deleting my account

Quamosthy

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well your name is almost Sheezy and that member is a guy so statistically speaking you're probably a guy.

True, I suppose, but I think my nickname is older than he is. I've had it since about the second grade, circa 1994.

I used to let people just assume I was a guy and didn't care, but since I've posted about my kids so much, it kind of gives me away, now.

Edited by Rezzy

True, I suppose, but I think my nickname is older than he is. I've had it since about the second grade, circa 1994.

I used to let people just assume I was a guy and didn't care, but since I've posted about my kids so much, it kind of gives me away, now.

Ya well I don't know the origin of Shezzy maybe it's his great grandfather's masonic ritual name.

Ya well I don't know the origin of Shezzy maybe it's his great grandfather's masonic ritual name.

That would be interesting. I like Shezzy's name, but I have a bias for names ending in ezzy.

Probably serves me right, I'm not the most feminine woman anyway.

Um yeah I'd seriously consider Severian (currently HELP) on the mean comment thing. As I believe has already been mentioned in here multiple times, there are mean people ALL OVER the internet, it's a thing you either have to learn to live with or have enough patience to try to help someone change. But if there's anything I've learned during my stay on the internet, some people just don't change. So if you really can't get yourself to tolerate certain attitudes and you don't want to stir up a bunch of trouble with that person, I back up the ignore function suggestion. Or if you want to get better at dealing with it, not ignoring and just learning to control yourself even when reading someone's posts and either keeping a cool head or any positive results can be really helpful.

Unfortunately though, the ignore function only blocks people from one on one chats. Otherwise, in ip chat you get what you get.

I think I will also reemphasize that there is a report feature in this forum. So if somebody's causing issues and you think it's against the rules (please read the rules before doing such an attempt), you can get help for it because there are some attitudes the staff won't permit. Otherwise, you'll just have to suck it up. There's no way we can simply stop people from having a disagreement. Everybody has their own opinions. They just can't go too far with them.

Oh but I feel like I also have to say, don't feel like you're obligated to stay even if you've been encouraged to try to. You can do whatever you want, not what any of us want. Just that it might be better for your own development to try to improve the way you handle these things because you find these kind of attitudes everywhere. But I hope that if you stick around you will find that there are plenty of good people or even people you can call friends that can make this stay not nearly as hard as you think it will be. This site does have some great people on it!!

Elieson keeps talking about his children, but he's a father not a mother~!

Edited by Freohr Datia

as someone with no religious affiliation I can tell you that most of us dont care what religion you are as long as you dont shove it in our face.

if youre offended by some offhanded comments not directed at you because of someone elses belief or lack thereof then youre too sensitive

Sorry to hear that. I've found the people here generally pretty nice. I get the feeling that some people don't like me, but it's inevitable with a large community.

I'm Catholic, sorta. I was raised as such and still have faith, but I haven't been able to get my son baptized, because the priest doesn't approve of my lifestyle. So I don't know if I still count. I've seen intolerance on both sides, but that's everywhere, and not exclusive to SF.

Feel free to PM if you ever want to discuss theology or need to rant about anything.

...Why does the priest dislike you? No need to answer if you don't feel comfortable, I'm just curious.

The origin of my name is ridiculously convoluted but the root of the name 'shez' stems from the egyptian demon god of blood, slaughter, wine, and perfume

whom I had stumbled upon when I was reading one of rick riordan's book when I was like 10 or something.

Wait, I thought it was your sister's nickname.

I'm Catholic, sorta. I was raised as such and still have faith, but I haven't been able to get my son baptized, because the priest doesn't approve of my lifestyle. So I don't know if I still count. I've seen intolerance on both sides, but that's everywhere, and not exclusive to SF.

um

godless heathen here so not too familiar with religious practices, but isnt jesus supposed to have the power to judge and not priests? little iffy on their power to "forgive" at confessions but thats another issue, but who the fuck does this asshole think he is? your hands save human lives and you've worked hard your entire life to get to this position and this fuck judges you. honestly you should have punched him in the face

also this rustles my jimmies and my jimmies arent rustled often.

godless heathen here so not too familiar with religious practices, but isnt jesus supposed to have the power to judge and not priests? little iffy on their power to "forgive" at confessions but thats another issue, but who the fuck does this asshole think he is? your hands save human lives and you've worked hard your entire life to get to this position and this fuck judges you. honestly you should have punched him in the face.

