Some squicky fridge logic

Jotari

So in Revelations its revealed that Gunter is being possessed by Anankos. Despite being foreshadowed for several chapters this plot twist really isn't all that big and is pretty soon forgotten. However giving it some more thought and it's really weird. I assume it happened during Gunter's first trip to Valla at the start of the game. Either that or it was years ago an Garon's offer of Dragon Blood was physically forced after the initial refusal. Point is it was likely before the route split which would mean Gunther is being controlled by Anankos in Conquest too. Where you can marry him with the avatar. It's later revealed that Anankos is the Avatar's father which means they've gone the full haul and have made it so you can marry your father (which I'm pretty sure is the sole reason Validar wasn't resurrected to fight with the player in Awakening).

In Birthright/ Conquest, Anankos possesed Takumi instead of Gunter. In Revelation, Takumi does not fall into the Bottomless Canyon, instead he is captured by Zola's forces. So, in Conquest, Gunter is Anankos free.

I'm a little confused. Like, it makes sense, but in Conquest, Gunter is still there (in Valla) first... So why possess Takumi when Gunter was already there?

I'm a little confused. Like, it makes sense, but in Conquest, Gunter is still there (in Valla) first... So why possess Takumi when Gunter was already there?

Because Azura teaches him how to avoid the Vallite forces, so he's able to avoid being possessed. But in Revelations she immediately joins your party before she can do so.

That doesn't make much sense. In revelations they reach and extract Gunter from Valla much earlier. That means the only opportunity to possess him is when they're jumping into the gorge in which case he takes control of him very quickly since by that point he's already doing the whole I am the forgotten god schtick.

That doesn't make much sense. In revelations they reach and extract Gunter from Valla much earlier. That means the only opportunity to possess him is when they're jumping into the gorge in which case he takes control of him very quickly since by that point he's already doing the whole I am the forgotten god schtick.

I guess a couple days passed between chapters 4 & 5, as Corrin need to think things over for a few days

In CQ Azura entered the lake at some point after Ch 6 and met Gunter. In Rev, while they do meet up with him in an earlier chapter, the timeframe of them going from Hoshido to the Bottomless Canyon is a much longer amount of time than Azuza going back to the Hoshidan palace, therefore Gunter has no help for longer. Assuming like in CQ Gunter was constantly fighting Vallite forces, he would've eventually been captured without Azura's help.

It wasn't already squicky to romance your grandpa/dad figure?

Haha. Well played.

My thought on "Why Takumi vs Gunter in Conquest?" is that Anankos thought that Takumi would be a better pawn to hunt and kill the Avatar instead of Gunter.

There might not be any psychological reason behind it. Merely Anankos needed a human host and Gunter was the first person he grabbed in one scenario and Takumi was in the other. What I'm personally questioning now is the time frame of events. I've been assuming Revelations takes place over a longer period of time since the Eclipse never seems to happen during Birthright or Conquest yet if that's the case then it means Gunther was possessed for longer than Takumi yet they were able to save Gunter and Takumi was written off as a complete lost cause.

Who would you choose as your pawn ? A strong but old dad-Jeigan, or your arrogant, but skilled and young archer of a brother (that you don't even know jack about) with a freaking legendary weapon ?

... Though I think that even without Takumi, there were better option than Gunther.

It wasn't already squicky to romance your grandpa/dad figure?

No.

I want to romance my biological mom and my biological dad. :p

There might not be any psychological reason behind it. Merely Anankos needed a human host and Gunter was the first person he grabbed in one scenario and Takumi was in the other. What I'm personally questioning now is the time frame of events. I've been assuming Revelations takes place over a longer period of time since the Eclipse never seems to happen during Birthright or Conquest yet if that's the case then it means Gunther was possessed for longer than Takumi yet they were able to save Gunter and Takumi was written off as a complete lost cause.

I'm guessing that it had something to do with how vulnerable they were. Takumi was an easy target for possession because of his emotional fragility. It made him easy to influence and control.

Also, Takumi is a lost cause in Conquest because by the time they realize that he's possessed, Anankos already forced him to kill himself so he could take over. He's just a shell at that point.

I'm guessing that it had something to do with how vulnerable they were. Takumi was an easy target for possession because of his emotional fragility. It made him easy to influence and control.

Also, Takumi is a lost cause in Conquest because by the time they realize that he's possessed, Anankos already forced him to kill himself so he could take over. He's just a shell at that point.

Remember, Gunter didn't get captured in Conquest like he supposedly did in Rev thanks to Azura teaching him how to avoid the Vallite forces. That's why Gunter isn't possessed in Conquest, but is in Revelations.

Also, yeah, by the time they get to Endgame, Takumi is literally dead, and Anankos us using his body like a puppet. In Revelations, Gunter is still alive while Anankos is controlling him.

I'd assume he killed Takumi but not Gunter because of some reason relating to the Fujin Yumi, or perhaps Takumi was resisting.

The other reason he was able to even get into Takumi was because of his unstable emotions and want for revenge against Corrin, just like Iago took advantage of him in Birthright only it wasn't just controlling magic, he actually put himself into Takumi's body.