What's Your Type?

Rezzy

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As seen in my user name, my favorite type is Water!

I just love anything water-related, and trust me, I can gush for hours when I talk about water related thing and in Pokemon, Water is such a varied type, and it's rare to see people without a Water type in their team.

Also, you can have a team of 6 Water Types and still have a balanced team!

Water is just so amazing!

Always has been fire. Most of the starter pokemon I've picked have been fire as well. A couple generations I didn't because they looked stupid. I'll be picking Litten in the upcoming game as well, one because he's fire and two because he's the only one that doesn't look that stupid.

As seen in my user name, my favorite type is Water!

I just love anything water-related, and trust me, I can gush for hours when I talk about water related thing and in Pokemon, Water is such a varied type, and it's rare to see people without a Water type in their team.

Also, you can have a team of 6 Water Types and still have a balanced team!

Water is just so amazing!

I would have accused you of false advertising if it were anything else.

Water's a pretty strong type. It's not quite as broken now that we don't have endless rain anymore, though.

Psychic.

Psychic has the unfortunate distinction of going from the absolute best type to one of the worst. The type effectiveness changes of Gen VI made Dark and Ghost a lot more common.

Steel and Ice have long been my personal favorites, but I like all the types pretty much.

Solid choices, no pun intended. Maybe a little intended.

Always has been fire. Most of the starter pokemon I've picked have been fire as well. A couple generations I didn't because they looked stupid. I'll be picking Litten in the upcoming game as well, one because he's fire and two because he's the only one that doesn't look that stupid.

I chose the Fire type every gen except VI, where I went with Froakie, since I love frogs. Edited by Rezzy

Steel, Ice, Water. I do love most of the types, though.

If I had to pick one, perhaps steel because I just love the amount of resistances it has/had.

However, Ice is really pretty and fascinating to me. Water is incredibly versatile.

Psychic has the unfortunate distinction of going from the absolute best type to one of the worst. The type effectiveness changes of Gen VI made Dark and Ghost a lot more common.

Honestly, I'm not too sure if it is my favorite anymore. It was for a while. I like ice types, or at least ice in a combination of something.

Honestly, I'm not too sure if it is my favorite anymore. It was for a while. I like ice types, or at least ice in a combination of something.

A type can be your favorite without really being that strong. I liked Fire in Gen I, when it was at its weakest. It was strong against Bug, Ice, and Grass.

Bug was a terrible type and no one had any on their team.

Ice was really rare, and most were Ice/Water, so the attacks were neutral, with the threat of getting hit by STAB water attacks.

Grass wasn't really that commonly used either. Most were Grass/Poison and Gen I was the Meta of Mewtwo and 5 of his Psychic friends.

Electric and I'm seriously not saying that because it ruins the Fruit's favorites. Whenever I make a pokemon team, all of them we'll have 1 Electric move if possible. Kyogre with Thunder is so good.

Edited by Sirius

Hmmm. . .let's see how my favorites stack up, by type. . .

Normal - 1

Flying - 2

Bug - 1

Ground - 1

Grass - 2

Ice - 1

Dragon - 1

Steel - 1

So I guess it's Grass/Flying. Not surprisingly, I'm picking Rowlet as my starter.

I really love Fairy and Ghost, regardless of viability. I'm not ashamed to admit it's entirely for aesthetic reasons.

In terms of types I actually use a lot, I've pretty much picked the Water starters without fail on every first playthrough of every Pokemon game I've played, and my teams inevitably have at least one Water type regardless of what starters I go with.

Going exclusively phantasmal on you all. Ever since I saw Haunter, I have been in love with Ghost types and there's always one on my team whenever I get my hands on one. I even have a favorite from each gen being Haunter, Misdreavus Banette (And it's sick Mega Evolution) Drifblim, Chandelure, Phantump and I'm getting Moon for that awesome Ghost legendary.

I'm too spooky, I know.

Edited by Raguna

Fire! No contest (though Grass and Fairy tie for second place)!

I'm the same way with fire as Water Mage is with water, basically. I can talk about things related to fire for hours. And I think the flames of fire are beautiful even if it can also be dangerous. But it's how you use it in the end that determines whether it's dangerous or not, really. It can keep us warm in the winter when it's bitter cold (and even if the power goes out in a blizzard or something) and a campfire and s'mores are a staple for campground trips. Fires were used to cook food before we had gas and electric stoves/ovens. It's used on candles for candle-lit dinners and candle-lit churches. It's used to light torches at certain events. And so on.

And believe it or not, fire can help grow and protect forests/land! Controlled burning is a thing in many places that helps keep forests from getting too thick and wildfires from breaking out. California really needs to do more of this (hint: there's a bad wildfire blazing in the LA area as I speak), but I hear that environmentalists won't allow it. They're freaking idiots that need to do their research. If they really knew how helpful fire actually could be to their area, I bet you they'd be all for it.

Yet, its destructive power is pretty amazing too. A lot of things can be destructive though. Water can be too, in floods and heavy rain! Lightning, rocks, all that stuff can destroy things in one way or another. So thankfully, it's not like fire is anymore dangerous than a lot of these. In fact, I would say water is potentially the most dangerous period if you're not talking earthquakes and perhaps volcanoes. Why? One word: tsunamis.

Really, in short terms, I just think fire is beautiful and amazing! And I like a lot of Fire type Pokemon anyway too. :P

Edited by Anacybele

Dragon (respect the legend), with a very honorable mention to Psychic (respect the original legend). Needless to say, I really like Latios and Latias.

Edited by Refa