The Anarchist of Music Thread: Still hungers for new submissions!

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Ze Germans are taking over the thread. Is Rammstein in the queue, too? ;) I'm not the biggest Kraftwerk fan, to be honest, although I am happy that Rrrrrammstein isn't the only German band with any international renown.

Liking the Alabama Shakes!

'Nice', not used in the little-brother-of-shitty kind of way, seems fitting. For me, that's the kind of music I can leave on for hours, but rather in the background without really listening to it consciously all the time. It's good, but it doesn't make me stop in my track because some particular part is so overwhelming.

it's time for my favorite part of the week where i judge everyone else's taste in music while flaunting my own.

Russian Easter Overture: i'm not very intellectual and i don't know a lot about the technicality and "musical theory" (or whatever, don't judge plz) behind classical music, so i can't comment on that side of the music, but i can say it's some good shit. that's really all anyone needs to know, right?

Hand In Hand: fun and slightly eclectic, but the music isn't exactly much of a standout. their vocalist does elevate their music a bit, and i imagine if they went more... experimental, they'd be pretty cool. what do i know.

Don't Wanna Fight: i was meant to check these guys out last year, but i never got to doing that because i was too busy procrastinating. look at what good that did me. now, i can rectify my mistakes by listening to them now. this shit grooves man.

Computer Love: is there a term for having sexual relations with technology? (i guess technosexuality is a thing fuck) may be best if we don't find out. relating to the actual song, i don't have much to say about it other than it's good and that i thought there was an earthquake while i was listening to it. that might say something about the music?

Geto Boys: the vocalist sounds extremely disinterested and spaced out, which i wasn't really a fan of, but that guitar (sampled?) was enough to redeem it, i suppose.

Girl: sounds like it would fit nicely during the... non-brutal sections of hotline miami. it's pretty, but even listening to it upfront it sounds like it's playing in the background. that's kind of cool. the "spaced-out" vocal vibe works better in this song too.

Disinnocence: due to the recent drought in music, i'm going to self-indulge a little bit by partaking in some AMPLIFIER WORSHIP. no, that is not famous unicycle-riding, drama entrance loving Dat Boi that everyone knows and loves on the cover, but just imagine it is, and you'll feel better. i apologize in advance if anyone has their face melted off by this song, or if they just didn't like it. <3

I vaguely remember that frog from primary school fsr but I don't remember doing what.

Oh, sorry about that.

Boris wasn't my cup of tea. Couldn't really see where it was going, so it was just... sound to me.

Hella is great. I generally prefer music with vocals, but I will add this to the list of exceptions.

Madeleine Peyroux I liked. Pleasant song, very relaxing, and a great voice.

it's been a long time, i shouldn't have left you

Glass Candsmee.

ooh this sounds like if chromatics had fun at mardi gras in 2007, if that makes aaaany sense. like it

Chen

the 80's aren't going anywhere are they (further in the past ig). agree with the "sounds nice" sentiment, what's to hate

DIJON MUSTARD

i definitely submitted this even tho idr submitting it. the rest of the mixtape is bad and uncomfortable sorta in the way listening to dudes on the internet rap about sonic the hedgehog is. that said i stand by this one corporate-sponsored song and its 350 fahrenheit degrees of heat

Disinnocence

been forever since i listened to the album and forever since this song started. go listen to earth 2: special low frequency version if you like pyur heavy drone-y old boris, now, in case you grow out of it

fuccboi

damn another #tbt/#eggplantfriday special it's been a long time i shouldn't have left etc.

if you like hella, check out don caballero (their album for respect mayyyy have been the first drumsgasm math rock album)

knight falchion

feels weird to have nothing illuuuuminating or playfully snarky to say, just "it's... nice," but here we are

ping

janis joplin is the rare 60's rock musician who might be ""underrated"" (or at least "not '''overrated'''"). fan of her style

time for late night ramblings because i forgot to do it earlier.

Feed The Streets (Watch The Stove): hell yeah

Been A Long Time, Cousin: something something death grips. but really, i believe zach hill can do no wrong. dude's absolutely phenomenal. make's me feel inadequate, but also inspires me. this song is fucking great and i love it very much.

Always A Use: a very pretty and simplistic song. not much to it, but i like that about it.

Ball And Chain: never been her biggest fan, but i do dig her style. this performance is pretty well done too.

$4 Vic / Nothing But Me+You: this one's my fuckin jam off this album. one of my favorite el-p tracks, probably only beaten out by poisenville kids no win or whatever it's called. either way, this song is great.

Okay, as stated in the Vicar of Music thread, Pink is a better transition into Boris' sound, but I think Amplifier Worship is a better introduction to Boris, if that makes sense. It's hard to exactly recommend any particular place to start with Boris, considering every album tends to have a different sound, spanning from drone/noise, to 70's stoner rock, to shoegaze and j-pop, but I will say Pink, Amplifier Worship, Akuma No Uta, Flood, Altar (collab with Sunn O)))), and Noise will basically span just about everything the band has to offer. Dronevil, Absolutego, Heavy Rocks, etc. are there if you want some more beyond those. There's a few possibly boring and/or mediocre albums the band has put out, but their good albums outweigh the okay ones. I'm pretty sure someone's bound to find something they'll enjoy somewhere in their discography. These chords shake the earth.

Edited by Disinnocence

SO AS IT HAPPENS, IT APPEARS WE ACCIDENTALLY SKIPPED A COUPLE SUBMISSIONS. MY BAD. I WILL GO BACK AND REMEDY THIS IMMEDIATELY.

s/o to the homie balcerzak for resubmitting a song which is what made me notice we hadn't even posted it

"While Denkare admittedly got their start mostly by contributing tracks to soundtracks for Japanese games, as I understand it 2014's Detonator was their first foray into producing an original full-length album. This is the title track from said album. If you feel the submission should be disqualified regardless, let me know and I will submit something from 妖精帝國, whose vocalist "Fairy Yui" is widely suspected to be Denkare's "Karen"."

it was supposed to go after boris

Edited by fuccboi