The Anarchist of Music Thread: Still hungers for new submissions!

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dijon Mustard

not only was it flawed, but i didn't like it. AND it was bad

actually i'm in a similar boat to esme, the instrumentation was quite enjoyable but i didn't like the vocals. the climax (more like a plateau tbh) salvaged it into a pretty good song overall though, nothing i'd turn off the radio because of

I liked the instrumentation and vocals as well as the crescendo to the climax, though I'll admit it didn't grip me the whole way through

Good enough to get me interested in their other offerings

Breizh Positive: kind of sounds like a instrumental interlude in some sort of 20+ minute prog-rock suite, which by the by, is something i enjoy immensely, so two thumbs up for this one.

orange pekoe (?): seems like it would fit well into the persona 4 soundtrack, even though i tend to say that about almost every song that's vaguely reminiscent of it, but hey, it's a compliment right? i enjoyed this one a fair deal too, just so you know.

The Hurting: tears for fears is something i enjoy and this song is no exception.

She Sends Kisses: as much as i liked this song + vocals, i feel this song could've done with a more... bombastic crescendo and maybe some screamed vocals, but that's just me. otherwise a very good song with an atmosphere that makes me want to check out the rest of the record.

Edited by Disinnocence

good news is we have a song today

bad news is parrhesia has been abducted by fetishist aliens looking for australian hunks with hard bods (their words, not mine) so he'll be relegating anarchist duties (hmmmmm........) to me this evening until he's done servicing greenmen

today's song is ambling falchion by the beegees

hit play, went and made some guggenheim shit in ms paint, and forgot this was a live performance till the clapping at the end. so the vocals were on point. marissa nadler album/song recs now if you please. gimme or i'll listen to the saturday night fever soundtrack instead

australian hunks with hard bods...servicing greenmen

[spoiler=word?]ZYvxqKl.png

For those wanting more, I recommend all of July and/or all of Strangers, but particularly Drive, Firecrackers, and We Are Coming Back off the former and Skycraper, All the Colors of the Dark, and Strangers off the latter. The two albums do have a similar aesthetic but they're her most polished and probably best.

i liked it

it was really nice and pretty

the song and vocals were really nice

the singer has a really nice voice

i said nice 3 times in that post i say nice too much

Edited by unique

this is one of the few times i've listened to the anarchist song more than once or twice

i guess that means it's really good i should probably look into this artist more

definitely look into blue stone

especially their albums "worlds apart" (which has event horizon) and "messages" imo, those are their absolute best

this is one of the few times i've listened to the anarchist song more than once or twice

i guess that means it's really good i should probably look into this artist more

if you're actually curious the entirety of worlds apart is very much like this song - most of it a bit more ethereal than this, but some a little poppier. worlds apart and dreamcatcher have similar vibes to this off that album, and i'm a huge fan of far away.

the following album, messages, is also a very good listen, with a much ...stronger sound than worlds apart. the preceding album, breathe, is a strange experimental album (their debut) that you'll definitely dig if you like the more ethereal/ambient sounds from this. EDIT: a great song to look up from breathe is i am, it's more indicative of breathe, which is way more ambient and much stronger instrumental focused

none of the rest of project blue stone is worth pursuing, imo.

It has a refreshing vibe that I dig quite deeply, and I am fond of whispered snippets of words/lyrics in my music so that was a nice bonus

i strongly recommend you check out far away by the same, then, and perhaps voleti and labyrinth of dreams

Edited by Integrity

Divers In The Dark: chelsea wofle aesthetic i'll admit i have a crush on marissa nadler; not that it has any sort of bearing on the music itself though. i still need to check out strangers, so this being posted here will force me to do that because i liked this song very much. hopefully there's more from this set on youtube too (i imagine so), because it sounded wonderful and i always love a good live performance.

Event Horizon: i thought the poppy sections divided by the more sinister sounding sections was pretty cool. might give some other songs a listen sometime.

Edited by Disinnocence

i return from the events of the past two days... repeating to myself, all that's keeping me going, the reminder that what doesn't kill me makes me stronger, what doesn't kill me makes me stronger, what doesn't kill me makes me stronger, what d

Hello and welcome back to the Anarchist of Music thread! This is Shadowess' offering and sounds strangely very Eurovision. Comments: "LE can rap like hell."

The next offering is not the next on the list because that was submitted anonymously, but I'm already batting my eyelids at the actual next offering's comments...