I wish Beerus was the strongest

Junkhead

Like, the actual strongest. No "always a bigger fish" bullshit. I mean, I can totally accept Whis, his atendee, being stronger. But, liek, that's about it. With DBS, they keep introducing these "higher gods" and they're making him look like a wuss. Hell, Whis looks like a wuss next to this one new alien dude who's supposedly Top 5 in the multi-verse (according to Whis, himself).

The series is literally all about power, but I think there should be some kind of limit, otherwise it just feels like one of those SSJ5 fanfics, or something.

Like, the actual strongest. No "always a bigger fish" bullshit. I mean, I can totally accept Whis, his atendee, being stronger. But, liek, that's about it. With DBS, they keep introducing these "higher gods" and they're making him look like a wuss. Hell, Whis looks like a wuss next to this one new alien dude who's supposedly Top 5 in the multi-verse (according to Whis, himself).

The series is literally all about power, but I think there should be some kind of limit, otherwise it just feels like one of those SSJ5 fanfics, or something.

Who is the strongest this week?

I put it down a while ago, so I'm out of touch.

You know you're like 10 years too late on this. Majin Buu was "omg he's powerful enough to destroy the planet" even though vegeta was capable of that towards the start of the series. Sure, more powerful villains can do it faster, but...

EDIT-I just made up the time, it's possible you're like 15 or 20 years late.

Edited by HELP

uh, this is what the series has been doing since dragon ball was just a story about a sun wukong child wannabe, and it's something shounens of that time did a lot

, how is that a surprise

You know you're like 10 years too late on this. Majin Buu was "omg he's powerful enough to destroy the planet" even though vegeta was capable of that towards the start of the series. Sure, more powerful villains can do it faster, but...

the issue wasn't Buu being able to blow up the planet. Even Fat Buu could do that. The issue was that he was insane enough to do it without a motive for hesitation to stop him (Fat Buu wanted to have fun, Super Buu wanted to fight then maybe explode the planet like Cell).

Edited by Rapier

it's funny how super has a shitty concept but cool application in practice while GT had a cool concept but a shitty application in practice

SSJ4 is still better than SSJ God

lynch the fanboys

##Vote: Fanboy

You don't fucking fuck with Beerus, that's the point.

also, Kai, always appreciated but- Ein's actually one of the few that supports me, LOL.

it's funny how super has a shitty concept but cool application in practice while GT had a cool concept but a shitty application in practice

That's a funny way to see it.

To be honest, SSJB is pretty badass. It just really freaking sucks they're falling behind as soon as the transformation came out. Can you believe, that after 20 years, it's stil a trend for Vegeta to get his ass handed to him by the latest villain? It literally happened last week.

Edited by Soul~!

The hierarchy of power in the Dragon verse has always been kind of bs, the "non catchup only Goku & Vegeta matter" dealilo is getting old remember back in Dragon Ball when everyone mattered, or Z somewhat where mostly everyone kind of mattered? It was getting old in the Buu Saga and Super keeps running with it, although this latest arc has been ok at least.

Like, the actual strongest. No "always a bigger fish" bullshit.

However this has been a theme of the series since Roshi beat Goku in the first tournament in Dragon Ball, its a lesson he told Goku to take to heart.

It'll probably end with Goku & Vegeta surpassing Beerus & Whis just like how Goku surpassed Kami back in Dragon Ball, and was offered the title of Kami, (which he refused) and then we'll go to the end of Z where Goku fights Uub, because Super is taking place before that somehow.

I'm less on the limitation thing as I am:

To be honest, SSJB is pretty badass. It just really freaking sucks they're falling behind as soon as the transformation came out. Can you believe, that after 20 years, it's stil a trend for Vegeta to get his ass handed to him by the latest villain? It literally happened last week.

This.

Just once would I like to see Vegeta not get his ass served to him by a villain, I know it's a pipe dream, but still.

lynch the fanboys

##Vote: Fanboy

I didn't really watch GT. What's its central concept? The characters being kids again?

You should just think of the "stronger character" thing as a necessary evil. What is Goku going to do - beat Beerus and then fight a villain who's weaker than him?

I DB could try and make a tricky and intelligent villain who wins through guile and sneakiness, but that sort of wouldn't work in DB considering that a villain who's too weak wouldn't really be able to scratch the Z fighters.

I think the cell saga probably did the best job of having a villain who advanced in power throughout the story (as opposed to freiza, who was just revealing his true power). I guess the buu saga did this as well.

yeah, the guy has BEER in his name. what the fuckn DBS?

You're talking about a series that has character named after undergarments. The standards aren't very high. Edited by Ϲharlie

You should just think of the "stronger character" thing as a necessary evil. What is Goku going to do - beat Beerus and then fight a villain who's weaker than him?

I DB could try and make a tricky and intelligent villain who wins through guile and sneakiness, but that sort of wouldn't work in DB considering that a villain who's too weak wouldn't really be able to scratch the Z fighters.

I think the cell saga probably did the best job of having a villain who advanced in power throughout the story (as opposed to freiza, who was just revealing his true power). I guess the buu saga did this as well.

it could get the yu yu hakusho part 4 treatment

for those who know it, that's ok

Yusuke gets strong but never manages to surpass the strongest demon guy, despite overcoming many overpowered foes and doing his best (iirc he gets close to beating him but fails).

for those who don't, I'm not going to spoil (and thus my post was useless, but that's ok).

Edited by Rapier

Frost apparently sort of did that in the Tournament Saga, even if he wasn't an actual villain (and he was, like, SSJ1.5 level at best). Hit also seemed to be sort of the case. Like, he didn't pack raw power, just a BS power and having just enough strength to actually hurt Vegeta and Goku...and taking a stupid amount of damage that would've probably killed him at least a thousand times.

Literally yes.

Though, with regards to Freiza, I'm under the impression that he kinda grew into the power he had on Namek, kind of like Broly in a sense. I ended up liking Freiza more because he actually trained when he revived, instead of just reviving with more power.