Dumb Stuff We Thought As Kids

Rezzy

I thought some nice fancy-ass looking church in part of town was Disneyworld because it reminded me of the castle

it was not =(

was also dissapointed to learn that its not possible to sit on clouds, they look so fluffy.....

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was also dissapointed to learn that its not possible to sit on clouds, they look so fluffy.....

you'll never know until you try

I thought some nice fancy-ass looking church in part of town was Disneyworld because it reminded me of the castle

it was not =(

I used to think the smokestack on factories was a cloud making machine.

oh yeah I thought that as a baby too~!

my finger has a scar to prove it

I was like, 6 at that time though, so yeah that was pretty dumb. I didn't get a scar but I cried for like two hours because my mom started yelling at me about doing stupid things haha. That boil lasted for months though ;-;.

I also believed that Transylvania wasnt a real place. It was a madeup place that only monsters came from, like Dracula and the Boogieman. (i blame Scooby-Doo really) Then i found out it was a real place in Romania in the Carpathian mountains and my mind exploded. I was 12 when i realized it was a real place. (blessedly free of Boogiemen, but there was a Dracula)

When I was a kid, I thought that Pennsylvania and Transylvania were the same place

When I was a kid, I thought that Pennsylvania and Transylvania were the same place

I had a similar misconception with India and Indiana.

When I was around 5 years old, I thought that speaking French with an English accent and adding few words like yes, no, toaster was how you spoke English.

right, but this is about things that aren't true

When I was around 5 years old, I thought that speaking French with an English accent and adding few words like yes, no, toaster was how you spoke English.

toaster

I also remember thinking that the sky would literally break apart and crush us all at some random ass day. Clearly that was 7 yr old me just being 7 yr old me.

so there was a bigfoot documentary on tv and i didnt really watch tv but i was in the room so i was looking and i was like yeah ok

then after watching a few minutes of it for some reason whenever i went to the bathroom i thought he would come out of the toilet and grab me idk

thats about it

so there was a bigfoot documentary on tv and i didnt really watch tv but i was in the room so i was looking and i was like yeah ok

then after watching a few minutes of it for some reason whenever i went to the bathroom i thought he would come out of the toilet and grab me idk

thats about it

ditto.

When i was a kid, i was really fascinated by animals. So I would always be on the Animal Planet channel. Late at night, they used to show this one series where it had mythological creatures or creatures from Urban Legends. I think the show was called "Lost Tapes" or something. Anyways, animals such as the "Chupacabra", Bigfoot, Skinwalker, Wendigo etc. would appear and they would have a "recreation" that looks convincingly real and it spooked the fuck out of me.

The show gave me some sick paranoia. I used to live in a house where there was a huge glass door to the backyard. My uncle used that to his advantage into spooking me since he's like 6 feet tall, by banging on the door and making some weird sounds whenever I was close to it. So when I looked outside I just see some tall figure standing in front of me.

It was also why I didn't want to go travel into the wilderness, since the back of my mind was always like "what if i see one of these creatures, we're fucked!"

Anyways, I still secretly hope they're real despite how fucking scary there are. I remember one of them would like make sounds of a dog or something, however, they would shapeshift to the last thing they killed, or shapeshift into something familiar to you to make you feel comfortable. Then they would attack you later xD.

Edited by ~Summer~