The Anarchist of Music Thread: Still hungers for new submissions!

The first verse has some of Knight Falchion's favorite lyrics of all time tbh and when my internet unshits itself I may even be able to listen to them

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MY INTERNET IS BACK

"a lot of fans didn't really like the new singer on this album as much as the previous (might have been due to nostalgia, or maybe he really does mesh better with their music? luckily for them, he's back in the band), but i think this guy did a really good job on this record, and i liked him better than the other one. he fits really well with their ambient-prog or whatever you want to call it. not fucking djent because i hate that term, and barely relevant anymore (?). i really like the album, okay?" Disinnocelifeispain has a lot to say about Tesseract.

Knight Falchion

fleet foxes is a perfectly fine band i tend to savagely roast for no good reason. pretty song

Disinnocelifeispain has a lot to say about Tesseract.

same. "prog metal bands named after math homework" isn't my field but somehow i've listened to this album before. kinda like dlc's this is the warning (you'd probly like it d-pain) or to a lesser extent gojira's l'enfant sauvage (why not), it's v clearly not "for" me yet i stuck around till the credits. some would say that means i like the stuff, to which i'd reply, "no. christ, maybe a little"

"searching the song for clues as to why he spelled "tonight" properly when "2nite" was readily available" says Dijon Mustard, echoing what we're all thinking.

@saintseneca

ight song, nice vocals, might be persuaded to further inspection over drinks

@clio

delet this immediately

@danny brown

kinda wanna burn a city hall down

@cortex

wow!!!!!!

@rheinberger

man i just don't give a shit

@mastodon

see above. nice drums though

@cohen

rip ;__;

@arthur russell

see twice above

@65daysofstatic

this is a song i liked

@lindsey stirling

man i just... don't care...

@pixies

hey turns out the pixies are pretty good who could've known

@chelsea wolfe

this fucked my skull, but like, in a really good way, it laid pipe good

@battles

!!!

@fleet foxes

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@tesseract

you aren't fooling anyone, this djents. also this vocalist, much like preteen me, might have listened to nightwish

@araabmuzik

the name made me expect more of an arabian zest to it. ok song nonetheless, but offensively misleading name.... a refund is possibly in place

@araabmuzik

the name made me expect more of an arabian zest to it. ok song nonetheless, but offensively misleading name.... a refund is possibly in place

if you said he was offensively misleading for naming himself "muzik" i would have been owned enough to pay you back

THERE ARE NO SONGS IN THE BACKLOG

Therefore I, Parrhesia, had to improvise something and continue to be the most mainstream basic bitch contributor, hell yeah

Ice Cream: it hampered my ability to enunciate for a day but I enjoyed listening to it enough to spin it a second time so it was worth, I guess

Of Mind- Nocturne: mixed feelings on the vocals but I liked the subtler, softer moments quite a bit

Streetz Tonight: the whispery vocals were A+ imo

Tailor-Made: if by ice you meant chill, then I agree. Felt a little too long for me, oddly enough

Farmer in the City: I feel like this was missing a man emoting passionately on a stage but aside from that was pretty solid

No Man's Woman: didn't really get into it until the guitars properly kicked in. I prefer her softer stuff but I liked it nonetheless

i will contribute a song, but only because you yelled

smeenill; a ice

"floating points remix" got me p hype for this, wasn't disappointed. much better than the original

I, Parrhesia, had to improvise something and continue to be the most mainstream basic bitch contributor, hell yeah

as an even more basic bitch i'm visibly upset this isn't "nothing compares 2 u," the only song she's recorded

you aren't fooling anyone, this djents.

fuck

But, in all seriousness, to explain my slightly hyperbolic statements, I guess I don't hate djent as a genre, just more so the status of it, if that makes sense. I just get triggered when a band gets labeled as djent because it was so overused back like... a year or so ago. It's fine now, I suppose.

Anyway, I'm back from my 7-day long absence due to untoward circumstances that may or may not have involved copious amounts of heroin and bad intentions. Let's just move onto the music, shall we?

Ice Cream (Featuring Matias Aguayo) - taken from the forthco- i'll stop: the moans at the beginning were getting a little erotic, which made me worried i was going to start feeling things while listening, but i managed to keep back those primal urges, and enjoyed the rest of the song. battles has always had a very fun and light hearted (somewhat) aspect to their music that always makes me love their stuff. also what the fuck is this man saying

Helplessness Blues (not the video): i really liked the way this song builds, and the second half was pretty fantastic. i'm down with this. the first few verses were cool because it has that minimalist but theatrical quality to it.

Streetz Tonight: oh shit this is one my my jams from gta 5. it's always weird hearing music you've heard so long in a game context outside of the game, man. it like sounds... different in a way? either way, i still love this one. EDIT: okay the gta version is like a remix but my point still stands about hearing a song in video game context sounds different than regular listening.

Tailor-Made (Floating Points Remix): yeah yeah yeah this song's fucking lit but take off the like last 1:30 and stretch that into a full ambient/choral song and that would be fucking great too. that way you have two good songs.

Farmer In The City (High Quality Audio): maybe the fact that i liked this song will help me appreciate that sunn O)))/scott walker collab. i want to love that shit.

No Man's Woman: this song was alright, but it does get better as moves through it. i can't vibe with the vocals though.

One thing I'll say about my song is that I didn't really dig the vocals when I first listened to it, but he really grew on me after... more than a few repeat listens. Yeah, he's got his problems, I'll admit, but I think he worked well with these dudes. Anyway, Altered State is definitely one of my favorite prog albums of this decade, because it doesn't really dwell in past influences too much (I'm looking at you, Opeth. please stop), so it sounds really futuristic/spacey/ambient. Plus it features saxophone on two of it's songs. That's nice, right? One is their debut, which is heavier and the vocalist might vibe better with you. Polaris is their most recent which has the same singer as their debut but it sounds more like this album. Best of both worlds, I guess? They're both good, but I just like this one. Check 'em out.

oh yeah i should submit the flaming lips' 24 hour song so while everyone's listening to it more songs can be contributed.

Edited by Disinnocence

all 24 of my yt recs are 90's hip-hop lmao time to listen to something else

Eclipse

this is something else, and a lot of it

shouting out whoever put me onto NAO, i'm addicted to this album

0760.png

PING

vocalist is intriguing, dunno about his bandmates but dude kinda shouts over them anyway. probably exciting live

today is a band "named after the worst state in the U.S.A.," which, if knight falchion is to be trusted, is the only real con to them

roll tide been meaning to check these folks out as another chapter of my ongoing saga, in which i attempt to like literally any current rock band. this song is backward-looking but in a lot of different ways. nb guess i'll try