Sun and Moon Competitive Discussion

ZoesMad

Talon is by far the most exagerated mon last gen seriously

Theres busted ass mon like Mega Medi, Zard Y, Lop-Metagross-Diancie trio, Keldeo, Thunder Wave, Thunder Wave, Thunder Wave, and Thunder Wave and people complain about Offensive Talonflame of all things

Tapu Lele alone would curbed a lot of Talonflame's usage since the most common Talonflame set only runs Brave Bird as their offensive move

Edited by JSND

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YKGViE.jpgHaDtPj.jpg
With just 252 Speed EV's.
N7VgNx.jpg
-----
tXX6j1.jpgkd2npI.jpg
tlwF2e.jpg
-----
nbTt6O.jpgvkeSBI.jpg
iFuygb.jpg
With it invested. No level up.
56 Attk
202 Sp.Attk
252 Speed
-----
vyp7z0.jpgz7wTx2.jpg
e5L5MD.jpgqW4NZk.jpg
With no invested EV's. Base stats.

Going to put up others shortly when I get their EV's fixed(Used them for Main Game Story) and showing off Tapu Koko's level up with the gains it gets at level 61.

wNNRLi.jpgqWxmSR.jpg
0bCU0j.jpgS4ZIDt.jpg

Even the other weather cannot cancel it out. So Dastard Groudon and Kyogre cannot cancel it out either, but Rayquaza can. -.-
Edited by PuffPuff

I tired building a defensively minded Kommo-o (an Impish with 252 hp/252 SpD has pretty balanced defenses on both sides), but it didn't work out very well.

I am running Weakness Policy with it, along with dragon dance. Boost my attk, along with speed, get hit with a super effective (but not enough to kill me, I was playing in battle tree) and activate weakness policy and continue from that. However I found that he just doesn't hit hard enough. The best physical move he gets is clanging scales... his strongest fighting stab is bad, since sky uppercut is not that reliable (90 accuracy for 85 bp >_> really?)... Brick break for him it is, unfortunately it just doesn't feel like Kommo-o has enough oomph. Even after 1 or 2 dragon dances, or 1 DD + WP...

How should i build this thing? Should i just go adamant DD with 252HP/252Atk? And what about abilities? What is best? I currently have bullet proof, but i haven't encountered any situation in which any of his abilities would be useful really.

Edited by SlayerX

Kommo-o would actually be so sick if it just got Drain Punch. I would maybe do this

Kommo-o @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpD / 96 Spe or 120 HP / 252 SpD / 136 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Substitute
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
Substitute + Bulk Up to be really obnoxious to kill and dodge status. DClaw for STAB and Earthquake to cover Steels except Skarmory/Celesteela (but Celesteela can't touch you). Max SpD since Kommo-o actually has awesome defenses and Bulk Up covers you on the Physical side. 96 Spe lets you outspeed everything up to Base 65 where 136 Spe lets you grab Base 70's as well.
Idk if Overcoat is legal but maybe go for that one to troll Grass types who want to Sleep Powder / (Stun) Spore etc. All the abilities are situational though
Edited by Deltre

Kommo-o would actually be so sick if it just got Drain Punch. I would maybe do this

Kommo-o @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpD / 96 Spe or 120 HP / 252 SpD / 136 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Substitute
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
Substitute + Bulk Up to be really obnoxious to kill and dodge status. DClaw for STAB and Earthquake to cover Steels except Skarmory/Celesteela (but Celesteela can't touch you). Max SpD since Kommo-o actually has awesome defenses and Bulk Up covers you on the Physical side. 96 Spe lets you outspeed everything up to Base 65 where 136 Spe lets you grab Base 70's as well.
Idk if Overcoat is legal but maybe go for that one to troll Grass types who want to Sleep Powder / (Stun) Spore etc. All the abilities are situational though

I didn't go for Bulk up, because of his lack of recovery. It will just get wrecked and won't be able to set up...

Drain punch would be a boon, but alas, i guess we have to wait for the next version to get it ;_;

Did Genesect finally get b&?

But why...? D:

It was unbanned awhile ago. Guess there is no way to manipulate it's download unless you really know your EV's to get it to have it's boost in the wrong place.

But why...? D:

It was unbanned awhile ago. Guess there is no way to manipulate it's download unless you really know your EV's to get it to have it's boost in the wrong place.

Simply put, it's too unpredictable - aside from U-turn, which is practically ubiquitous on Genesect sets, it can run a boatload of moves, which basically means you're hard pressed to check it, and while trying to figure out its moveset (assuming the player doesn't just click U-turn, which doesn't have the worry of running into immunities that Volt Switch does), it's breaking your face. It doesn't help matters that Genesect has only ONE WEAKNESS! (And said weakness is a type that hates Stealth Rock) Oh, and Download does have a part in this - it has the moveocean and offensive stats to take advantage of either boost. Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Tapu lele nerfed all priority

RIP Deltre 1993-2017 killed by Nobody's avatar/quote combination x)

And yeah Jenny got banned, which is great. I thought it would be a lot closer based on how people were talking in the suspect thread, but it turns out that people who got reqs for the most part knew that thing was garbo and needed to go. Who knew.

