The Anarchist of Music Thread: Still hungers for new submissions!

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ambling Falchion

reminds me a lot of the carpenters fsr except i like the sound a little less, like a b-version of the carpenters

that's not a bad thing though

the longer the song went on the more i liked it overall, i think my original statement really summed it up

Eclipse

this song would have been pretty great condensed into about four minutes tops, but i'm not an armin van buuren fan to begin with so

fuccboi's

you said once that our tastes were almost as polar as they could get gui and yeah you're right, there just wasn't anything about this that grabbed me

my

it was pretty alright, nothing special but i listened to the end and i didn't dislike it

dijon mustard:

i kept waiting for this to do something and then kind of gave up after about three minutes

Shadowess'

not seventeen's best, just an okay song, but i always appreciate s.coups being the cutest muffin

EXCELLEN

this song did absolutely nothing for me

disinnocence

i feel like this is exactly the kind of song i tend to bitch about itt but at the same time i liked it for some reason. i really feel like it could have been shorter than ten minutes but it didn't ever feel like it was stagnating for very long. i wouldn't ever jam to this but at the same time i feel like this is the kind of music i could be in just the right mood for

plus it started to do Things to me at about eight minutes

i mean like that's exactly it this is the kind of song i say something like "i gave up after two or three minutes" except for some reason i didn't and the song has ended

esme's

this song reminds me heavily of somebody in my library and i'm not sure who

good stuff, not ball-gripping stuff but good listenable music

actually esme

this song is about a step off of me actually liking it but just misses the mark

enigmar

i unironically like this song tbh but my immortal is better

also this song produces actually good memes which seems like a contradictory statement but man life is weird

the first five minute of my song is buildup so don't be concerned if you were.

why am i no longer the music poster, will i have to start actually critiquing songs soon??

i mean, this is the "anarchist of music" thread, so maybe that's why?

The Shivers: pretty decent. i really liked the combination of electronic noises and pretty piano stuff. might check out the rest of the record tbh.

Sparks: reminds me of some of portishead's works but with less... portishead. i dig this a fair amount.

CAN'T WAKE UP: it's been a while since i've heard the actual version of this song and not the fucking kidz bop version. it's a good song made godly by the meme. the music video triggers me with the interruptions though.

Us: i liked the beginning section of this song quite a lot, but it sort of lost me with the chorus. still really good though.

yeah yeah i'll do a long write-up on gy!be and why you should listen to them later because i don't have the time to right now. <3

this feels like it's a late posting but i'm pretty sure it's not, maths is hard, anyway; fuccboi, who likes this song and hasn't heard it mentioned in a while and technically submitted as fuckoibabhbhbhibhl and hell, me too

i was told that its probably easier to just do five songs but i didn't math and realized whoops i basically missed a week of postings

EXCELLEN

not really my jam, seems kinda spazzy and random, sorry :c

disinnocence

holy shit is this long, but boy do i really dig the beat pickup

i accidentally did something so the quote got messed up but Ambling Falchion - damn do I love this, the voice is really good and its an amazing beat overall, i just really love it

actually esme

nice voice, seems like a mellow song but i enjoyed it

enigmar

swear i've heard that song before and not bc of the meme. i quite like it, but not the meme lmao

next up is integrity who submitted under his real name for once

it's an okay song by itself i guess. nothing really stands out for me

fuccboi

the mv has some nice aesthetics i think, and the song itself is fine too, altho i thought it was kinda dull in the beginning

i accidentally did something so the quote got messed up but Ambling Falchion - damn do I love this, the voice is really good and its an amazing beat overall, i just really love it

Though the rest of their album didn't always do it for me, it might be worth your time to check it out on their bandcamp.

Finally, it's me again! GETTING TOO HYPE AND ALMOST SKIPPING MOIRA.

Which was submitted without comment. Good thing I fucked up to give me something to talk about!

Edited by Parrhesia

Initial impressions: very lavish sound, would probably play it if I brought speakers out on the water. Vocals were nice but not outstanding to me, which is fine since the instrumentation felt more important here

I'll probably listen to it again when I am not pushing the boundaries of wakefulness and may add thoughts

Finally, it's me again! GETTING TOO HYPE AND ALMOST SKIPPING MOIRA.

Which was submitted without comment. Good thing I fucked up to give me something to talk about!

my only comment is that the pink lion thing took being stabbed way too well