Pitch legendary weapons for the princesses!

Alastor15243

Something I always found odd about Fates was that only the princes got legendary weapons. If you were to make legendary weapons for the princesses, what would you have them be (no spoilers)?

For me:

Camilla: The Dragon Axe Fáfnir.

Mt 14, Hit 75, Crit 10, Range 1. Grants wielder immunity to all post-battle skills (poison strike, seal defense, etc.)

Keeping the theme of all of the Nohrian legendary weapons being named after characters from the third opera of Richard Wagner's Der Ring des Nibelungen, Camilla's weapon is named after the dragon Siegfried did battle with. I also chose to keep the pattern of Nohrian legendary weapons being protective.

Elise: Merciful Shade

1 range, Heals equal to 10 HP plus half of your magic (as opposed to 1/3 like all other rods and staves) and grants immunity to status effects and debuffs for one turn. 3 uses, regenerates between battles.

Personally I thought all staves should have operated like this in-game, having limited uses per battle but never needing to be replaced, so the crippling issue of "too awesome to use" was eliminated for staves too, like it was with weapons. Again, keeping with the theme, her staff is a defensive one.

Hinoka: Suijin Naginata, The Water God Spear.

Mt 11, Hit 85, Ddg +10, Range 1. Grants wielder the pass ability.

Keeping with the naming theme, obviously, but also keeping with the theme of the Hoshidan weapons focusing on assault (power and agility), Hinoka's legendary weapon allows her to flow like water and pass through enemy formations unhindered, which, combined with her pegasus mount, grants her massive mobility.

Sakura: Empowering Light

Range 1-2. Heals (7 + Mag/2) HP and grants +2 Str/Mag/Spd/Skl until end of battle. 3 uses, regenerates between battles.

I'm a bit iffy on the balance of the stat specifics, but something along these lines would be interesting. I initially considered a debuff staff, y'know, the kind of thing that would've made Conquest an even bigger hell, but that didn't really seem her style.

As for Azura... really I've never used her as anything but a singer, so I have no clue.

Edited by Alastor15243

Here's a couple ideas that I came up with.

The Vengeful Axe, Gudrun (or Kriemhild), for Camilla

Mt: 15

Hit: 70

Crit: 10

Range: 1-2

Effect: If unit has less than 50% HP, +5 damage inflicted

Named for Siegfried's wife Gudrun/Kriemhild, who murdered her two children with her second husband Alti and fed them to him at a feast in revenge for killing her family for the treasure formerly guarded by Fafnir, then killed him by setting the feast hall on fire.

Svanhildr, for Elise

Uses: 30

Range: [Mag/2]

Effect: Recovers [Mag/3+15] to one ally and grants them Skill +3 and Speed +3 (does not stack).

Named for the daughter of Siegfried and Gudrun, who was executed via trampling by horses after being accused of infidelity.

Amenonuhoko, the Heavenly Jeweled Spear, for Hinoka

Mt: 13

Hit: 85

Crit: 10

Range 1-2

Effect: Reverses terrain effects so that defense, hit and avoid bonuses become penalties

Named for the spear that Izanagi-no-Okami and Izanami-no-Mikoto used to create the first island of primordial Japan.

Kikurihime, for Sakura

Uses: 30

Effect: Recovers [Mag/3+20] HP and grants an ally Defense +3 and Resistance +3 for three turns (does not stack).

Named for Kikurihime, the Shinto goddess of negotiation who attempted to reconcile Izanagi-no-Okami and Izanami-no-Mikoto after their falling out.

Edited by AzureSen

Baldeir | Elise's staff

USES: thrice per battle. cannot break.

RANGE: 1-5

elise only. enables the user to pick three people to heal 15 HP to and grants +2 to both strength and magic.

Freyja | Camilla's axe

MT: 12

HIT: 80

CRIT: 10

RANGE: 1

camilla only. heals the wielder 20% of their health after they initiate combat and defeat the enemy. does not interfere with takers.

only thought up the nohr sisters, rip

Well Kriemhild/Gudrun is taken, so I'm kinda lost for words with Camilla. Still going to post my version here but it's not very different.

I like the idea of having the staves be replenished after battle. I can imagine Sakura taking her rod to a shrine after the battle to pray for the power back. That is a very neat idea.

