The Anarchist of Music Thread: Still hungers for new submissions!

their album's been in my backlog, neglected, chilling. this song is compatible with my current lifestyle, which is listening to a lot of Sade and saying, "that woman can sang" when asked what i'm listening to. the dream pop sound makes the song and makes them interesting

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay now it's my turn

ed kuepper's best-named song is undoubtedly 'also sprach the king of eurodisco' but i'm not a massive fan of it, unlike this, which is far more #aesthetic

christ, he's 61 now?!

The sirens in the beginning went on a few seconds too long, but his voice and most of the instrumentals are nice (piano as always gets bias points from me). The synth lines I'm more mixed on. Overall positive impressions though

It's an aesthetic-sirenless Dijon Mustard today, who brings to us a message I will summarise as; 'fuck the Clash'. I don't even remember the Clash covering this song but I'm fond of this version!

fittingly enough the most related video youtube claims is 'the top 106 quotes from the Wire' which, i mean...

Edited by Parrhesia

@dijon mustard

not my aesthetic tbh

@parrhesia

almost my aesthetic

@moira

it was alright, but didn't particularly stand out to me

@fuccboi

excellent song, handsome submitter, all around 10/10

@integrity

didn't really care for this one

@enigmar

let's never speak of this again

@esme

enjoyed it, but forgot it was on halfway through

@ambling

this song pops out immediately. enjoyed this one pretty good

This is the first time I've heard the song so I have no preconceptions from the cover. I like this genre and the art is pretty cool, plus I think the vocals fit the song nicely. Dunno if I'd like the vocals for a whole album but I definitely enjoy them here

I went in with some apprehension since The Chainsmokers have historically been a miss for me, but this was a pleasant surprise. Didn't care for the purely instrumental passages all that much but everything else was nice, especially that last bridge

okay so i never did write anything on why you should listen to gy!be because i'm too busy this week/next week, and unless you really want me to, take my word for it, and listen to them anyway. i haven't let you down before, have i?

Metatron: a spacey, atmospheric, and moody aesthetic is the only thing that matters to me. pls i'm in love.

Native Land: rip (?) pink panther/lion/cheetah/etc. anyway, the music video was cool and i liked the "airy" atmosphere to the music.

All My Ideas Run To Crime: chances are that if you slap a saxophone in a song, i'll at least like it a little bit. this happens to be all true for this song. the instrumentation in this song was transcendent, aside from the odd synth in the chorus, which was fine i guess.

Police & Thieves: this genre tends to be a hit or miss for me, and this one just doesn't vibe with me as much as some of the others i've heard.

New York City: normally the bass drop instrumental sections (or whatever) in popular music make me want to die, but i'll make an exception for this one, because the song is actually pretty good.

All I Want: unfortunately, i can't really get into this song, but i will say that the bridge was pretty cool.

Edited by Disinnocence

Ambling Falchion's plumped for 1/3 of an earlier posted supergroup (which is 100% kosher); 'Since I didn't want to think too much about what I wanted to share next, I went for a repeat artist. Veirs adapted the lyrics from an Arthur Rimbaud poem of the same name and put them to a hauntingly beautiful melody and supporting instrumentation. Honestly one of my favorites, which is why I shared it over a song from one of her other albums. weak justification is weak'

don't call it a comeback

shadowess

bieber went dance and now the whole billboard hot 100 is going dance too, huh. hard to hate music this utilitarian but it doesn't really have any aesthetic ambitions. kinda whooshes by

Jin

(speaking of popular dance artists...) (and things that whoosh by me...) at least this performance was unexpected. wouldn't go full meanie and call her voice "affected," so i'll say this has major reality-singing-competition vibes. it's a cover that really feels like a cover

Ambling Falchion

hey as far as songs without neko case go this was p alright, for me, personally. the whisperier the better for her, for me, personally

'Philodendron means "love tree". Want to know what I love? Music, of course! (And also Parrhesia.)'
I love you too, s m e e e e e e e e e e.

i did not make a very good assignment today, i suspect, so this song made me feel better

Disinnocence: "i don't think this song will be moving any mountains in the near future, but it's still pretty good so that's all that matters. "

Swing Set: didn't leave a deep impression, but I remember enjoying it

Tukki Bukki: left a deeper impression that I'm struggling to define; I guess I liked how soft and generally pleasant all of the elements felt

My comment is that we're running dangerously low on backlog!

i will never run out of songs to submit, i threatened thinly-veiledly [right-clicks "veiledly"] [left-clicks "Add to dictionary"]

Duke Piston Forever

celtic... prog! now that was unexpected. didn't feel strongly about this tho it did have a nice momentum to it. they're prolly fun live

s m e e e e e e e e e e

hey i know who mort garson is. the zodiac and wozard of iz are in my backlog, unloved, unlistened to (i do so love to brag about albums i've only heard of smh). this song has me thinking he started off as a classical fellow then hopped on the moog train; i like it! early beep boop stuff is interesting to me and i should explore it beyond just Klaus Schulze & Friends

Disinnocence

ok so this feels like an experimentation-friendly emo thing but also a totally commercial soft/pop-rock thing (like i could hear it as the backdrop for a just-got-voted-off montage in a reality show? or a post-breakup scene in a romcom? idek). this might be the one thing my The Fray-listening cousin and i could agree on, is where i'm going with this

Excellen

ooh this is good, but you knew that already