The Anarchist of Music Thread: Still hungers for new submissions!

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i asked for an extension

Shadowess

ik and like the withers version, this one just isn't doing it for me idk, tone feels off. (at the risk of being as maximally simple as ever, i liked the little claps she added. yup, the claps. jingle some keys in front of my stupid face, i'll probably like that too)

fuccboi

DISGUISE IT AS TANGO SO THE FEDS BACK UP. fuccboi movin that argie music like FOR MY HUSTLERS PLAY THE PART I'M A SMUGGLER DISH IT TO MY JUGGLERS GET IT OUT TO THE CUSTOMERS, is my analysis. i've been influenced, badly

parrhesia

whenever drake hops on a song i'm like "aww, him?" so seeing him show up in this video as a personal attack against me was sub-ideal. anti-optimal. otherwise yeah this song has a good hook (feat. the perpetually cute andrew van-whatsisname). not often u can call a party song "off-kilter"

only thing better than the hook ofc is "I'M SCREAMIN OUT [censored]"

Marusu

stephen malkmus thinks mac demarco sounds lazy. real charmer tho. one of those dudes where it feels like the persona is the dealmaker and the songs just kinda emanate from there. he seems cool ergo the song seems cool?

Dreaming: his voice is pretty great and I like the instrumentation quite bit, especially the percussion and bass groove

Separate Ways: since it's not that song, I can enjoy it for what it is- glitzy pop rock that's still pretty fun for me

i remember one day my parents were yelling about something at like midnight and i couldn't sleep so i decided to just listen to some shit until they stopped and i think this was one of them

it's surprisingly good at drowning out people who are screaming

also it is actually okay

the music video is a special kind of hilarious though and i can't tell if it's intentional or not

it looks like actually 0 dollars were spent making it

Edited by unique

dreamland - it was okay, i liked his vocals

eclipse - i surprisingly enjoyed it but judging from other reactions i feel like i'm missing vastly on something and i don't want to know what i'm missing on

i'll catch up later

I'm not entirely sure what Knight Falchion submitted but it really can't be good for my eyes.

Also, our buffer's shrunk to like 4-5 songs again.

Edited by Parrhesia

Dijon Mustard thinks 'it's kinda weird that this track samples a dude going "ahh" after drinking a crisp, cool, refreshing Sprite, but what do i know'

Either way this rules

for once i post here before my song gets posted.

Grandma's Hands: percussion reminds me of the haxan cloak and/or forest swords, which i happen to enjoy a lot. i can dig it. figured since the original version was mentioned a few times, i'd listen to that one too, and while i like the vibe of the original version, the cover does it some justice to believe too. both are pretty good.

Astor Piazzolla: those strings were pretty sexy hell yeah. i'd like some more of that shit.

Pursuit of Happiness: kid cudi is basically a meme at this point, but at least this song was pretty good. i dig the spacey feel of the beat/production/etc.

Dreaming: pretty good. the song feels/sounds like dreaming which pretty cool i guess. i'd explain but you probably felt the same too... r-right?

Separate Ways: yeah sure it's 80's as fuck but i've always had an affinity for this song (and wheel in the sky) so yeah it's enjoyable. don't judge me.

Fruitcake: i love saxophones. turns out this song had quite a bit of them in it. that means i really liked this song. good shit.

Halloween Sp00ks: all i tend to think of now when i hear old halloween songs is halloween memes, but i still love them anyway.

Soul Kissing: thanks for informing me of the dude going "ahh" because it made the song 10 times better. i love it.