Even then, I won't be giving Sakura and Elise a unique staves and just go with the bow and tome respectively. All of them are rank E despite having Mt near the silver weapons.

So here it is...with Japanese names, history and some notes for improvement and balance.

Gudrun (グードルン Gūdorun) or Kriemhild (クリームヒルト Kurīmuhiruto)

Mt: 14

Crit: 5

Effect: Camilla only; Critical Evade +10, Damage +5 when user trigger the battle while in possession.

Etymology: AzureSen already gave the basic outline of history, so I won't give you the long explanation. Something to note is that Gudrun was loyal to her brothers while Kriemhild was yandere for Siegfried so pick one that sounds better for you.

Design: Camilla's Axe's design while wreathing it in fire. If for a more unique design, the axe should have a more purple hue maybe with some thorns on it. It should still be wreathed in fire. As for the range animation (No, you are not throwing it) You can give it the Ragnarok animation since that seems to go very well (especially with the high might) or the boring Fire animation.

Other effect ideas

• Grant it Wing Shield when equipped.
  • Skill% chance of performing Vengeance
  • User recover 5% after killing a unit. (Mini Lifetaker)
  • enemies within 2 tile radius have their HP reduced by 5% after battle (Mini savage blow)
  • Effective against beast units (Another beast killer)
  • Res +4 when in possession (Camilla's axe with added Res)

Notes, opinions and ideas for balancing:

• Ugh, coming up with the effects is so hard for these weapons. How to make them useable but not too OP. It is a nightmare in some cases. You either make it underwhelming or insanely OP. I can't decide whether to base it off the older brother's or the younger brother's weapons. So just pick one of the effects I gave on the list if the initial one is not your liking.
  • Most of the stuff is solid, just some nicky picky stuff for balancing. Like adding -10 avoid or reducing the hit to 65 so that Camilla can at least have a hard time with that.

Amenonuhoko (天沼矛)

Mt: 12

Hit: 75

Avoid: 10

Effect: Hinoka only; The user's weakness is nullified when in possession.

Etymology: Yeah, I'm stealing...I know. I'm so sorry, AzureZen, but it's really hard to come up with one for Hinoka. So just check AzureZen for all the basic information on this name.

Design: Well this one is pretty much gift wrapped for you, considering that it is a naginata decorated with jewels. Just make more predominately red with some heaven/earth motif. The range animation could either be rock or jewel being thrown or the heaven shining light. It depends.

Other effect ideas

• Bowbreaker/axebreaker effect?
  • When user trigger battle, physical damage received -5 (Armored Blow)
  • Spd +4 when in possession

Notes, opinion, and ideas for balancing

• Not much I can say for the weapon, I'm very sorry for stealing the name. I didn't want to use Ryujin or Suijin since their water motif kinda conflict with what I plan for Azura.
  • This one is very basic, not very different nor very creative. Not much I can say for balancing because it seems fine.

Aslaug (アスラウグ Asuraugu)

Mt: 9

Hit: 75

Effect: Elise only; Critical Evade +10, After a battle initiated by the user, all stats and movement +1 to all allies within a 3 tile radius.

Etymology: Based on the daughter of Siegfried and Brynhildr. Aslaug was known for her premature wisdom and her peasant-like upbringing. She later would marry Ragnar Lodbrok after displaying her ingenuity.

Design: I'm thinking of music notes and light for the animation but I can't really pick. The book is definitely pink, with some rose design on it. Maybe have a music note, as the cover design.

Other effect ideas

• Skill% chance of reducing the enemy movement to 0 (Freeze/Toxic Brew)
  • After battle initiated by the user, allies within a 2 tile radius recover 10% HP.
  • Can be used as stave/rod for 10 uses, Restore after battle.

Notes, opinions and ideas for balancing

• Thank god, I found a name for Elise, otherwise I'm going to die of embarrassment if I had to copy someone from here again. Guess I can only work with little sisters but I will definitely steal from big sisters.
  • I had to make it weaker than Leo's tome and even then it's not very much.
  • Not much options on effect ideas, most of them are very similar to Sakura's.
  • Seems pretty solid, not much to say.

Konohana Yumi (木花弓 Kibanakyu, lit. Tree Flower Bow)

Mt: 13

Hit: 65

Range: 2

Effect: Sakura only; Skill* 0.75 chance of adding half Mag or Str to the other value when attacking.

