The Anarchist of Music Thread: Still hungers for new submissions!

I think Excellen shared this in a different thread since I recall listening to this, enjoying it a lot, and checking out the rest of the album(and liking that too). Still worth listening to again imo

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i keep thinking it's chen's day and it keeps not being

and then it was and i fucking forgot lmao anyway here I think??? is Chen's

listed, accurately, as CUTE! emphasis mine

OMG... The Hurting is one of my absolute favorite music albums of all time!

I believe it's even the album I've listened to the most in my life.

I love The Hurting, I love Pale Shelter, I love Change!

Mad World is my #2 popsong of all time.

It makes me sad that the cover (I really hate tbh) is even more popular than the original.

Curt Smith and Roland Orzabal did so many great songs, but their first album is still my favorite.

Edited by Ayama Wirdo

OMG... The Hurting is one of my absolute favorite music albums of all time!

I believe it's even the album I've listened to the most in my life.

I love The Hurting, I love Pale Shelter, I love Change!

Mad World is my #2 popsong of all time.

It makes me sad that the cover (I really hate tbh) is even more popular than the original.

Curt Smith and Roland Orzabal did so many great songs, but their first album is still my favorite.

You know the point of this thread is to listen to new music right? Not just to only ever care about songs you already know. That's boring and against anarchist spirit.

You know the point of this thread is to listen to new music right?

No, I didn't know it and it's like the second time I ever posted in this thread.

In general I love 80s music because they were part of my childhood and I connect so many good memories with them.

And what's wrong to share my memories about an old song I enjoy?

If people don't appreciate it and have the opinion that I missed out the point of this thread... well then I won't post here anymore.

If people don't appreciate it and have the opinion that I missed out the point of this thread

this isn't a thing people "have the opinion" of yo, it's pretty much explicitly outlined in the op with its focus on diversity and shit

EDIT: and i'll throw in there that it's kind of frustrating when people only comment on songs they know because it reduces commentary on the rest of the shit - we're not here to circlejerk about music, if i wanted to link kpop to somebody who was balls deep into kpop i'd just do that personally with specta; i'm here to expose people who wouldn't ordinarily look at kpop a second time to what i think are great examples of the genre, and in turn to be exposed to shit i wouldn't ever look up myself whether i like it or not, and to talk about why i liked it or didn't

Edited by Integrity

this isn't a thing people "have the opinion" of yo, it's pretty much explicitly outlined in the op with its focus on diversity and shit

EDIT: and i'll throw in there that it's kind of frustrating when people only comment on songs they know because it reduces commentary on the rest of the shit - we're not here to circlejerk about music, if i wanted to link kpop to somebody who was balls deep into kpop i'd just do that personally with specta; i'm here to expose people who wouldn't ordinarily look at kpop a second time to what i think are great examples of the genre, and in turn to be exposed to shit i wouldn't ever look up myself whether i like it or not, and to talk about why i liked it or didn't

First of all: I didn't read the op.

When I read the title of this thead, I thought at once music will be introduced to be judged by the viewers.

People who know about this song (like me in the latest case) can share their opinions and memories.

People who don't know this song could be get brought into this music.

Anyways I have understood now by your comments that only the latter point is the purpose of this thread.

Disinnocence

i find it really hard to forgive the song for the first two minutes, but once the drums started up i started to enjoy it

...but after about four minutes of that, with two minutes of song left, i was ready to skip it and pretended i listened to the rest

i didn't, though, and the last minute of instrumentals was pretty good. reminded me of sing-sing's weirder songs, a band which i'm pretty sure i haven't posted itt and now i'm thinking to

Excellen

i'm the first to poo-poo a full-length strict instrumental track but i really liked this one, it wasn't perfect but i'd give it a pleasant 7 or 8

Chen's

this was not the sound the title, preview, and first few seconds of mv prepared me for.

i was not disappointed.

fuccoib

i don't like tears for fears :(

I missed a lot so I'll go for the last four for right now

Disinnocence: overall pretty cool. I too enjoyed the ethereal vibe.

Excellen: Not really my style

Chen: oh my god I love it

fuccoib: tears for fears isn't really my thing

chen's - i liked it a lot wtf its super peppy and i dig

fuccboi's - its not particularly my style but it's a good beat. I'm not rlly quite sure how to describe it, but it was okay

I think my favorite part of today's song was the opening instrumental section; it just felt good. Not the biggest fan of the vocals but they work and I overall like the song.

Edited by Ambling Falchion

Excellen

this band sure is excellin' at playing their instruments, i tell you what. accordion skeptics can shove it

Chen

didn't do anything for me tbh, but the trend of interesting sonic palettes in j-/k-pop songs itt continues

fuccoib

oib this is good. i've long considered "everybody wants to rule the world" to be one of those 80's megahits that's held up uncheesily well. maybe this song will finally get me to listen to a tf2 album, a little new-wave harmonizing never hurt no one