Favorite Lord.

Fore

WUT.  

107 members have voted

1. 1. LORD TIME.

• Eliwood
    • Lyn
    • Hector

I doubt this. I'm pretty sure that your Hector was the one being skill-screwed.

My Eliwood had 10 skill after promotion. He wasn't hitting a lot, but he could at least do it. Hector always has low speed and skill. Eliwood was the only one who could do anything to the fire dragon (of the lords)

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a few levels, Eliwood becomes one of the most durable characters, with his über fast Hector support and Lowen for offense. Hector is a good tank, but he's literally hindering everyone at capping his level. Besides, early-game has really good characters like Marcus, Lowen, Dorcas, Oswin, Matthew, and Guy. Actually, probably one of the best early-game teams.

Eliwood > Hector > Lyn for sure, but there's something I want to say to this.

When Hector caps his level, he will constantly sit back and do nothing, which means he also won't be near Eliwood as much, giving him bonuses only ~60% of the time, I'd say. So he's better off with A Lowen/B Hector instead of the other way around. Just saying.

Eliwood's durability is terrible. Have you played HHM? Even if he's doing relatively good, he'll get doubled by average swordies, which means he is near death, and doubling nobody besides. He's not a good unit. Hector is impossible to kill if you play him in a way that isn't retarded, and he starts out with 5 movement, so saying he hinders people before promotion is a total nonstarter.

And for God's sake, fuck personal experience. Wanna not talk about the stuff and cherish the memory of a 20/20 all capped Nino or something? Fine. Nino's cool, that's cool. But on the off chance you care to talk about this stuff in this way, you really, really have to look at this stuff unbiased.

Edited by Mac

Eliwood > Hector > Lyn for sure, but there's something I want to say to this.

When Hector caps his level, he will constantly sit back and do nothing, which means he also won't be near Eliwood as much, giving him bonuses only ~60% of the time, I'd say. So he's better off with A Lowen/B Hector instead of the other way around. Just saying.

I'm not sure, since Hector is usually running to the Gate/Throne, so Eliwood can still get his bonuses. ^_^

Eliwood's durability is terrible. Have you played HHM? Even if he's doing relatively good, he'll get doubled by average swordies, which means he is near death, and doubling nobody besides. He's not a good unit. Hector is impossible to kill if you play him in a way that isn't retarded, and he starts out with 5 movement, so saying he hinders people before promotion is a total nonstarter.

And for God's sake, fuck personal experience. Wanna not talk about the stuff and cherish the memory of a 20/20 all capped Nino or something? Fine. Nino's cool, that's cool. But on the off chance you care to talk about this stuff in this way, you really, really have to look at this stuff unbiased.

I play only HHM, and his durability is good. Eliwood is like, three-rounded by Myrmidons and four-rounded by Mercenaries, both fairly uncommon enemies. Eliwood doesn't start good, but he quickly improves within about three or four levels. Hector's use deteriorates as he levels, becuase of the losses in the EXP rank.

Just so I got it straight, you're saying Eliwood is better than Hector? I have heard that claim approximately nowhere before, but whatever.

Eliwood has a base speed lead on Hector of 2, and a 5% speed growth advantage. Scary shit right thur, mirite?

He's not durable. He can't frontline, because his defense and hp suck, he doesn't have good enough speed to compensate, and his strength sucks anyways so why would you want to. What's left for him to do, cleanup? Fuck that.

In HHM join time terms and positioning terms in the chapter they meet each other, Hector just beast the crap out of him. That much is obvious, right?

Hector has the defense and strength to frontline, and I'd love to see you deny that.

Edited by Mac

He's not durable.

Awesome AVO + DEF supports plus pretty good AVO and DEF/RES/HP already actually makes him one of the most durable characters you have at your disposal.

Seriously, from the start of, say, The Dreaded Isle, Eliwood will be one of your best characters, while Hector will cap his level a few chapters later and then won't do anything for ~10 chapters because otherwise you screw up your EXP rank.

Just so I got it straight, you're saying Eliwood is better than Hector? I have heard that claim approximately nowhere before, but whatever.

Eliwood has a base speed lead on Hector of 2, and a 5% speed growth advantage. Scary shit right thur, mirite?

He's not durable. He can't frontline, because his defense and hp suck, he doesn't have good enough speed to compensate, and his strength sucks anyways so why would you want to. What's left for him to do, cleanup? Fuck that.

In HHM join time terms and positioning terms in the chapter they meet each other, Hector just beast the crap out of him. That much is obvious, right?