Etymology: The name is based on Konohanasakuya-hime. She is known as the princess and the symbol of earthly life. Her symbol is the cherry blossom and she is also known as the goddess of volcanos.

Design: Mikoto's Yumi with glowing sakura/cerise color. A unique design may add a cherry blossom on the upper curve of the bow. The string has fire covering it. The quivers have sakura marking and designs. As the yumi is drawn, the fire quickly covers the arrow before it is released. The size of the bow can be smaller or larger than the Fujin Yumi, depending on preference.

Other effect ideas

• Not much but if it had a different name or design then here are some ideas.
  • Heal allies within 2 tile radius by 5%
  • Restore HP every turn when equipped (Mikoto's Yumi)
  • Can be used as a rod/stave for like 10 uses. Restore after battle.

• If I decided to make this weapon 1-2 range and a magic weapon, Hoshido is going to have an eruption.
  • Even with the limitations, I decided that Skill% would still be too OP, so bumped it down to Dragon Fang's activation. I am very close with adding the Aether/Astra activation if it still too strong by the public opinion.
  • If I do give it a 1-2 range or make it a magic weapon, I can lower the might to 9 or lower the avoid to -10.
  • Finding the right name for this weapon took me an entire day of just looking up wikipedia sources, google translate, a variety of kanji sites, so I settled with this one. I could be lazy and just used katakana but that wouldn't fit with most of Hoshido's weapon using kanji.

Requiem (レクイエム)

Mt: 6

Effect: Azura only; Critical Evade +10, effective against Vallite/Monster Units

Etymology: Requiem is musical composition offered in honor for the dead.

Design: Blessed Lance but with an aqua hue. You can have it glow for effects. Shoot water bubbles for range animation. Similar to Corrin's Dragon Fang Shot.

Other effect ideas

• Heal units within 2 tile radius by 10% HP after singing.

• Yeah, pretty generic. Can't think up of a name for Azura's weapon aside from something musical.
  • I want to make the name more european in order to contrast Corrin's japanese sword.
  • Initally, the weapon was also going to have an effectiveness over Foriegn Army (My Castle Units) and Dragon units but I stopped myself before breaking the game.
  • The avoid was originally 20, but that was too dodgy so now it is reduced. I didn't want to give Azura a critical rate at first, but craved in anyway.

That is all, I am so sorry for stealing half the names. I hope that their will be more interesting weapons/staves ideas for the sisters. I'm also open to any discussions.

Edited by TanatatKnight

Their brothers weapons of course. Sakura/Hinoka with the Fuujin Bow, or Elise/Camilla with Brynhildr.
Just imagine the sheer potential of it story-wise and gameplay-wise !

Camilla

Twisted Fate: Tome

Mt 10,

Hit 90%

crit 5%

Range 1-2

Special: When used, has a 10% chance to apply a random effect on either Camilla or the enemy. (either stat increase for Camilla, or stat decrease for enemy.)

Hinoka

Hoshido's Guard: Naginata

MT 12

Hit 80%

Crit 5%

Range 1

Special: +2 Defense, +2 Speed. 10% chance to apply Hoshido's protection when hit. Halves damage from bows/knives/tomes.

Edited by Tolvir

Sakura: Kagu-Josho: The fire staff

Effects: Recover 20HP to all allies within 3 spaces and adds +5 Strength, Magic Def and Res. However you can only use this staff twice during a battle and also adds -10 avoid to recover units.

Hinoka: Hariken-Yari: The Storm Spear

MT:10
Hit: 95
Crit:15
Avoid: -5
Rng: 1-2

Bonuses: Extra damaged to all flying units, adds +10 to skill and 20+ crit t ranged attacks if the enemy is holding a bow.

How about a weapon for Azura as well? I'm not good at thinking up stats, but I think a Lance/Naginata named after Varunastra would be pretty cool. This is what Wikipedia has to say about Varunastra:

"The Varunastra (Sanskrit वरुणास्त्र) is the water weapon (a storm) according to the Indian scriptures, incepted by Varuna. In stories it is said to assume any weapon's shape, just like water."

