The Anarchist of Music Thread: Still hungers for new submissions!

No need to submit multiple at the same time, we have enough people to keep it cycling comfortably if everyone's still actively submitting.

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

let's see if i kill myself before i catch up

MOIRA.

i really like this. it sounds a lot like the music i used to think was the pinnacle of musicry when i was a youth

what's the rest of their sound like? is there an album i should look into?

my

i'm not convinced this isn't the singer from the mission uk

i almost liked it. almost. i think it was mostly the pacing that threw me off for some reason.

Dijon Mustard

nnnnnnnnnnope.

shadowess

my dad would probably really dig this. i don't, but i bet he would.

Jin

ellie goulding is weird and i'm really never sure where i stand with her. i can't bring myself to say i don't like her, but she's never something i'd choose to listen to.

i'm a deeply conflicted human being.

Ambling Falchion's

this was Okay but it never really moved past Okay

well it did something in the third minute at least, but still just Not Quite

Duke Piston Forever

i don't actually know why i don't own any tempest albums

s m e e e e e e e e e e.

i kinda liked this, but it felt like buildup to something and then ended kind of abruptly

Disinnocence:

reminded me of like an early the killers b-side. pretty good overall, nothing amazing special but pretty much what was advertised in the comments

Excellen,

i'm fox mulder's body double tys

i started out with a bad feeling about this song but i warmed up to it in the end. outro was about a minute too long but that's okay

Dijon Mustard

, same, honestly.

EDIT: i mean same to the comments, not same as the previous song

Edited by Integrity

okay, hopefully i won't be going on long absences from here for a while now. we'll see.

The Sleeper In The Valley: a pretty enjoyable listen all around. i like her voice well enough to check out some other stuff too at some point.

Captain Ward: an all around fun song, but it wasn't a huge standout for me. don't worry i still enjoyed it.

Concerto (etc.): this sounds like it would play during the credits of a retro rpg or something. i dig it a lot.

Tukki: pretty good. not much else to say, tbh.

Shutterbug: oh hell yeah this one was pretty sick. i thought the intro sounded vaguely like death grips, so that extra points i guess.

on moving mountains, their s/t'd album and their split with prawn are mostly in line with the sounds displayed on the song posted here, so if you like it, check them out. i'll admit, they do sound a bit commercial or whatnot, but they're still enjoyable listens if you just want to listen to something pretty. now, if you go further back into their discography (namely waves, pneuma, and foreward), they get more experimental and more post-harcore/emo styled. you're bound to find something you'll enjoy in their music somewhere, i bet.

Edited by Disinnocence

st. vincent is a very studied, precise songwriter (4 solo albums and not a word or note out of place, no that just would not do). reminds me of kate bush. *extremely licensed armchair psychologist voice* i get the feeling she wants to remain enigmatic and fluid, not just to others but to herself. prefers to speak with style, e.g., tasty brass. her songs are more "that was rather nice" than "whoa" to me, e.g., this song. i'm a fan

My offering this time is the revelation that what will inevitably go down in history as the Sopranos theme is in fact an actual good song with a totally fucking incomprehensible video. Please post your favourite artistic interpretations here ty

damn triplepost, looks like we all had fun(!) this weekend

My... Please post your favourite artistic interpretations here ty

still haven't watched the sopranos, and honestly i don't get enough blame for that. my artistic interpretation of this video is that it's a wrangler ad because everyone's sporting workmanlike denim, yet it has the vibe of an ad for a fictitious whiskey called "blue moon" yw

Ambling Falchion

so this is what inspectah deck has been up to. really liked [googles] [about 229,000 results (0.49 seconds)] Esoteric's verses, so i'll check out some of his older stuff. because i'm going full #TheirEarlyStuffWasBetter for an artist i just found out existed

Fuccboi

couldn't get into his song but i could get into his visuals

Dijon Mustard: these three are sisters. i guess singing... runs in the family :B):

their music is immortal. i guess the roches... would survive a nuclear explosion :B):

i literally posted but then internet decided to be wacky THANKS INTERNET

imma do the songs on this page bc I'm late

romybrog - i liked it! the vocals were nice

parr - it was enjoyable. i liked the singing

ambling falchion - i dug the beginning but i think that's mostly because i thought it was an old meme, it was alright altho i started to get less invested as the song went on

fuccboi - dug the instrumentals, not so much the voice but w/e

dijon mustard - it was alright. a little slow for my tastes but they all had nice voices

okay jesus time to catch up

@shadowess

i enjoy preppy club-ready edm as much as anyone else, but it's kind of a neutral response from me. tho tbf it seems more to me like those songs that i shout-sing when they come on and i'm drunk. like titanium and i love it lol

@jin

i don't think that song was that interesting in the first place and ellie goulding's cover doesn't really change that for me :(

@ambling falchion

subtle and quiet and moving and it touched me

@integrity

irish folk rock kind of fascinates me

@esme

i literally immediately downloaded this album after hearing the song that week

@disinnocence

it was aight

@excellen

liked it more than i thought i would actually

@dijon mustard

big boi that good shit

@roymbrog

fucking love this song and record, it's spotless (in a good way, smd captain mustard)

@parrhesia

song was adequately Good and the video was adequately Incomprehensible

@ambling falchion

man i haven't listened to that yet. this just convinced me to get on it asap, that was tight as hell

@fuccboi

wow is that more popular argentine music of past decades??? you truly are a connoisseur in such matters uccbocif

@dijon custard

it was aight

@integrity

dont really feel no type of ways about it

okay i said i wouldn't go on long absences but i did again and now i've proven my word untrustworthy. forgive me.

Digital Witness: i could have sworn that the picture on the video fucking moves, but regardless of how spooked out i am, it's an enjoyable song with some sexy brass and please satan don't take my soul.

Woke Up This Morning: not being an expert music video analysis and interpreter, i wouldn't have a clue on where to start on what the video means, but the song's pretty cool, that's for sure.

Lumber Jack Match: the guitar sounds likes it's from a yes song, but i'm probably wrong, so don't listen to me. even if i'm wrong, the song is pretty sick and i enjoyed it decently enough.

El Muerto: this song went through quite a few different shifts, some of which, to me, didn't really fit too well into the song because they would play something for a total of 5 seconds then go back to the regular song, but the rhythm section on this song was divine, so i like it.

Runs In The Family: can't get down with this one tbh, but my love for harmonies has me at least appreciating it.

Growing Pains: the lamborghini sounds were my favorite part. kidding aside, it was alright.

okay yes i know it's RADIOHEAD, the band that pretty much everyone and their grandmother knows, but i've pretty much been only listening to them recently, so it's the only thing i feel like posting right now. it's a good (great) song, i promise. (it's really hard to find studio versions of radiohead songs on youtube)

is what you said about your song

i have a soft spot for radiohead and most of the fairly small catalogue of music my father listened to which means it's always kind of nostalgic for me