Sun and Moon Competitive Discussion

ZoesMad

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I think Hoopa should be the next one to go. I think Pheromosa might get a full suspect test. It's not nearly as bad as Landorus, that's for sure.

Has anyone played around in the UU Alpha that finally started today? It's really wild.

I'm honestly scared of the UU alpha given what all ended up down there. It's basically ORAS OU minus a few things.

Hoopa is definitely next and then probably Genesect. I don't know if Greninja is strong enough to get quickbanned though, but I expect a suspect.

That's kind of what's fun about it honestly lol. It's kind of fun to use stuff like Primarina in a tier that's more their speed. Gengar seems like it could be a really big threat down here too, if it stays. Without the obviously ridiculous stuff I think UU is gonna be pretty cool this gen. Even with what there is down here it's still not as crazy as OU from what I've seen so far.

Edited by Deltre

Been trying Icium Z Tapu Fini out with Haze. It provides a one-time full heal and it really helps make Fini an awesome pivot.

Haze / Nature's Madness / Moonblast / Taunt is my set, though I sometimes use Scald over Taunt.

That was a crazy game dude, I have to wonder why he wasn't running Surf or Grass Knot on Raichu though. Sub Nasty + Dual STAB seems a little shaky IMO, but that thing put in work no lie.

Here's a fun little lure I've been using to help survive the madness that is SuMo UU

Arcanine @ Grassium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower / Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [ice]
- Solar Beam
- Fire Spin / Morning Sun
Most people won't see this coming, you use Fire Spin on the switch to a bulky water like Slowbro or Suicune, and blow them away with a high BP Bloom Doom. Since Z-Crystals can't be knocked off, Arcanine also makes a pretty decent check to Weavile if rocks are out of the way, although you might want to substitute Fire Spin for Morning Sun if you're particularly weak to that mon. Intimidate to bluff a defensive set and take hits better, with Flamethrower as STAB and HP Ice for Dragons. The moveset and EVs are pretty flexible tbh, but I like Max Sp.Atk because 1.) It's simple 2.) People sleep on Arcanine's base 100 Sp.Atk, but a Rash Nature can be used if you want to go mixed. A Sp.Atk boosting nature is pretty important though because it ensures you can OHKO the things you should be luring in.
Coincidentally, Arcanine can blow through things that give MAero a ton of trouble, and MAero is definitely the mega of choice for UU atm with things like ZardY and Torn-T running around. With these 2 staples alone you can cover a lot of the really crazy things running around right now and ease up teambuilding a bit. I'm really liking Gengar too, even if Weavile gives it hell right now.

Hey guys, I have a question. Is Dhelmise any good?

I've heards good things about it.

It's has 3 different STABS, it's Attack is pretty high, it's Defense and Sp. Def aren't too shabby as well. Assault Vest on this thing is an interesting idea.

It can also learn Rapid Spin, so it's a Spinner and Spin Blocker at the same time, which is also interesting.

As a Gen VII Pokemon, it's not as good as Toxapex, but it does have some potential from the battles I've watched.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Dhelmise on UU.

Edited by Water Mage

I've heards good things about it.

It's has 3 different STABS, it's Attack is pretty high, it's Defense and Sp. Def aren't too shabby as well. Assault Vest on this thing is an interesting idea.

It can also learn Rapid Spin, so it's a Spinner and Spin Blocker at the same time, which is also interesting.

As a Gen VII Pokemon, it's not as good as Toxapex, but it does have some potential from the battles I've watched.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Dhelmise on UU.

I love its design, so I hope it's good ;)

Does anyone else find koko a bit overrated? I honestly find both Bulu and Lele much more trouble to fight than it. I'm also having way more success with Lele than I had when i used Koko.

It's way overrated, both in Singles and VGC.

Bulu's overrated too imo, but maybe that's because I've been running Turtonator recently. It walls Bulu entirely.

Yet another episode of "i use broken pokemon and got rewarded in a Stall match up"

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankou-503116163

IDK i kinda want to make Silvally work really hard lol. I think my best bet is FlameBeam + MA -> Parting Shot but eh, haven't face as much success as the original Silvally Pory Zygarde squad

I was watching some battles and holy crap, did I ever understimate Alola Persian.

It's actually a pretty interesting Pokemon, and Z-Parting Shot is an incredible way to turn things around, especially in a 3 vs 3 battle.

Edited by Water Mage

So Genesect is finally up on the chopping block for a suspect test, and it's about time too lol. I'm genuinely surprised they didn't just go the quickban route to be honest, since let's be real here, it's getting banned. Would anyone be willing to help me test out a team I threw together for the suspect ladder? For those of you who don't know there's a match limit of 70 for this one and I built the team around I style I don't usually play lol. I'm more of an Offense kinda guy and this one is a bit bulkier than what I'm used to. It's not Sable+5 Pink things I promise haha.

So Genesect is finally up on the chopping block for a suspect test, and it's about time too lol. I'm genuinely surprised they didn't just go the quickban route to be honest, since let's be real here, it's getting banned. Would anyone be willing to help me test out a team I threw together for the suspect ladder? For those of you who don't know there's a match limit of 70 for this one and I built the team around I style I don't usually play lol. I'm more of an Offense kinda guy and this one is a bit bulkier than what I'm used to. It's not Sable+5 Pink things I promise haha.

Huh. Lemme guess - it's being suspected for the same reasons it was booted to Ubers last gen.

Huh. Lemme guess - it's being suspected for the same reasons it was booted to Ubers last gen.

If by "same reasons" you mean "it's still way too good" then yeah, you got it :p super unpredictable as ever and it has about 10 different sets it can run, all equally deadly. Not to mention the only way to beat it is to hope that a) your opponent misplays or b) pivot into 4 different things to find all its coverage moves, but by then you've taken so much chip damage it may be too late.

If by "same reasons" you mean "it's still way too good" then yeah, you got it :p super unpredictable as ever and it has about 10 different sets it can run, all equally deadly. Not to mention the only way to beat it is to hope that a) your opponent misplays or b) pivot into 4 different things to find all its coverage moves, but by then you've taken so much chip damage it may be too late.

Long story short, I was thinking pretty much that for those reasons. Edited by Levant Mir Celestia