The Anarchist of Music Thread: Still hungers for new submissions!

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

new console fire emblem got me pretty excited for 2017.

Fall Back: not a fan of this, but at least it's pretty hype

Who are You?: this is so cheesy i can't not love it.  it's beautiful

Brace For Impact: oh yeah this was that country guy I was supposed to check out because it was a really good album, and I'm down for really good albums.  this is pretty good so I'll check out the rest of it ASAP since I need to listen to all the records I didn't listen to in 2016. 

Gramarye is a good album you should check out if you liked The Book of The Dead

Edited by Disinnocence

Almost forgot lmao

sadboi: i wanted to submit one of my signature weird fringe japanese band songs and i couldn't even find it on youtube, but then i realised what's the point? i feel nothing like my father

:(

(liked the drums, guitar, and overall effect quite a bit, mixed on the vocals)

The start of tornado season has me up and active earlier than expected, so here's a new submission!

Disinnocence: do like EXCITING RHYTHM SECTIONS? do you like NOT HEARING WHAT THE FUCK THE SINGER IS SAYING MOST OF THE TIME? well, ADJY is the band for you. I fucking love these guys so much. their music is so fun, vibrant, and exciting. it's wonderful.

"Vibrant, fun, and exciting" is how I would describe this song. It also satisfied my craving for drumsticks! 

multiquoting... after dark

On 1/17/2017 at 0:29 PM, Knight Falchion said:

Balcerzak

getting into power metal is something i am very bad at

On 1/18/2017 at 2:32 PM, Knight Falchion said:

Knight Falchion

yo i heard the nirvana cover on this album (better than the original, i will not be taking @'s at this time) then completely forgot about the album (messy!). find his voice and whole "outsider" thing here kind of appealing, will get around to it 

On 1/19/2017 at 10:01 PM, Knight Falchion said:

sadboi: i wanted to submit one of my signature weird fringe japanese band songs and i couldn't even find it on youtube, but then i realised what's the point? i feel nothing like my father

:(

(liked the drums, guitar, and overall effect quite a bit, mixed on the vocals)

mmm this album title can get it. musically i feel everything like knight falchion. emotionally i feel everything like "signature weird fringe japanese band songs"

On 1/20/2017 at 9:03 PM, Knight Falchion said:

Dijon Mustard

just picked a sade song at random. probly my favourite female voice, didn't ask for yours btw

9 hours ago, Knight Falchion said:

Disinnocence

we've gone a few posts itt without memes being dragged into things against everyone's will, so: this song is like that meme where spongebob and patrick are having fun outside and i'm squidward peering thru the blinds, in the dark, alone. uh-oh feeling sadboi's emo singer all of a sudden

Balcerzak: While many (most?) of Blutengel's songs feature mixed male and female vocals, I've always been especially particular to this one, which was my introduction to the group, and afaik lacks female presence entirely.

I liked some aspects of it but suffice to say my overall feelings towards the song have been put in a blender

On 22/1/2017 at 3:42 AM, Dijon Mustard said:

mmm this album title can get it. musically i feel everything like knight falchion. emotionally i feel everything like "signature weird fringe japanese band songs"

i just have an unhealthy amount and they're never on youtube. it fucks my shit up

fuccboi:  and i just keep fucking up all the time

Idk, this is pretty great. I'm not sure how to characterize what I like about it; I find the tone of the song really striking and appealing, and everything works together to create that tone, so I guess I like all of it? Yeah, let's go with that.

that whole YouTube Red thing (note: RedTube is innocent in all this, as always) led to a lot of japanese music being wiped off youtube for most viewers and it's all youtube's fault (cc: YouTube, LLC). or maybe your music was too signature weird fringe to be on there in the first place

On 1/22/2017 at 4:32 PM, Knight Falchion said:

Balcerzak

gonna get in tune with balcerzak-core one of these days i just know it

On 1/23/2017 at 5:46 PM, Knight Falchion said:

knight falchion

the best thing from that run of ubiquitous 90's hits they had imo. juuuust the right amount of yodeling

6 hours ago, Knight Falchion said:

fuccboi

fun personal anecdote --> their canción animal was my first argy album i think <-- fun personal anecdote

i was having an ok time but then a vevo pop-up was like hey bijch if you like this you should watch kings of leon and i got all :(

it's ok

I return from a weekish-long binge of jojo

Sam Rudich: definitely up there with my favorite album titles, but I like the raw emotion displayed here.  can see people not being too hot on the vocals, but I don't know, I find them kinda endearing. 

Hang On To Your Love: oh yeah I forgot I liked sade maybe I should listen to her more

Bloody Pleasures: more theatrical, vampire aesthetic is okay by me I suppose

Dreams: the cranberries are a band I kinda appreciate from a distance, but this song's alright 

Fucc: holy fuck do I love that guitar kinda buried under the rest of the mix, but the rest of the song is pretty good.

I was pretty disappointed when I couldn't see Adjy, because their van had broken down (apparently Foxing and them can't see to find any luck with vans) on the day I went to see them, so go check out their Bandcamp and listen to the rest (not a plug, I swear I'm innocent) for more words I'm sure aren't real words and eccentric music stylings.  I don't know; they're fun. 

