The Anarchist of Music Thread: Still hungers for new submissions!

Normally, I don't like the super-squeaky Japanese pop voice. It somehow works with this track, mostly because the rest of the music is pretty hard compared to her singing.

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(I don't know the other submission we missed but Gui missed his cutoff so I'm just going to belatedly post what's next)

KNIGHT FALCHION

I found out about this song through this animation and it really grew on me. Her voice took some getting used to but everything else was so fun that I had to listen again and again. The animation is also good, so added bonus

pray for our boi parrhesia because the balance has been upset.

DETONATOR: not what i was expecting when the first 15 seconds started playing, but it's pretty good, my dude.

Monkey Rag: i thought i was going to hate this based on how happy sounding it was, but i was pleasantly surprised on how much i did enjoy it. if this doesn't at least get your foot tapping then idk.

Throat I: what the fuck this shit's absolutely batshit insane and i love it. sounds like some music you'd play for a friend(s) and insult them about "not getting it" when they start complaining. wonderful.

Disinnocence: i was super excited for this release back when this single came out in 2015, but i only discovered about a week ago that the full album came out back in january. a mistake on my part, but better late than never.

welcome back to the personal disinnocence music listening club, where i listen to music and post my thoughts, which are then launched into the void, never to be heard again. let's get on with the show.

I don't blame you: i was gonna make some gay pun with the title but let's get right down to it no one wants that. it's a pretty nice song. not much to say about it other than that.

The Landlord Is Dead: doesn't this band feature some of the dudes over at gy!be? either way, i really like this shit. the horns and stuff really elevate the music man, and of course the CRESCENDO boys is pretty nice.

The Black Queen, featuring ya boi Greg Puciato from the now disbanded... band Dillinger Escape Plan, is definitely for those who enjoy some good 80's synthwave throwback and Pretty Hate Machine, so check out the rest of the record if you can vibe with that.

i'm not sure if this thread is dying out or it's just that everyone is busy with christmas stuff.

Edited by Disinnocence

the update schedule was disrupted a ton largely due to me letting a lot of things slip this month, activity will resume when I get a grip on this consistently

Debut of Eleanor Hume.

I'm starting to contemplate the possibility that this thread's race is run. I'm handing over the reins for the new year - does anyone else want to take it over?

i, uh, died. won't make that mistake again, live and learn

balcerzak

kinda washed over me. haven't had much luck with japanese metal on the whole tbh. tends to sound... over-polished?

KNIGHT FALCHION

dunno what to make of the song but fun vid next stop hollywood usa

CHEN LOVES MUSIC

noise music in general is relaxing to me, just a nice big ol' wall of sound, ahhhh. not sure how to describe this song (like if Ornette Coleman joined The Jesus Lizard? like if The Jesus Lizard joined Naked City?). will check out the album at some point, or will forget to

fffffffffffffffff

know this band (post-rock influenced by gy!be and tortoise, wow whodathunk) but not this album. listened to two or three of their subsequent ones but don't remember them vividly enough to proffer #takes. guess i'll listen to this one too, or i'll forget to

Disinnocence

vid had me thinking this was gonna turn into some nordic metal or something wait is that greg from dillinger [googles] holy shit called it. you could tell he always wanted to do some electronic stuff tbh. didn't really get into this but glad i heard it?

Ping

better than the non-mariah carey xmas songs i heard in the mall on dec 24 (sloppy!). why can't they play punk while i do capitalism

Eleanor Hume

*extremely posting on jrpg forum for extended period of time voice* can't say i relate, fun song tho, listened twice

Knight Falchion

their debut album is v good (i think this song was on it? cuz i've heard it). one of the few bands the local alt-rock station would play that i liked

Balcerzak

skeptical for a while but when things picked up i got into it

DiSiNnOcEnCe is my last Anarchist to post: "one of my favorite bands of all time. took me this long to post them, but since i've been working on 2016 albums i haven't listened to, i've finally listened to this collab they did with julie christmas (timely), and it's probably one of the best metal releases this year. i'd say this is the best introduction to the album, but it has a fairly small performance from julie. you can guess what you're in for. "

And with that I'm handing over the thread - one slip just kinda snowballed into all-round inconsistency and that is not a good trait in a thread updater. I'm happy to continue to maintain the OP, though. So, with that; Happy new year!

I liked it despite being kinda iffy on the vocals, so that's good

Question about taking over the updating- how do I access what's on the spreadsheet? I can see where to submit but that's it

Edited by Knight Falchion

Oh hey I get to be the final song. That's pretty cool.

Anyway, thanks for the cool tunes n' shit. I've discovered quite a few new bands that I've really enjoyed. Hopefully we can keep this going longer with the transition. Love you all~ <3

Merry Christmas: a little late for the christmas stuff, but hey it's the holiday season somewhat. the ramones are a band i appreciate from a distance kind of. i like them, but i don't really get heavy into anything by them.

Turning Japanese: this song is about the aftermath of hiroshima and nagasaki where japan is getting it's revenge by turning our impressionable american youth into weeaboos so they can raise an army from the inside and finally get us back. the bastards... okay that's probably not the meaning, but it could be. this song's a classic and i don't really have anything to say about it.

Ugly: finally a song about me hahahahaha self deprecation is funny. anyway i like the messiness of this song and it's just long enough to not feel like it runs too short.

True Love: i liked the really theatrical atmosphere and the piano was pretty nice idk i like it. okay the ending started playing and fuck that shits fire.

Cult of Luna has managed to be one of those very few elite bands who have really put out no bad music (save for their debut, which is far from bad, it's just not really as great as the rest of their records). Mariner honestly sounds like it could be the soundtrack of a space film, so if you're down for that, check it out. Julie Christmas contributes more vocal performances on the second, third, and last track if you enjoyed the more minimal input on this track, but you wanted her to do lead vocals. Plus this has Approaching Transition which is probably one of CoL's best tracks to date FUCK it's good. I'm also going to give the absolute highest recommendation to their previous album (and accompanying EP), Vertikal (I, II). Heavily inspired by the film Metropolis, this one has a more brooding, harsh, and mechanical atmosphere, but let me say this: not only is this what I believe to be their greatest work, but it's also one of the greatest albums of all time. Everything just comes together one this one for a transcendent aural experience. This album also has Vicarious Redemption, which as you might know, is my favorite song. Like ever. It's punishing, ethereal, brooding, looming, atmospheric FUCK you don't need me to describe it anymore. Just listen to it. Anyway, next, Eternal Kingdom is the one other album that some fans consider a slight misstep, and whether that's true remains to be seen, it's still a fantastic album that features some of their best tracks. Somewhere Along the Highway and Salvation are fan favorites, and are considered the high points of their career. Salvation in particular is considered a modern classic among the post-metal/sludge genre, so give both of those records a listen too. I'd go more into them but I don't think I need to explain why at this point. The Beyond is also perfectly fine too. I don't want to sound dismissive of it, because it's still good, but I just feel out of all the ones listed, it's the weakest. It's great from a standalone perspective, I guess. I just like Cult of Luna.

Edited by Disinnocence

three more songs left in the queue, might as well

we forgot this submission by kurose oops

since there aren't more songs left in the queue anyone who's up for it is more than welcome to making a new one. if you wanna pm me to get the spreadsheet and the google form feel free to, too

sorry for letting it die, thanks for the tunes ;') <3

Edited by fuccboi