The Unofficial Fates Character Age Polls

Lightchao42

As you are probably aware, there have been plenty of threads questioning what the ages of Fates's cast are. This thread is kind of like that.

But how can we more easily compile what everyone thinks these elusive ages are? Fortunately, there is an answer! This thread contains a series of polls asking what you think everyone's age is, and these polls come in seven sensational flavors. If you're familiar with my pairing polls then this format should seem familiar, though this time Saizo and Flora are located with their twins in the shared poll:

Shared (Corrin, Azura, Felicia/Flora, Jakob, Kaze/Saizo, Silas, Mozu)

Hoshidan Bachelors (Ryoma, Takumi, Azama, Hinata, Subaki, Hayato, Kaden)

Hoshidan Bachelorettes (Hinoka, Sakura, Kagero, Setsuna, Oboro, Hana, Orochi, Rinkah)

Nohrian Bachelors (Xander, Leo, Laslow, Odin, Niles, Arthur, Benny, Keaton)

Nohrian Bachelorettes (Camilla, Elise, Peri, Selena, Beruka, Effie, Charlotte, Nyx)

Corrinsexuals (Shura, Gunter, Scarlet, Reina, Yukimura, Izana, Fuga, Anna)

Bonus Ducks (Lilith, Mikoto, Garon, Sumeragi, Arete)

To avoid an overwhelming number of polls, the children will get their own later. You don't have to, but you can post your thoughts and reasonings down below.

...And I'm done. I kept everyone in a general sort age frame, besides a few characters I thought looked or acted young for their age or old for their age.

I felt Xander was the oldest out of all the royal siblings. Azama, Orochi and Arthur are the oldest of all retainers. SOL act like they are teenagers but are in their early-to-mid twenties. Jakob is the oldest of the maid/butler trio. Kagero is the oldest of the ninja trio. Hayato is surprisingly legal; he suffers heavily from anime aging, more so than the rest of the cast, practically stopping the aging process. Nyx isn't as old as she makes herself out to be but she is older than she looks. Beruka is younger than she acts and Oboro is older than Takumi and Hinata.

I like attempting to figure out ages. It's fun for some reason.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

Eeehh I always think of the siblings something like that:

Xander and Ryoma - Near 25, Xander older than Ryoma, for the poll I choose 26 and 25 respectively

Camilla - 23

Hinoka- 21 or near 22

Corrin and Azura - Same age, around 20

Leo - 18

Takumi - 17 near 18

Sakura - 16

Elise - 15

Also I imagine the ninjas near to Ryoma's age, Orochi too.

Hinata older than Takumi, so, around 18 or 19, I choose 19 for the poll (since he wants Takumi as his "younger sibling" in the festival DLC)

Hana and Oboro near the same age probably, Idk... I don't think they have more than 17

Niles around Camilla's age, Charlotte too

Aaaaaand Kaden and Keaton in their 20 or a bit older...

That's how I headcanon ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Did my votes, and I'm pretty sure Kaden is older than he looks.

He's probably the army's oldest character. Even older than Gunter.

...And I'm done. I kept everyone in a general sort age frame, besides a few characters I thought looked or acted young for their age or old for their age.

I felt Xander was the oldest out of all the royal siblings. Azama, Orochi and Arthur are the oldest of all retainers. SOL act like they are teenagers but are in their twenties. Jakob is the oldest of the maid/butler trio. Kagero is the oldest of the ninja trio. Hayato is surprisingly legal; he suffers heavily from anime aging, practically stopping the aging process indefinably. Nyx isn't as old as she makes herself out to be but she is older than she looks. Beruka is younger than she acts and Oboro is older than Takumi and Hinata.

I like attempting to figure out ages. It's fun for some reason.

I also think that Beruka is actually really young.

My guess is that she's either 16 or 17.

Edited by Water Mage

Thank you for this. I laughed so hard. Probably because it could very well be true. I put that it was impossible to know his true age because kitsune might age different.

OMG, if he is actually older than Gunter old ass, I'm gonna die.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

I think Keaton might be even older, since he look to be older than Kaden in his human form(at least for me) and Ulfhdein might age in the same way the Kitsune does.

