The Anarchist of Music Thread: Still hungers for new submissions!

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

been neglecting my duties

@excellen

it was okay.

@disinnocence

my guts fuck with this. i fuck with this viscerally. i fuck with this more than i usually fuck with dan barrett's stuff, which is already fuckwitable. i'll take one. the outro was kind of a weird switch up though.

@esme

this is excellent

@dijon

not really my speed

@enigmar

i might like this song if i didn't hate the hook tbh

@duke piston

it's super basic but i actually kinda like it. would get hype enough to do shots on

yeah yeah i know it's been a while but i'm here

Paparazzi: never been a huge lady gaga fan but this one's alright.

Shades: the harmonious vocals n shit made the song for me. i dig it.

Fragile Bird: been meaning to check out city and colour for a while now. i'll definitely check them out after hearing this one. i've always appreciated their art aesthetic.

Lilac / Dave the Watchman: Accordion to a recent survey, replacing words with the names of musica- okay i'll stop. good song with a chill atmosphere that makes me feel at peace.

Long Live the Chief: the beat was slightly jarring and distracting but his flow and lyrics made up for it.

The Girl From Ipanema: holy shit i didn't think the song could get any better but then the sax came in and oh lord was it good.

Turiya and Ramakrishna: i really like the free-flowing style of this song (and in general) where it's just meandering aimlessly while still feeling cohesive and having some point to it. i really like it is what i mean.

Erotic Heat: not really into it tbh.

Ode To The Bouncer: ... ahem, the video was pretty interesting, but the song was only alright. i prefer the other one i've heard by them, but i wouldn't turn this one off.

Papi: had me pretty bored through most of it, but it's decent enough to listen the whole way through. i'm indifferent i guess.

also, yeah if you like lots of synths, ghostly choir vocals, and the generally depressing atmosphere of if i let him in, then i'd suggest you let ... is doomed in, because i believe it's worth it.

goddamn this is chill, in maybe the first time i've ever put these words to paper i preferred the dude's voice though, so the first 90 seconds were really good and then it kinda fell off

joao gilberto's voice is wonderful, he has a really unique, soothing style. this album was a collaboration with an american jazz sax player and his wife, most of his music is more like this or this

'And now for something that's nothing like k.d. lang's other work', Ambling Falchion alleges, and that's just fine by me because this is a good and cool song that I like.

Eclipse warns that the song starts really quietly and might not be viewable in europe i have five minutes until i need to go and my cats claws are digging into SGHDU my shoudler

congrats to disinnocence for breaking my record with 10 (ten) comments in one post, i could not want to end my life more

Enigmar

even tho i remember the first studio killers song i'm not sure what i just heard. bit overloaded? visually interesting. guess she's aiming for a gorillaz-type visual characters thing anyway, so nb on those (her) terms

your mum

didn't get anything out of this besides "This thing called life, it's hard to put into words, but simply, I am the master of it," but that's honestly a lot. fwiw i like "4 walls" and "shadow." f(x) seems like a good group for k-pop skeptics

Ambling Falchion

Lil B once said "fuck KD." gonna have to disagree with Him.

(so, so sorry)

Eclipse

ftr the video appears to be unrestricted. youtube video restrictions can be checked on this purportedly accurate site

really trance-y stuff. good background music for... a futuristic yet apocalyptic racer. extreme-g shit, if you know what i mean

fuccboi's song won't play in my country but I am assured that 'this isn't the best or most unique track on this record but is a great introduction to all the cool voice stuff she does in the record. she has a very unique style and s(o)un(d)beams is absolutely excellent'

In love with the vocals from the first instant; both songs were p great imo though the second one gets points for the multiple vocal tracks. I've always liked that a lot so I should probably check out the rest of her stuff

very considerately, ireland's two most prominent (i guess probably) bands united to tell my origin story

highlights include the explicit IRA support of uploader 'bigsteve 1888'

lowlights include the remnants of shane macgowan's teeth why are they the thumbnail i'm sorry

Edited by Parrhesia

@Falchion - I liked it for reasons I can't really explain.

@Eclipse - the sound was amazing

@fuccboi - really enjoyed it, especially the presentation in the second video with the four boxes

@Parrhesia - fun, but I wouldn't say it's my type of music

dijon mustard: 'last song i posted was "erotic heat" which i ~spoonerized to "heretic eat" which made me think of ramadan fsr which made me think of ramadanman which made me think of this song. i'll go be dumb somewhere else for a while.' #relatable #yolo #stopkony2012