21 hours ago, fuccboi said:

actual lyrics don't matter as much as tone, but translation is "She Used My Head Like a Revolver" so there you go

Perfection. 

Dijon Mustard: really feeling this cuz it's a meticulously crafted joke just like me

which is all that needs to be said about the song

Disinnocence: More so a three movement musical piece than one just one song, but that doesn't matter. Some of you may know them as VIET CONG, but they had to change their name for... some reason?

I like it, but I'm confused as to why it is an entire song and not split into those movements since I don't see the point or benefit of arranging them like this. Well, that's not entirely true; I do like the shift into the ambient droning part and like the effect that adds, so it's just the first three minutes or so that feels disconnected. Eh. also the vocals remind me of something/someone but i can't think of it

Edited by Knight Falchion

Dijon Mustard: if you say, "perhacs you will like this song" in a forest, and no one's around to hear it, are you still a bad person

If you play the song right after it, the pretty sounds should cancel out the bad pun

Balcerzak: Before being introduced to this song, I never knew how much I needed it. Cowboy themed metal? Thank you, come again. (I believe the band changed the spelling of their name after the first album to Dezperadoz.)

Honestly, I just couldn't get into the vocals and that plus my bias towards Cash's rendition killed it for me. 

i should act like a restaurant menu and put a little clipart pepper next to my takes, some people can't stand the heat

On 1/25/2017 at 5:46 PM, Knight Falchion said:

Perfection... Dijon Mustard

tend to agree

On 1/26/2017 at 5:32 PM, Knight Falchion said:

Knight Falchion

vintage p4k darlings like modest mouse just aren't doing it for me these days. some of their lyrics are nice tho

On 1/27/2017 at 6:22 PM, Knight Falchion said:

Disinnocence

glad i wasn't too preoccupied to listen to the whole thing (author's note i spent the entirety of the song's 3-hour runtime crafting that pun) 

wanted more of the dude's voice, less of the other stuff. respect the ambition tho?

On 1/28/2017 at 8:33 PM, Knight Falchion said:

Dijon Mustard

fans of freak-folky white women who probably herd sheep and just so happen to have made a cult classic album on the side should check out linda perhacs's parallelograms and then vashti bunyan's just another diamond day (she sounds like linda perhacs at a ren faire)

2 hours ago, Knight Falchion said:

Balcerzak

dude's voice jumps out at me like the singer from the band Fucked Up, just this next-level rasp that can't help but stand out in the mix. don't hate it. the idea of cowboy metal sounds good, this song sounds ok

On 1/29/2017 at 7:47 PM, Dijon Mustard said:

glad i wasn't too preoccupied to listen to the whole thing (author's note i spent the entirety of the song's 3-hour runtime crafting that pun)

your 3 hours definitely have not gone to waste, rest assured. 

Pandora's Box: santa claus is real.  i liked the song, but it kinda dragged on for some reason idk I just felt kinda bored listening past the 3 minute mark.  love the chorus though. 

Cowboy Dan: another band in which i controversially like their later works, but I can say that this is alright.  I tend to like the harsher moments more

Chimachun Rain: I feel like I'd be playing this song while walking in a forest, so that's the only place i could use the pun.  I enjoy this quite a bit though, and I like how the song gets kinda sinister sounding during the middle or something. 

(Ghost) Riders In The Sky: goddammit of course there's a fucking banjo.  i feel the dude should have committed more to the screams and the instrumental doesn't hit me as hard as I think it should have too, but it's pretty decent.  maybe their other stuff goes HARDER. 

Fucc 2.0: I feel i've seen this album cover before but then again that could mean anything.  I really like her voice and the guitar is really good.  it sounds somber and fun at the same time and I really like that.  what's there for further listening

I will say that when I first heard Memory, it was kinda jarring because of it's slightly disconnected nature of it, but I've come to love the way it flows.  I don't know, but if you liked it, you guys might like some of the other songs off of this album, even though some of it feels kinda incomplete, especially the two 1 minute tracks right in the middle that could have been full songs, but weren't.  It's sad.  All the full length tracks are really good though.  If you're down for some noisey, post-punk aesthetic, Preoccupations fills that void.  

Edited by Disinnocence

Definitely recommend the whole EP (ワールドイズユアーズ or World Is Yours in english i think?), its on youtube in its entirety and pretty short. They're all really excellent tracks, I had a hard time picking one. (description edit: i'd say electrifying and pretty with a punk attitude but i feel like that's what i say about like half the japanese bands i like). You might know it cause it's at least moderately successful (like Midori) and might have been blessed by youtubes recommendation algorithm?

Edited by fuccboi

Belated thoughts on  このスピードの先へ: Agreed with Dijon Mustard's assessment. I'll definitely be checking out the rest of that EP.

Edit: I did. It was pretty damn great, so thanks for that!

but why do you want him to come back, patsy? i'm confused

Edited by Knight Falchion