Mostly just went for the ages I felt fit best or fit my headcanons best. Some notes:

-The retainers on the Hoshido side tend to be closer in age to their lieges. The only exceptions are Tsubaki at 21 to Sakura's 16 and Azama at 30 to Hinoka's 21.

-Laslow is 19 to Odin and Selena's 20, and was born about a year and a half after Lucina.

-Arete and Mikoto are both younger than Garon and Sumeragi, but only by a couple years.

-Elise is the youngest character at 15, while Sakura, Hayato and Effie are all 16.

-Because they were Garon's first, fourth, ninth and fifteenth children respectively, the Nohr siblings' ages tend to have larger gaps than the Hoshido siblings'.

-Kaden is over 100 years old, since according to some myths foxes only become kitsune when they reach that age.

-Everyone suffers from Anime Aging Syndrome, and so almost none of them look their age.

Edited by AzureSen

As strange as it is, I can't help but feel that Elise actually is over 18. But really only cause of that one line Leo says in the near beginning of the game.

Perhaps he meant something different from how I'm interpreting it, but hey.

Also, I imagine Selena and Beruka both being around 20, with Selena older only by a month.

As strange as it is, I can't help but feel that Elise actually is over 18. But really only cause of that one line Leo says in the near beginning of the game.

The only thing Leon's line indicates is that Elise can be considered an adult in Nohrian society. That does not mean that the age at which Nohrians are considered adults is 18.

Edited by Sunwoo

The only thing Leon's line indicates is that Elise can be considered an adult in Nohrian society. That does not mean that the age at which Nohrians are considered adults is 18.

I've always thought it was 'adult' in terms of expected maturity and accountability, as opposed to bodily maturity. I mean shit, Bar and Bat Mitzvahs take place at the ages of 13 and 12 respectively

I've always thought it was 'adult' in terms of expected maturity and accountability, as opposed to bodily maturity. I mean shit, Bar and Bat Mitzvahs take place at the ages of 13 and 12 respectively

Well that could be it, too. My point was more that whatever Leon's line means, it doesn't mean that Elise is 18 just because most of us are used to 18 being the age of adulthood.

Xander: 30 - He seems grown up and very mature. I always saw him as someone in his early 30s.

Camilla: 27 - Since she acted as a mother to the Corrin when he was taken in by Nohr soo yeah.

Corrin: 17 - S/he could go for 18 or 19 but I'd like to think I'm as the same age as Corrin.

Azura: 18 - She seems 1 year older than Corrin.

Leo: 16 - Second youngest child in Nohr so he gotta be younger than Corrin (gave Takumi 16 too).

Elise/Sakura: 13 - They just look really young.

Ryoma 28 - younger than Xander but older than Camilla.

Hayato 15 - He just looks 15. I can't see him older or younger than that.

As for the rest, I'm not sure. I was confused a lil' bit.

Edited by BeMine96

Doesn't Kaze mention that he thought Charlotte wouldn't be interested in him because he might be too young? So perhaps the Ninja twins are barely past 20, Charlotte might be beyond mid twenties (maybe even close to Orochi in age?)

Unless Kaze was thinking that being older = money, in which case the twins could be the same age as Charlotte.

IIRC 13 is the age of consent in Japan and even if it doesn't mean adult, it's still something close and "technically an adult" should just be filed under translation issues.

Edited by CynicalSeven

That's my idea approximately (they're not in particular order)

812-14: Elise, Peri's brain

15-17: Sakura, Mozu, Hayato

18-19: Silas, Hana, Felicia, Flora

20-22: Hinoka, Leo, Takumi, Corrin, Azura, Oboro, Hinata, Selena, Laslow, Odin, Beruka

23-25: Camilla, Setsuna, Subaki, Kagero, Rinkah, Kaze, Saizo, Scarlet, Charlotte, Peri, Jakob, Effie (I know Elise's bff and whatever, I can't see her below 21 to be honest...)