Theres also a flawless answer to priority

Playing Stall

*10 more minutes, mom!

Stall makes me legitimately sad on an almost otherworldly level. Even mentioning the word "Stall" tends to induce a minor form of PTSD. True story I sat around staring at my screen for about 5 minutes before finishing this comment because Stall is so frustrating to play that it effects me for days after the match even occurs.

Crabominable has no switch ins but you can't really use that unless you play Trick Room. I think it will be really good in lower tiers, and I lowkey hope it goes NU since I played Trick Room almost exclusively down there.

The thing about Genesect is that its the ONLY Download pokemon who can use both side of the boost. Yes the only other download is Porygon Z(physical Porygon OP) but what this means is, regardless of what you do, whenever you use Genesect you get Deoxys with 99 Speed

The really cool/annoying thing about Genesect right now is really everyone realize Scarf Genesect is pretty fucking bad, so they use the Shift gear set(this is dumb) and the mixed set(this can potentially beat the entire meta)

Stall makes me legitimately sad on an almost otherworldly level. Even mentioning the word "Stall" tends to induce a minor form of PTSD. True story I sat around staring at my screen for about 5 minutes before finishing this comment because Stall is so frustrating to play that it effects me for days after the match even occurs.

Local Weavile fanboy suffer depression and Weavile allergy out of playing against Stall

Edited by JSND

69hX11.jpgXOlglI.jpg
Fp7KQD.jpg2MKdUj.jpg
Smogon's suggestion entirely. EV's will be the same. Except for the Extrasensory since it causes flinching in addition to getting damaged sometimes. Their Suggestion is Psychic which is also not a bad idea.
EJqU9q.jpgwvb0BK.jpg
MhQc3I.jpg
He has not got hit at all throughout the game so far. Use this set, or weep. :D
kcVjzx.jpgY0kAfl.jpg
JuOcPo.jpgJQAB4T.jpg
Smogon's set suggestion nearly except For Nature Power since it'll turn into Moonblasts upon the terrain being on the field. It's EV's will be exactly the same as Smogon's upon the Bold set. ;)
awi29j.jpg83Gr3P.jpg
ryhWZs.jpgoMT41p.jpg
Ev's
252 Attk
252 Speed
6 Sp.Def/HP
Horn Leech so it can longer it's stay in the battlefield. Swords Dance would do better than Bulk Up as it needs it's better Attk NOW instead of later. Megahorn needed for powerful Psychics. Stone Edge to clip Ho-Oh's wings after a Sword's Dance boost.
aZJOad.jpgqUE4XO.jpg
PKnsAf.jpg
wIGMbe.jpg7q6AYG.jpg
xxMbEh.jpg
sT2tHe.jpgLwnFeU.jpg
xS4Bwi.jpg
1fbdM8.jpgMf3ctN.jpg
rSVC0h.jpg
0ZaDvt.jpgm3qzWH.jpg
VZWmJc.jpg
vaxgpr.jpgBFsYMa.jpg
q8kJRj.jpg
4qvFJs.jpgy8wxvM.jpg
9m2egN.jpg
pz6ZSA.jpgWJux9E.jpg
h0Kx0X.jpg
4OjGgC.jpgGvhopO.jpg
4L99m7.jpg
Other contenders as they are already ready.
l3ErFf.jpgmHunKA.jpg
P0qDQT.jpggWv1lF.jpg
Smogon's suggestion entirely. Except that I'm giving it Protect instead of a Poison Move since it is needed to check in for Physical attacks upon switch ins so that you don't lose it in combat before switching her out. The EV's will be of Smogon's suggestion entirely.
555J9z.jpgBeD7lc.jpg
3mXW1s.jpgxGW9Ox.jpg
252 Sp.Def
248 HP
10 Def
Going with this for...
To have it Sp.Def as much as possible along with the Assault Vest and that Leech Life is needed to keep it healthy throughout the battle. Thunder Punch would appreciate great support from anyone who lays out Electric Terrains. Earthquake is needed to check in safely with Mega Gengar and Mega Groudon. Ice Punch for Mega Salamance and Groudon(Untransformed).
ONPofF.jpg27V2dl.jpg
pOoJNy.jpgQlLPNs.jpg
This is Smogon's suggesting entirely only except I'd recommend Poison Jab over Toxic as Xernas can Aromathrapy it and that Poison Jab also will dmg them. The Ev's are going to be from Smogon entirely.
1jUCOh.jpgGzBP3I.jpg
rG6ga1.jpgZwB1k5.jpg
5dioAq.jpg8tvD7f.jpg
E1vveH.jpgtpy5LU.jpg
EV's
252 Sp.Attk
252 Speed
6 Def
Discharge for an all out attack and the Grimies in Persona Revelations will awaken with it's Electric Terrains. Others are explanatory for the Hidden Power being Dark needing it to one shot anything that it weakens too after some Beast Boosts.
zGCeHl.jpgGpxUaj.jpg
RIZ7Bn.jpgSi1WYd.jpg
RV3euD.jpg7RnucU.jpg
f7bL7u.jpg8587Qa.jpg
rNAhXO.jpg9iRF4N.jpg
0dGpqv.jpge9UcnX.jpg
JL5eJo.jpgJoKEer.jpg
bZ4RYq.jpgGe4RVg.jpg
Upon them...
252 Attk
252 Speed
6 Sp.Def
The Somewhat vain one will get this...
252 Sp.Def
252 Speed
6 Attk
Their sets are as they should be...
Detect for incoming Sp.Attks and switching if one is used. Gulltine to easily set up it's Beast Boost. Other are explanitory as the Fighting one ignores Defensive boosts as well as the other two Night Slash and Leaf Blade offer high crits as well as Leaf Blade being overkill for it's typing.
UJQCLl.jpgXG6ECm.jpg
yglPWp.jpgArrbeM.jpg
EV's
252 Sp.Attk
129 Def
129 Sp.Def
Dark Pulse for it granting 120 base power and will 20% flinch survivors. Gastro Acid to stop their abilities from working. Sleep Talk so it cannot get conked out upon sleeping moves. EQ for a powerful attack and to 0HKO Mega Gengar.
g8AjdO.jpgf4JdF7.jpg
r4EpvG.jpgvVlsrO.jpg
EV's
158 Sp.Def
252 Sp.Attk
100 Spd
Reason for the large investment in Sp.Def is for to further stack it with an Assault Vest. It's ability cannot be cancelled by Mold Breaker as Serebii does not have that following ability listed there.
Prismatic Laser to 0HKO Mega Gengar upon the switch in which Psychic will fail to 0HKO Sp.Def variant ones. ;D It'll also incinerate other Poisons as it simply won't be a battle at all against them. Just simply an end. Charge Beam to further it's productivity while getting away with the boosts alongside the Assault Vest. Power Gem needed to pop Ho-Oh and Lugia upon the switch in. Hidden Power(Drgn) for Resihram and Zekrom as their abilities cannot nullify this fellas ability. :D
IU0Khf.jpg69g1aE.jpg
50Ow6y.jpgjiAJuk.jpg
DHVAG5.jpg
Ev's
Smogon's.
This is actually the set that I am getting her...
-Volt Switch
-Fleur Cannon
-Aura Sphere
-Flash Cannon
Volt Switch for a nuke without taking any dmg in retaliation. Fleur cannon for a Nuke. Aura Sphere to bypass Double Team users. Flash Cannon to give it a Steelium-Z to more easily have her set up and activating Soul Heart.

