Weekly Mug Shot Contest

Fireman

I copied a good portion of this from FEEmpire. ^^

OVERVIEW

Anyways, to start things off, I want to begin by starting up a Spriting Competition for Mugs. Now, to begin saying here, this isn't a "Lawl 100% Custom Mugs ownzors" contest. This is a contest where you have to use certain parts from characters to get your result. You must however also be using the ones that are given to you each week.

MAIN IDEA

You have about 1 week to work on your mug. You may still post or PM me yours before or on the due date( which will be every Friday, 11:59PM [Pacific Time Zone] ). Judging will begin on Saturday.

HOW TO ENTER

Just send me the mug in a PM or post it here. It doesn't matter if you weren't in the previous contests nor are you obliged to enter every contest. Just enter when you feel like it.

MUGGING RULES

1. Your color choice is not restricted in any way. You may use any color you wish when coloring/recoloring your mug.

2. Your mug must fit inside this greenish box. Ask me in a PM if you are unsure.

3. You must use at least 1 part from each of the mugs given.

4. You may create some customized pieces onto your final mug.

5. You do not have to restrict your mug to 15 colors, but it would be preferable.

6. Have fun. ^^

JUDGING PROCESS

For the score, we will have each judge rate the mugs on a scale from 1 to 10. Judges will post their scores in this topic along with constructive criticism(^^). When all the scores are gathered, they will be compiled together for the final score. The judging deadline for each week will be every Friday, 11:59PM (Pacific Time Zone).

RULES TO BEING A JUDGE

Give each mug a fair, honest score. Please do not be biased when rating a mug(e.g."OMG! Pink hair! I love pink hair! 10/10!" or "Ew. I hate pink hair. -50/10.") If you wish to participate in one of the weekly contests, I'll be more than glad to assign a substitute judge to take your place temporarily(or permamently, if you wish).

CURRENT JUDGES

1.xX_Wasure_Xx

2.Fireman

3.Razgriz

HALL OF FAME

Week 1 Winners: 1st place-Fireman, 2nd place(tied)-Cymbeline and Yogurt

Week 2 Winners: 1st place-AngelofDeath, 2nd place- Fireman, 3rd place- Kyrra

Week 3 Winners:

Week 4

Edited by Fireman

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll offer to be a judge if you'd like.

idk what the plan is, but we are either getting judges that are really good at this type of stuff (though wouldn't they have joined???...) or we are getting everyone in the forest to vote...

But I see Fireman looking, he would know better than me.

WEEK 1'S MUGSET:

516ltt.png

259k26r.png

282dool.png

Just in case some people aren't clear on the subject, you're supposed to make a mug out of the three mugs above.

CAN I BE A JUDGE???

I'll think about it.

I'll be a judge.

I'll think about it.

I CANZ PARTEECIPATEZ?

Can we just use an existing mug we have?

Sure, you can participate.

If you have already made a mug that contains parts from the three that you're supposed to be working on, sure, you can use it.

Edited by Fireman

Fox and Wil are now judges.

Also, for your guys' convenience, I gave Roy and Raven a transparent background and turned the Colm mug into PNG format.

Edited by Fireman

Shouldnt people who knows how to make very good mugs be judges

Well maybe it should be people who don't. That way they can tell how it looks from the perspective of someone who'd using the character.

It's more about how it looks right?

Shouldnt people who knows how to make very good mugs be judges

But most, if not all, of those people are participating, and you can never tell if one of them would give the others lower scores just so that they can win. XD

Edited by Fireman

Well maybe it should be people who don't. That way they can tell how it looks from the perspective of someone who'd using the character.

It's more about how it looks right?

Yeah, I mean, whenever you play a Fire Emblem game, I doubt that the first thing you do is sit down and stare at the mug to see how good it is and/or point out its mistakes or something.

Edited by Fireman

Yeah, I mean, whenever you play a Fire Emblem game, I doubt that the first thing you do is sit down and stare at the mug to see how good it is.

Plus it might be better for someone who doesn't know the process. That way they don't have to take into account specific details, and judge it on what's important: How it looks. Not how it was made.