26: Ryoma, Orochi, Benny

27: Xander, Niles

29-31: Arthur, Azama, Shura

40-50: Yukimura, Reina, Mikoto

50s: Sumeragi, Garon, Fuga, Gunter

70s: Nyx

and that's it, I can't really put Izana, maybe 25-26, but he gives me a really wise sage vibe, who knows. Also the beasts probably around 24, but they could be 100 for all we know.

Edited by jonson

Based on the era the games are roughly based off of, I chose the characters ages to be on the younger end of the spectrum for the most part.

Elise specifically can't be much older then 12. The words "act like the adult you technically are" specifically come to mind. Considering that, until recently ( within the last several centuries in fact) one was considered an adult by the age they were capable of producing offspring, and the era the games are roughly based on, Elise being any older would make little sense. We can also assume that it was worded in such a so that people don't freak out about Elise having a child so young, simply because it was stated she was, technically, an adult. Of course, they never actually said under what laws she was technically adult.

Sakura I put at 14, because she's younger then Takumi, and Takumi doesn't look much older then 15. And, other then Elise and Sakura, I always felt the Nohrian siblings were older then their Hoshidan counterparts, so I put Leo at 16. Hinoka always seemed to be about 19 or 20 to me, and I put 20, and Camilla seems a good deal more mature and older then Hinoka, so I put her at 23. I put Ryoma at 24, and Xander at 27, as Xander seems a fair amount older then all the others. I put Corrin at 17, because we're going off his default appearence, and Azura at 18. Corrin's older appearence looks like he's 19, which was another reason I put Hinoka at 20, so that she was still older then him, no matter what appearance you use.

Nyx is the most confusing of all of them. She repeatedly tells us she's much much older then she looks, but she looks like she's 12. I decided that, if she's going to be the 'really old, but looks really young' character, I was going to assume she was ancient, and put down that she's much older then any of the listed ages. After all, for all we know, the curse that stops her from aging also gives her eternal youth.

Kaden and Keaton I also put down as impossible to tell, simply because we don't know their species lifespan.

I put Selena, Odin, and Laswald down as 18, simply because they've been in Nohr for several years now, and I always assumed that they were about 13-14 in Awakening, although, that was because Lucina was the oldest of the Awakening children, except Laurent, and there's no way Lucina was any older then 15, given what we know about her.

The rest could have been several of the ages listed, so I just chose what I felt was appropriate, considering the other ages I'd put down, and went on from there.

I'm not even going to bother with the Fates Children's ages if a poll is made for them though. That's a huge mess just waiting to happen, in my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...

Before I end up forgetting, here are the results for the rest of the polls (you can ask if you want to know what the 'other' responses consisted of):

Hoshidan Bachelors

Hoshidan Bachelorettes

Nohrian Bachelors

Nohrian Bachelorettes

Corrinsexuals

Bonus Ducks

I was rather off the mark for Orochi and Azama since most thought that they were in their thirties. Well now I know...

If you're curious, here's a list of what I think everyone's ages are. The first number is their age at the beginning of the year Fates takes place, while the second number their age once the year is over:

Corrin: 18-19

Azura: 19-20

Ryoma: 25-26

Hinoka: 20-21

Takumi: 17-18

Sakura: 15-16

Xander: 26-27

Camilla: 23-24

Leo: 17-18

Elise: 14-15

Felicia/Flora: 18-19

Jakob: 22-23

Silas: 18-19

Kaze/Saizo: 24-25

Mozu: 16-17

Kagero: 25-26

Azama: 27-28

Setsuna: 20-21

Hinata: 19-20

Oboro: 17-18

Subaki: 21-22

Hana: 16-17

Hayato: 15-16

Orochi: 27-28

Rinkah: 20-21

Kaden: ???

Laslow: 20-21

Peri: 18-19

Selena: 20-21

Beruka: 17-18

Niles: 23-24

Odin: 20-21

Arthur: 28-29

Effie: 17-18

Benny: 28-29

Charlotte: 23-24

Nyx: 55-56

Keaton: ???

Shura: 37-38

Scarlet: 23-24

Reina: 41-42

Yukimura: 38-39

Gunter: 58-59

Izana: 29-30

Fuga: 47-48

Anna: ???

