Which Awakening character you would have chosen to...

WinterOkami

Which Awakening character would you have chosen to replace Laslow, Odin and Selena.

Personally it would have been great if Gerome, Laurent and Cynthia had shown up.since they weren't very popular in the previous game.

I mean people remember Inigo for being one of the most broken units in the game, Severa for how much of a rude girl she were and Owain for his dramatic pauses.

Anyways who would you pick to join the war between Hoshido, Nohr and Valla ?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't say I would actually change the order of the selected units but I would switch in Severa for Cynthia if anything else. Camilla has a wyvern squad and it'd be pretty funny seeing a falcon knight in her entourage who could better contrast with Beruka who's really much her opposite yet strangely similiar in what they lost. I could see people like Laurent, Kjelle, Noire or Brady joining the group as well. Or who knows maybe Cynthia entered the edgy zone and tried a wyvern herself.

However Gerome would never show up since he declined even a plea for help when you recruit him since he doesn't want to mess with anything, Yarne won't risk death since he's the only taguel left around and Nah would require someone to explain what a manakete is when Lord Kamui has dibs on being the special dragon just like his/her offspring so adding another one would probably make us question why no one questions why she's there.

Slightly off-topic but if for the second gen kids, I'd say Lon'qu to substitute in Gaius since he can pass as a Hoshidan no prob and he actually looks like he could be an offspring of Saizo. Assasin Lon'qu is even his second promotion choice and he was the guy who would come in next if Gaius wasn't there.

Edited by Raguna

I really cannot see it being anyone else. The three just work together so well now that it's hard to pick others.

If I had to, I'd swap Laslow and Odin for Kjelle and Brady, and they'd class changed to Cavalier and Troubadour respectively.

Everyone wants to take out Severa and it makes me sad. :(

Edited by TrueEm

I would have chosen Gerome over Inigo. I felt that he and Xander would relate to each other better (dunno why)

Owain is my favorite FE character so I'm fine with him and I think severa worked. However, I'd say noire would work better as camillas retainer mainly because noire could get the motherly attention from camilla that she never really got from tharja

I love Owain/Odin, and his daughter Ophelia, so I'd definitely keep Owain/Odin as one of the Awakening kids brought in. Even though I really like Soleil, and thus would need Inigo/Lazlow to remain in Fates, I think Noire would fit in Fates better, only she'd take Severa/Selena's position as Camilla's retainer, and Severa/Selena would become Xander's retainer. I don't think Xander could handle having two nutjobs to look after. Well, not on top of everything else he has to deal with.

It would have been funny if Lucina came instead of Laslow and have her be the retainer of Xander to late give birth to Siegbert.

I can't say I would actually change the order of the selected units but I would switch in Severa for Cynthia if anything else. Camilla has a wyvern squad and it'd be pretty funny seeing a falcon knight in her entourage who could better contrast with Beruka who's really much her opposite yet strangely similiar in what they lost. I could see people like Laurent, Kjelle, Noire or Brady joining the group as well. Or who knows maybe Cynthia entered the edgy zone and tried a wyvern herself.

However Gerome would never show up since he declined even a plea for help when you recruit him since he doesn't want to mess with anything, Yarne won't risk death since he's the only taguel left around and Nah would require someone to explain what a manakete is when Lord Kamui has dibs on being the special dragon just like his/her offspring so adding another one would probably make us question why no one questions why she's there.

Slightly off-topic but if for the second gen kids, I'd say Lon'qu to substitute in Gaius since he can pass as a Hoshidan no prob and he actually looks like he could be an offspring of Saizo. Assasin Lon'qu is even his second promotion choice and he was the guy who would come in next if Gaius wasn't there.

It's not that much off-topic you know but if anything I think Lon'qu would be the last choice to become Saizou's child. Their personalities are too similar if anything the one who should have reincarnated would have to be Gregor for the sake of Soviet Ylisse.

I'm also fine with what we have, but I see I'm not the only one who wouldn't mind replacing Severa with Noire, since she's my personal second favorite Awakening daughter after Lucina. Maybe she could've married Hayato and Rhajat being his daughter would've made a lot more sense.

Lon'qu being my favorite FE character ever I wouldn't have minded this at all, though that could just be me being biased. Saizo is also probably my favorite character I've married in-game, so...

Oh yeah I forgot about Soleil...in that case, replace Inigo with Laurent. :3:

I hope I'm not getting off-topic now, but I do like Soleil for who she is. While her invasion of personal space is disgusting, it makes her a more interesting character in my opinion. I have a plethora of problematic faves (Peri is my icon!). I do think she'd be a much better character with less sexual harassment, though. I can't say I have the same intrigue about Laurent, who's pretty much just his mother but more suffering, but hey; that's just me. Maybe the writers could've made it work considering I hated Severa in Awakening but like her in Fates.

I would've loved Noire over Severa for a lot of reasons:

- Severa's one of my least favorite characters, and a new world hasn't changed that

- Noire would have a good excuse to GTFO, due to the trauma inflicted by her mother

- Noire would've been very interesting as an Adventurer, instead of dual Mercenaries (IS plz)

- Camilla would've had a hell of a time dealing with Noire's spastic personality

It would have been funny if Lucina came instead of Laslow and have her be the retainer of Xander to late give birth to Siegbert.

It's not that much off-topic you know but if anything I think Lon'qu would be the last choice to become Saizou's child. Their personalities are too similar if anything the one who should have reincarnated would have to be Gregor for the sake of Soviet Ylisse.

Not exactly and even then Soleil and Ophelia exist who are pretty much female versions of their dads taken to a bit of an extreme or slight tweak. Gregor would be cool to see in a way, but I'll agree with someone else that I'd prefer if there were original characters rather than expies in any case.

Certain characters like Brady should have come up because it would be funny to see him talking to Dwyer.

Laurent would definetly have good support conversations with Hayato telling him something about Ricken refering to him as his mother's colleague.

Anyone over Odin

Laurent!! I would have liked to see Laurent! Kid is one of my favorites and he receives so little...

Edited by SniperGYS

I can so imagine Brady being a Butler in Nohr, while Cynthia as Elise's retainer with Arthur being her parter of Justice!

I agree at 100% they would be the best retainer duo!

No children characters from Awakening honestly, they had their spotlight.

Let's see, Priam, for being underdeveloped. Plus him getting super chatty about narrow subjects is hilarious.

Whatever, I'll just say the Robinsexuals. Aside from Tiki and Say'ri, most of them don't really need to stay in Awakenings world.

I personally would have liked noire instead of odin but that's just because noire is my favourite awakening child and owain is my second least favourite. Severa is my least favourite but I will let that slide because I actually like her as selena.
Also just remembered that one of noires critical quotes in awakening was "time to play" meaning she would have been doubly good as camillas retainer

Edited by Mackc2