Why I'm Protestant. Penance is one of the stupidest practices in Catholicism because it devalues grace. Also why I prefer a cross to a crucifix.

even we protestants have to agree though that eastern orthodox crosses are the fucking shit eyes emoji as far as design goes, we didn't win that lottery

Elieson keeps talking about his children, but he's a father not a mother~!

Yea, what Fre said'

Very true, and fathers are a very important part of the parenting institution. I didn't mean to belittle that. Seeing a guy be a good father is one of the happiest things in the world. God knows I get along with my father better than my mother...

It's more the fact that I've talked about pregnancy and such. I don't think Elie's pregnant.

...Why does the priest dislike you? No need to answer if you don't feel comfortable, I'm just curious.

I don't mind, I just wanted to wait until I was off mobile to give it the proper treatment it deserved.

um

godless heathen here so not too familiar with religious practices, but isnt jesus supposed to have the power to judge and not priests? little iffy on their power to "forgive" at confessions but thats another issue, but who the fuck does this asshole think he is? your hands save human lives and you've worked hard your entire life to get to this position and this fuck judges you. honestly you should have punched him in the face

also this rustles my jimmies and my jimmies arent rustled often.

All forgiveness comes from God, but it's the priest's judgement on whether to manifest that absolution. They can deny baptism for a child, if they think the parents won't bring the child up in accordance with the teachings of the church. There are two primary reasons for my estrangement from the Church.

One: Ever since I was 16 and through school, I worked full time while going to school full time. My work schedule was very busy, often working double shifts on the weekend. As such, I often worked during church hours or was too tired to go regularly.

Two: I'm an unrepentant sinner. I engaged in premarital, lesbian sex acts, which are forbidden by the church, this compounded on me not attending mass regularly. Lesbian sex is technically impossible to be condoned by the church, because lesbians can't be married by the Catholic Church. I'm in a hetero marriage now, but I still have that in my past and haven't properly atoned for it or shown remorse. I'm only sorry insofar as it negatively affects my son's baptism eligibility.

According to Church doctrine, anyone can baptize another person in an emergency. It's kind of a gray area what constitutes an emergency, though. I've actually already baptized my son, myself. I did it while giving him a bath, in private. I'm not a theological expert enough to say if that "counts" or not. But I don't want my child paying for the "Sins of the Father (or mother)" in this case.

I don't want to force anyone to accept me. I've accepted who I am.

Why I'm Protestant. Penance is one of the stupidest practices in Catholicism because it devalues grace. Also why I prefer a cross to a crucifix.

I generally agree with good works and salvation through being a good person, it's just how it is instituted that I think could see improvement.

...So, he refused because you were too busy to attend church for a justifiable reason and because you happen to be bisexual.

...can't say I approve of that whatsoever, but I suppose it's not my place as someone who doesn't know much about Christian teachings, despite my mother's family being largely Christian.

it's not exactly uncommon among the more orthodox sects of our religion - our current pope is uniquely tolerant of the gays, in that he doesn't necessarily think they should burn in hell forever (iirc, at least, i want to think pope francis is a cool dude)

not that the pope speaks for all christendom, but as a measuring stick for your reference that this is a big development in tyool 2016

on a smaller scale it's less predictable, you have small town preachers who honestly couldn't give a shit and small town preachers who quite unironically still call them "sodomites"

was that recent? honestly, he may have had to conform to what the Catholic church high-ranking bishops want in spite of his actual beliefs. which is really unfortunate.

because he did literally invite a transgender man to the vatican "after he had been rejected by his parish" in 2015

Edited by Tryhard

I don't agree with Pope Francis on everything, but I think overall he's a great pope. Likely any change in the Church will be gradual. I'd like to see women priests, acceptance of LGBTs, and same sex marriage within my lifetime, but I want it to be something that's decided by the church from within, not imposed by outside governments.