Garon: 50-51

Sumeragi: 48-49 (35-36 ToD)

Mikoto: 39-40

Arete: 41-42 (27-28 ToD)

Lilith: 15-16

Edited by Lightchao42

So I finished it... It wouldn't let me answer ageless for Nyx :(

I like figuring out the ages so heres my thoughts on the royals.

Tell me what you think (please).

For reference;
The age of a child’s first memory can vary, but usually around the age of 3-4 years.
Same goes for keeping secrets. However, some people never learn to, while others learn as early as 3-4.

Ryoma is sworn to secrecy about the Avatar’s true origins, meaning he is old enough to comprehend the situation and understand the consequences of revealing it. Provided this I think he’d be at least 5-6 at the time, or was told when he was older. I give him 6 years old.
Hinoka does not know the secret, meaning she can not be old enough to remember the Avatar’s arrival. This means she can only older by a maximum of 2 1/2-3 years.
Sakura wasn’t born yet, and Takumi is either a younger newborn or not born either (Avatar is a newborn upon arrival)
The first wife of Sumeragi, Ikona, has to be alive at the time of the Avatar’s arrival.
On top of that, she has to live long enough to provide Sakura her namesake. (B-Support, Sakura/Ryoma)
Sakura is at least 1 year, 4 months and 26 days younger than Takumi. However, it is more likely 2 years, 4 months and 26 days as Takumi remembers the Avatar’s kidnapping. (A-support, Takumi/Hinoka)
Sorry to bust bubbles, but Azura is at least 1 year older than the Avatar. This is revealed in the Hidden Truths DLC, where human Anankos tells the Awakening trio about how he fathered the Avatar with Mikoto, and helped them flee Valla, along with Minot’s older sister, Arete, and her “little girl”. This implies that Azura was definitely not a newborn at that time, but too young to remember Valla herself, since it is also revealed that her mother told Azura as much as she could about Valla as she died, saving Nohr.

It is suggested that Garon died shortly after Elise’s birth.
This could mean that Garon was already Anankos “puppet” when he killed Sumeragi and kidnapped the Avtar, as it is in line with proving war between countries and potentially destroying the world, ridding humans out of existence, consistent with Anankos’ goals.
In Azura’s B-support with Elise, she claims that she would cry in front of Queen Mikoto because she would never get to see her new born baby sister (Elise). This would contradict Garon being dead/reanimated by Anankos at the time of the Avatar’s kidnapping.
Camilla remembers Azura as the 2nd queen’s (Arete) daughter. This means she’s at least three when Azura arrives in Nohr, possibly older. She also remembers that the Nohrian siblings were explicitly not allowed to even go near Azura. Provided this evidence, Azura may have not even known of Elise’s existence until after she herself was kidnapped and taken to Hoshido. (Revelations, chapter 12, At sea, after the battle)
This same part of the revelations story line indicates Camilla is older than Hinoka, as Camilla remembers Azura’s arrival, but Hinoka doesn’t remember the Avatar’s arrival.
Leo is too young to remember Azura when she was in Nohr. He only “heard” about terrible stories about her time in Nohr. (C-support, Leo/Azura)
Leo cannot be more than 1 year younger than the Avatar. This is because he remembers his father before he got “sick” or went “cold”. However, he he would be too young to remember some things, such as his father being a ladies man, and was told rather than knowing. He does, however, vividly remembers his father sparring, and receiving piggy back rides from him. (B-support, Leo/Elise)

Wait a second, how can Leo and Takumi be the same age as the Avatar?!?!?!?

Simple. In the case of Leo, we also find out that Xander is the only sibling born to the 1st wife Katerina. The other 3 siblings were all born to King Garon’s mistresses/consorts/concubines. All the Nohrian siblings have different mothers. This means they are only half siblings, and if we are to be naive, it would’ve been possible that the Avatar (or any potential unknown sibling that doesn’t exist) could have been the result of Garon getting carried away and getting 2 of his consorts pregnant in as little as the same week. (Even though we know that it’s not the case with the Avatar.)