Hector has the defense and strength to frontline, and I'd love to see you deny that.

Then you must not know Tino and I. XD

Actually, yes. Most early-game enemies are Brigands, which Eliwood can double by level 3; Hector around level 6.

Eliwood gains durability very quickly, becoming a front-liner within a few chapters. Also, the Rapier is useful against all the Social Knights in Chapter 14. ;)

For only a few chapters, then Eliwood destroys Hector with superior supports and a reasonable promotion time.

I'm not denying that. I'm saying Eliwood catches up and beats Hector fairly quickly.

Who cares if he can double a brigand and not kill him, leaving somebody better to get the experience. The Laus chapters, which come pretty fast, curb stomp him ridiculously hard even with abuse. Even with rapier, which he won't be doubling with, the social knights stand a good chance of hitting him (read: wrecking him), which Hector doesn't care about because of his defense, hp, et cetera. Bad weapon type, bad durability before promotion, mediocre (read:bad) stats do not add up to being better than Hector.

Supports don't make a unit. Eliwood, if he's lucky, might one day match unpromoted Hector's incredible strength and defense. Doesn't make him more useful when the game is actually hard.

Who cares if he can double a brigand and not kill him, leaving somebody better to get the experience. The Laus chapters, which come pretty fast, curb stomp him ridiculously hard even with abuse. Even with rapier, which he won't be doubling with, the social knights stand a good chance of hitting him (read: wrecking him), which Hector doesn't care about because of his defense, hp, et cetera. Bad weapon type, bad durability before promotion, mediocre (read:bad) stats do not add up to being better than Hector.

Supports don't make a unit. Eliwood, if he's lucky, might one day match unpromoted Hector's incredible strength and defense. Doesn't make him more useful when the game is actually hard.

Eliwood is about two-rounding Brigands and Cavaliers at level 3-5 and is three-rounded. He's doing pretty well once Laus comes. Hector is indeed better early-game, but he becomes completely useless once he rams level 20 (Which occurs pretty fast). Eliwood is then dominating for mid to late-games.

Eliwood gets +4 Defense, +3 Attack, and a bit of Avoid with optimal supports. He's doing excellently. And no, HHM is not hard at all. ;)

Eh, they're all about equal. All the lords are extremely strong and they're so different they have their unique usefullnesses.

If I had to choose.....Hector. He's the only axe user I like using.

I guess Lyn isn't a Lord, since she's pretty bad and has very little use. ;)

Eliwood and Hector are awesome though, since they actually have good offense and defense. ^_^

Eliwood and Hector are awesome though, since they actually have good offense and defense. ^_^

I don't see how you can say she has very little use with all the axe users in this game. She may not have extreme power, but she gets the job done.

*sigh*

High strength/defense characters aren't everything, you know. Especially in FE7, where it's so easy to dodge. During the entire 30 chapters Lyn got actually hit about 10 times. That's fantastic. Also she has one the best swords in the game, the manni katti and a wild crit rate. She's a better myrmidon than Guy.

*sigh*

High strength/defense characters aren't everything, you know. Especially in FE7, where it's so easy to dodge. During the entire 30 chapters Lyn got actually hit about 10 times. That's fantastic. Also she has one the best swords in the game, the manni katti and a wild crit rate. She's a better myrmidon than Guy.

Lyn has no offense or defense at all. PEMN, you know what it means.

Guy is an actual Myrmidon and the best non-Matthew/Serra in the game. Epic early-game and massive offense with 8 base Strength and excellent supports. Lyn is in every meaning of the word, bad.

Lyn has no offense or defense at all. PEMN, you know what it means.

Guy is an actual Myrmidon and the best non-Matthew/Serra in the game. Epic early-game and massive offense with 8 base Strength and excellent supports. Lyn is in every meaning of the word, bad.

Then howd she make it in brawl? AND how does she always kick so much ass even against lance users?

With starting 25 HP and 4 Defense? :o

Well she does come at level 1 AND is the first unit you get. She does need SOME room to grow. At least she's no knoll (Level 10 with 2 defense and no luck = phail and hard to raise)

Well she does come at level 1 AND is the first unit you get. She does need SOME room to grow. At least she's no knoll (Level 10 with 2 defense and no luck = phail and hard to raise)

To be raised, Lyn needs the Mani Katti. After it breaks, Lyn is terrible.

To be raised, Lyn needs the Mani Katti. After it breaks, Lyn is terrible.

You kidding me? I never use that thing. I use regular swords so much I actually forget it's there