deleting my account

Quamosthy

was that recent? honestly, he may have had to conform to what the Catholic church high-ranking bishops want in spite of his actual beliefs. which is really unfortunate.because he did literally invite a transgender man to the vatican "after he had been rejected by his parish" in 2015

It was recent, but that's good to know!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't agree with Pope Francis on everything, but I think overall he's a great pope. Likely any change in the Church will be gradual. I'd like to see women priests, acceptance of LGBTs, and same sex marriage within my lifetime, but I want it to be something that's decided by the church from within, not imposed by outside governments.

yeah i think that's the huge thing about big franko, not that he's outspoken hugely in favor of lgbt issues and etc. but rather that he's relatively a huge proponent of them. change doesn't happen in a snap, and pope francis is a way bigger step in the right direction than we could have reasonably hoped for.

God bless him to be quite honest.

Yea, what Fre said'

Wow I thought you were my mom.

As a jew, if I took the OT literally, I would think Pope Francis was a bad follower of god simply by virtue of preaching for the divinity of jesus christ (I personally find the arguments that christ fulfilled the OT unsatisfactory insofar as I understand them).

But I don't take it literally.

I'm still willing to say that Pope Francis might be a bad pope for someone who's really willing to believe that both the OT and NT are divinely inspired, but as a person leading a major institution I think he seems like an improvement.

but do you agree that the orthodox cross is objectively superior from an aesthetic perspective

As a unapologetic pagan heathen, i actually agree that those orthodox crosses are bomb af lookin.

yeah i think that's the huge thing about big franko, not that he's outspoken hugely in favor of lgbt issues and etc. but rather that he's relatively a huge proponent of them. change doesn't happen in a snap, and pope francis is a way bigger step in the right direction than we could have reasonably hoped for.

As far as popes go, this guy is honestly the most progressive ive ever seen, ever. Im chuffed af that this guy is sitting in the Vatican right now. Hes not perfect but dang man.

Rezzy, that really sucks. /pat Not gonna say any more on the subject cuz toes might get stepped on.

I agree even if I'm not Christian by any means or even religious at all.

Most of the problem is/was not from lack of support or being ignored, but rather the general hostility towards Christians or belief in God that I've seen. Being a Christian, it made me feel like this was not a place I should be. I've had good experiences here, that's not something I'll deny, but I hardly feel like it's possible for me to belong here after all that. I'll give this site one more chance, but I am one hurtful comment away from changing my password to something I won't even know.

Welcome to the Internet, it's going to happen. There's some dedicated Christian message boards out there, so feel free to join one of those if SF falls short in that regard. . .since SF's focus is on a video game series and all.

Sorry to hear that. I've found the people here generally pretty nice. I get the feeling that some people don't like me, but it's inevitable with a large community.

I'm Catholic, sorta. I was raised as such and still have faith, but I haven't been able to get my son baptized, because the priest doesn't approve of my lifestyle. So I don't know if I still count. I've seen intolerance on both sides, but that's everywhere, and not exclusive to SF.

Feel free to PM if you ever want to discuss theology or need to rant about anything.

I can't imagine why people would dislike you, unless they're jealous of your art or something!

I can't imagine why people would dislike you, unless they're jealous of your art or something!

I'd be flattered and confused if someone was jealous of my art.

@quasmothy i never reallly saw any christian attacking that youre talking about but if there was, it was probably attacking christiany as a whole thing (which isnt even ur fault). if christianity was used far an attack on someone it was probably a troll or somebody who probably wouldve used some other excuse to put somebody down if not christianity. kinda like racism. afaik religion bashing is not a thing supported by sff, it kinda just happens everywhere. i used to do it too because i hate my family and what they put me through, but thats not really anybodys fault except theirs.