Long story short, the nature of the Nohrian siblings maternal origins could be used to explain (to the Avatar) the potentially small age gap between the Avatar and Leo (until the Avatar finds out the truth).

The same idea could be provided to the Avatar and Takumi. However, this time around, it’s Sumeragi instead of Garon, (and 3 of the 4 siblings are unaware of the lack of blood relations) believing the Avatar to be their half-sibling. (which the avatar can believe until they either reach an S-support with one of the Hoshidian siblings or delve deep enough into Revelations.)

This could also mean Camilla could potentially be a little as a month and 3 days younger than Xander.

Avatar, you have a lot of “half-siblings” O_O….

Other things of note;
Sakura has to be at least 11 months older than Elise at the time of the Avatar’s kidnapping. Why? Because Takumi remembers the kidnapping. As mentioned above, and he is at least 1 year, 4 months and 26 days older than Sakura.
Xander is presumed to be younger than Ryoma (but about same age), and Takumi is presumed to be younger than Leo (by like 5 months and 14 days).
I’ve made Leo older than Takumi, because if the player chose a birthday between December 14-31, it would make one or both younger brother’s older than the Avatar, and that’s a no-no. You could potentially try and make Takumi one year younger, and Leo 1 1/2 years younger, but then we have an inconsistency with Leo’s memory in his B-support with Elise. He (most likely) wouldn’t remember the memories of his father as he would be too young to have them prior to the Avatar’s kidnapping (he’d be 2 1/2). You could argue that Leo could’ve had those memories due to being an intellectual prodigy, but in spite of the latter being true, that in itself is not proof of having those memories at that age. In fact, there’s no way to prove it. Long story short, Leo is older than Takumi due to inconsistencies the reverse would have on the theory. ( I actually came about this problem testing my theory using my brother’s birthday for the Avatar (December 31)).

Okay, let’s test this; I’ll start by using my own birthday for the Avatar. (June 24)

This makes;

Ryoma about 6 years, 1 month and 23 days older than the Avatar
Xander about 5 years, 7 months, and 28 days older than the Avatar
Camilla as young as 3 years, 6 months and 24-25 days or as old as 5 years 6 months and 24-25 days older than the Avatar
Hinoka about 2 years, 10 months and 6 days older than the Avatar
Azura about 1 year, 3 months and 21 days older than the Avatar
Leo about 6 days younger than the Avatar (yeah, 6…)
Takumi about 5 months and 20 days younger than the Avatar
Sakura about 2 years, 9 months and 16 days younger than the Avatar
Elise about 3 years, 8 months and 26 days younger than the Avatar

So if we took these differences in age into consideration, it would look kind of like this around the time of the kidnapping, from oldest to youngest;

Ryoma - 10+
Xander - 9+
Camilla - 7-9
Hinoka - 6
Azura - 5
Leo - 3-4
Takumi - 3
Sakura - 1
Elise - less than 1 year old

Heh, and Hinoka picks up the naginata at 7 years (C-Support, Hinoka/Camilla, english only), because they wanted to get the Avatar back (supports between Hinoka/Avatar). What a coincidence!

This took about a week, but it seems to work, appears consistent with the things (supports and story) provided in the game.
I wanted to find the age differences and be able to scale their ages upon the Avatar’s “coming of age. This theory allows for that, as the game does not specify the amount of time the Avatar spent in Nohr.

Provided we use this theory, the ages of the siblings would differ at the start of the game, dependant of the player’s definition of “coming of age”. For example, if one considered “coming of age” to be 18, regardless of the birthday chosen, the character’s ages would look something like this;

Ryoma - 24+
Xander - 23+
Camilla - 21-23
Hinoka - 20
Azura - 19
Leo - 17/18
Takumi - 17
Sakura - 14/15
Elise - 13/14

I'm surprised how many people voted Arthur to be in his thirties. While it seems that way, I hate to break it to you all, but Arthur and Azura are around the same age as suggested by their supports.

Also, physically Lilith may be a teenager, but if we consider that

she started serving the avatar right after the Awakening trio came and went in Hidden Truths, she is actually probably, much, much younger.

Edited by twistedxgrace