The Anarchist of Music Thread: Still hungers for new submissions!

@Midnight Oil: grew up with Diesel and Dust so they'll always have a place in my heart

@resubmitting Vicar artists as Anarchy artists: I'm all for it, especially since there's a number of new people listening this time around(at least, as far as I can tell). besides, it describes my thought process when i submitted the case/lang/veirs song

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since not every person in this thread has gone to and/or listened to everything in the previous thread, I'd say it okay as long as (obviously) we don't submit the same song again, and maybe try to submit songs that differ from the one posted by choosing from a different album or one with a different style. I'd say I'm cool with it. It'll give me another chance to post O'Brother.

As for the song, I thought it was cool. I literally only know the one popular song these guys had, so maybe I should give a listen to their other stuff. Who knows?

vicar and anarchist are separate projects and should be treated as such including finally separating the playlists you lazy fuck

EDIT: also i think resubbmitting artists should be totally gucci after a Reasonable Unspecific Amount of Time, particularly since a lot of artists are markedly not the same from album to album. if i submit some of jewel's old, really weird work, it shouldn't necessarily preclude anyone, ever from submitting one of her folksey songs from her later years before she went country, ya dig

Edited by Integrity

cool, anyway Enigmar's song starts roughly at 2.20 (2.03 preserves some of the buildup)

submitted with comment, that comment being; 'gaga'

inarguably true, enigmar

inarguably true

Specta

i know i introduced you to this masterpiece but i feel obligated to comment anyway - goddamn

my song

today i found out midnight oil actually had a reunion this year and are back to making music what the fuck

a workhorse song, neither great nor poor, sounds like something that would end up on a saints row radio station

Enigmar

i don't know if i've ever actually listened to this song in full. it was better than i expected, not like high art or anything but better than expected

a group unironically including p diddy that is unironically good

still can't believe this tbh. the song is from the album last train to paris, which is one of my absolute favourite albums, and i can't think of a single other diddy daddy doody thing i can tolerate

(if you're not familiar with him... just know that he has a song called "i'll be missing you," which he tried to pass off as a heartfelt tribute to his dead best friend, biggie smalls, even tho the melody is borrowed from The Police and his lyrics are fucking ghostwritten. i almost admire how shameless he is. someone made the joke to me that all his "sad" songs are officially sponsored by kleenex lmao)

i'm just gonna start posting around this time whenever parrhesia doesn't, and is off snorting coke off a quokka's asshole or whatever it is his people do

it's the national pastime

Excellen presents this song without comment, so I'll present it with the following; :eyes: :ok-hand#skin-tone-3: :100:

I love accordions and I actually have a friend who plays the accordion and its the best thing ever

Long live the chief, anonymously submitted by Integrity. Also the guy's profile picture was someone's avatar I know it

also A++ colour splashes

Edited by Parrhesia

i posted, time to catch up

dijon mustard

this song entirely washed over me and left very little impression

Ambling Falchion

A Pretty Good Song, started out very strong and i don't think it lived up to what i wanted it to be, but i'm not sure what that actually is and i still enjoyed it quite a bit. it also weirdly ended right when i was like "i wonder how long this song goes for"

Excellen

not my speed