Going to be my contenders from the seventh Generation in game facilities and online.

Thanks to some Sycranise Abras from breeding got them their recommended natures after 3/4's a day. ;)

Edited by PuffPuff

Why is everyone on Smogon saying that Nidoqueen > Nidoking because Queen is not only bulkier but somehow "hits harder"?

What does she hit harder when Nidoking has better offence in both stats, is faster, and runs the same exact moves and abilities (most importantly, Sheer Force)?

Why is everyone on Smogon saying that Nidoqueen > Nidoking because Queen is not only bulkier but somehow "hits harder"?

What does she hit harder when Nidoking has better offence in both stats, is faster, and runs the same exact moves and abilities (most importantly, Sheer Force)?

Well, Nidoking definitely hits harder so I don't know why anyone would say otherwise! If I had to guess, I would assume that they mean to say that you get more bang for your buck with Queen, which is debatable, but a little more accurate. For example, King might hit harder, but since Queen is bulkier you have a better chance of taking a hit then retaliating in a lot of situations where King would just drop before getting off any damage. Since neither is particularly fast, the ability to avoid KOs with Queen might make it seem as though she's more of an offensive threat for the simple reason that she has more opportunities to attack without getting instantly KO'd.

Huh last i checked Nidoking is actually considered better

The joke about that is basically speed tier. Nidoking happen to be just fast enough that you dont want to run it without +speed while Nidoqueen can afford to run Modest

Its a joke along the lines of Drudiggon is stronger than Mega Rayquaza since Mega Rayquaza is slightly stronger then Drudiggon but desperately needs Jolly to retain speed tier

I derped on the whole modest Queen thing. That makes sense lol.

Queen>King tier wise because Poison/Ground carries a very useful set of resistances that Queen can better capitalize on combined with her natural bulk, allowing you to more easily take on things like Doublade and Mienshao repeatedly whereas King would be worn down more quickly. Queen also made for a good Stealth Rocker with actual offensive presence, being able to run LO for damage or Black Sludge for reliability. She also makes better use of T-Spikes, if that's your thing. Base 85 Speed while okay, doesn't make up for the loss of beef since both Nidoking and Nidoqueen find themselves outsped by plenty of things that can KO them pretty easily, but Queen takes the edge for being able to take neutral hits a bit better giving you less to fear against something like Rotom-H or Hydreigon.