Valla has a lot of connections to water and, if I'm remembering correctly, is loosely based on India. The weapon is also said to be capable of destroying the user themselves if a single mistake is comitted, just like Azura dies in Birthright/Conquest after overusing her songs. The weapon was also used by chanting a mantra in the manner prescribed, which we could connect to Azura's songs. It could also give a Nohrian counterpart to the Yatonokami, since there are 3 Sacred Hoshidan Weapons but only 2 Nohrian ones.

Edited by Luankachu

How about a weapon for Azura as well? I'm not good at thinking up stats, but I think a Lance/Naginata named after Varunastra would be pretty cool. This is what Wikipedia has to say about Varunastra:

"The Varunastra (Sanskrit वरुणास्त्र) is the water weapon (a storm) according to the Indian scriptures, incepted by Varuna. In stories it is said to assume any weapon's shape, just like water."

[spoiler=Spoilers]

Valla has a lot of connections to water and, if I'm remembering correctly, is loosely based on India. The weapon is also said to be capable of destroying the user themselves if a single mistake is comitted, just like Azura dies in Birthright/Conquest after overusing her songs. The weapon was also used by chanting a mantra in the manner prescribed, which we could connect to Azura's songs. It could also give a Nohrian counterpart to the Yatonokami, since there are 3 Sacred Hoshidan Weapons but only 2 Nohrian ones.

I second this, I can't find a good name for the weapon I want to give Azura but this fits her very well. I can imagine it change shape into a tome or a stave if she choose to change classes.

I headcanon that Azura gets the Yato instead of Corn, so that's easy.

Kriemhild (Camilla)

Mt- 14, Hit- 70, Crit- 10, effective against beasts and immunity to poison-type skills

Svanhild (Elise)

Inflicts the 'freeze' effect on enemies in a 'plus' shape, similar to the ballistican command. Hit- 70.

Hachijin (Hinoka)

Mt- 11, Hit- 80, Crit- 10, +4 Skill, +10 Avoid, +10 CEv

Omoijin (Sakura)

Grants target unit +2 to all stats for one turn.

Edited by Phillius

Well let us look as what makes Azura Azura.

She is a bit on the mysterious side, she has a beautiful singing voice (courtesy of Rena Strober), she has some control over water, she is a Princess of the hidden kingdom, and she seems a little on the mischievous side.

I'd say she, like Corrin, should have a different weapon based on the route chosen.

[spoiler=Birthright]

Version 1: Light Naginata

• Might: 5
  • Hit: 85
  • Crit: 5
  • Avoid: +10
  • Critical Dodge: 0
  • Range: 1
  • Weapon effects: Naginata weapons grant +1 Defense and Resistance.

Version 2: Sol Naginata

• Might: 9
  • Hit: 85
  • Crit: 10
  • Avoid: +20
  • Critical Dodge: 5
  • Range: 1-2
  • Weapon effects: Naginata weapons grant +1 Defense and Resistance
  • Special effects: When this weapon is in the units inventory, gain access to the Sol skill (Skill% chance to activate, recovering 50% of damage dealt as HP)

[spoiler=Conquest]

Version 1: Dark Lance

• Might: 9
  • Hit: 65
  • Critical:0
  • Avoid: +5
  • Critical Dodge: +10
  • Weapon effects: Magical Weapon

Version 2: Luna Lance

• Might: 17
  • Hit: 75
  • Critical: 5
  • Avoid: +10
  • Critical Dodge: +20
  • Weapon Effects: Magical Weapon
  • Special Effects: When in the users inventory, gain access to the Luna skill (Skill% chance to ignore half of the targets Defense or Resistance, depending on targeted stat)

[spoiler=Revelations]

Version 1: Hidden Scepter

• Might: 10
  • Hit: 75
  • Crit: 5
  • Avoid: +5
  • Critical Dodge: +5
  • Weapon effects: +1 Defense and +1 Resistance when wielded. When using this weapon, gain the ability to switch between physical and magical damage.

Version 2: Silence Scepter

• Might: 15
  • Hit: 80
  • Crit: 15
  • Avoid: +15
  • Critical Dodge: +15
  • Weapon effects: +1 Defense and +1 Resistance when wielded. When using this weapon, gain the ability to switch between physical and magical damage.
  • Special effects: Skill x0.50% chance to activate the Aether skill when in units inventory (Activate the effects of Sol and Luna in 2 separate attacks). Luck and Defense +4 when in units inventory.

• 4 weeks later...