Weekly Mug Shot Contest

Fireman

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Entry #1: 10/10. I was in awe when I saw it. Reminds me of Ike.

Entry #2: 5/10 Ehh.. the body is too bulky for that size of head.

Entry #3: 8/10 A pretty cool mug the white bandana thingy is cool.

Entry #4: 7/10 Same reason as Lyle

Entry #5: 6/10 The hair seems a little tall for the head, the blue shoulder pad kind of messes it up.

Entry #6: 7/10 The neck is too long, which makes the head look bigger, which throws off the mug.

Entry #7: 8/10 The neck is kinda big. The bandana could stand to be a different colour. Also, the body looks like its facing a different way than the face.

Edited by Ooglybear

Entry #1: I already told you what was up, but you fixed a fair bit of it. As it stands, I only see a couple shading errors and that problem with the collar.

7.5/10

Entry #2: Nothing's changed.

3/10

Entry #3: Too many colours, mixed outlines, I think you used custom colours too, and they don't look like they fit the rules if you did. Neat design though.

5.5/10

Entry #4: Love the design, and I can't find TOO many faults. One thing, however: the shoulder plate's separation doesn't look good, there needs to be a darker shade of gray to make it look good. The back of the hair looks too flat and shaded oddly, but the rest is pretty nice.

8.5/10

Entry #5: Alright... the neck is too long, for starters, that's what sticks out the most. Then there's the fact the colours aren't too pretty, the neck shading is pretty bad, and the hair that goes down his neck is farther into the neck than it should be.

5/10

Entry #6: Too many colours, mixing game colours. That's what I see right away. Then I also see the cape's shading... now, capes are my weak point usually, but that shading just looks bad. Not trying to be too harsh or anything, but straight lines don't work for capes. especially if they're that thick. I also noticed that the chin covers a bit of the collar, which is a no-no. One last thing: the shoulder plates. They just look off... like you stretched the nearer one and shrunk the other side's. But you didn't even alter the shading, so they look really poorly done.

4/10

Entry #7: I can honestly say I quite enjoy this design. It's simple and uniform, but looks nice. If you were to touch this up, I can't say I'd dislike the mug. One thing that REALLY bothers me is the shading above his right eye. It's not shaded right, and needs to be darker. Also, the neck doesn't meet with the collar in the right spot and is too straight, and rather poorly shaded. I also noticed you took out the darkest skin tone... that didn't work out too well. Aside from that, just fix up the shading immediately under the headband and just under the cape, on the shoulder plate.

This one was a VERY tough call... I had a hell of a hard time choosing between the seventh and fourth entries, but here it is...

8/10 - There's one last thing I noticed when comparing the two entries... on this entry, the cape is too flat at the end, it's unnatural. That's the ONE thing that forced me to choose entry number four over this.

All in all it was a nice effort, hope to see even better turn outs next round.

I've been thinking about this judge thing. And the more I think about it, the less it makes sense. To clarify things, all I did was basically give (most of) the spots to everyone who asked first, which, in retrospect, doesn't really sound like such a good idea after all...

But I want to ask you guys first. Would it be alright if we changed some of the judges.

For the judges, we could have like:

2 spriters/muggers

2 artists

3 "normal people"

We could also just let random SF members vote for the mugs in a poll. Of course, their votes won't count as much as the judge votes.

Of course, this is just an idea, but what are your thoughts?

Edited by Fireman

I've been thinking about this judge thing. And the more I think about it, the less it makes sense. To clarify things, all I did was basically give (most of) the spots to everyone who asked first, which, in retrospect, doesn't really sound like such a good idea after all...

But I want to ask you guys first. Would it be alright if we changed some of the judges.

For the judges, we could have like:

2 spriters/muggers

2 artists

3 "normal people"

We could also just let random SF members vote for the mugs in a poll. Of course, their votes won't count as much as the judge votes.

Of course, this is just an idea, but what are your thoughts?

I think that sounds good.

Erm, what do you mean by 'artists'?

Other than that, I think it's a good idea.

I'm not sure. Maybe people who have experience drawing, shading, etc.

How much longer until round two? I was busy for the last one.

Round/week 2 has already started. You can check the first post for the three mugs you have to use.

Edited by Fireman

It's a tiny bit hard to tell, but it's Lugh's face on this.

eepgk.png

You mean Hugh. I know it's just one letter, but in this case, it becomes a completely different person. ^^

Also, not bad, as far as I can tell.

contesst2ml0.png

not one of my better ones, the people wernt THAT similar but similar enough that some could be done, couldn't find much for wil though....

I think the three are more similar than Raven, Roy, and Colm...