they're kind of putting themselves a bit at risk to flout rules about fares, assuming their employer does something like that routinely.

mainly because they didn't do so for the two 15 year old kids that got on directly before me

like seriously, the one time that they could be bothered to ask when I was around that age bracket, and the guy sitting there arguing with me about it. Nobody gets carded for using the bus.

I have never seen a conductor.

Besides, technically they were "doing their job" for getting at parrhesia because drinks aren't allowed, so I don't know why you're singling me out. I'm just telling you my response, which is what the question asked.

Edited by Tryhard

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides, technically they were "doing their job" for getting at parrhesia because drinks aren't allowed, so I don't know why you're singling me out. I'm just telling you my response, which is what the question asked.

Not really trying to "get on you," it's fine that you gave your response and I'm not trying to censure you, I'm just giving you my response in turn.

Parr's example was a little different IMO because the drink wasn't open. If it had been, that would've been an issue, because if he had spilled it, he probably wouldn't have been the one cleaning it up. The rules for this one can differ a bit. Sometimes it's ok to have be drinking on transit as long as it's covered properly, and sometimes it's not prohibited at all.

EDIT-Also, while the people who check to see if you have a ticket on the newark light rail are typically in uniform (and I've always seen them at a stop, never actually on the train), I've been told the people who make sure rules are being followed on the local buses here don't wear uniforms. You wouldn't necessarily know you had seen one.

Edited by PP UP

hmmmmmm I do seem to be a fan of pinstripes. But it depends on the kind of clothing they put it on I guess

I also can kinda get into floral patterns as long as they aren't particularly busy and sometimes polka dots if they're not too loud (which doesn't tend to happen much with polka dots ^o^). I happen to have a skirt that fits both of those qualities, the main part of the print is a floral pattern, just very small and scattered flowers with polka dots as the background, which means that they can't be loud~! They're just very tiny polka dots. They just work together so elegantly.

Otherwise I actually majorly prefer solids and not-so-patterny prints and I love lace and embroidery~ Particularly embroidery with neutral or metallic colours, so white or black or CREAM or GOLD or silver.

as if the worry wasn't that he would then open it and drink it on the bus

how pedantic, come on

whether or not the person was "justified" was irrelevant anyway

stripes, solid colours of course always good too

Edited by Tryhard

i like florals/nature patterns, damask, stars, and harlequin print a lot as a general rule

i also love a lot of more whimsical prints too : D

as if the worry wasn't that he would then open it and drink it on the bus

how pedantic, come on

whether or not the person was "justified" was irrelevant anyway

stripes, solid colours of course always good too

1: She could have asked him to put it away, but parr said he had to convince her not to confiscate it.

2: It's fftf and it's a chat topic, I don't know why you think mentioning a post's relevance is relevant. If you do care about the relevance, just say you don't care, or don't respond at all. Just because the question doesn't ask whether you were justified in being petty doesn't mean people can't post about that.

3: Why are you so bristly about this? (that's how you come across anyway)

Edited by PP UP

1: She could have asked him to put it away, but parr said he had to convince her not to confiscate it.

2: It's fftf and it's a chat topic, I don't know why you think mentioning a post's relevance is relevant. If you do care about the relevance, just say you don't care, or don't respond at all. Just because the question doesn't ask whether you were justified in being petty doesn't mean people can't post about that.

3: Why are you so bristly about this? (that's how you come across anyway)

1: i still honestly don't see the differences.

2: i find it funny that ninjamonkey, who continually points out when a qotd isn't actually a question is asking something that isn't even relevant to a question. plus, it's about as meaningless as asking chen why they would lie to their brother about being hurt.

3: because you're being pedantic and annoying for no reason tbh, all it could really achieve is me not wanting to share stories in the future. I even admitted that he is technically within the realm to ask for ID (even though like, no-one has done that before or since, or even complained as I came on board with food or drink), as parrhesia said a driver is technically able to confiscate food or drink. what's the issue? there is literally no difference between mine and parrhesia's examples, both are instances in which the driver did something "by the books" that wasn't necessary but they are permitted to do. why the lack of consistency?

if conductors aren't wearing uniform then they still need to check my tickets to see I had a child fare/whatever. No-one has ever asked to check my tickets.

Edited by Tryhard

ha ha! do you even need to ask!

FLOWERS! and grid, i guess

QOTD 941 - assuming you had the resources to do so and there would be zero chance of any accidents, would you get plastic surgery? why or why not? submitted by b (i'm pretty sure this was asked before but who cares heh)