Fire Emblem PoR HD?

AmericanBuizel

Yeah, I know, I'm just paranoid.

Ugh, that would just make FE10's already sub-par writing (blood pact) worse... Now I'm even more paranoid...

Don't worry, they fit the avatar flawlessly into RD.

There's a kid that was raised by the Greil Mercs, but they find out they were actually the child of a romance between the previous apostle and Elincia's father.

At the beginning of RD, there's some bonus chapters that show the avatar being tricked into making a Blood Pact forcing them to play match-maker to soldiers whenever possible. The Avatar can also have as many husbands or wives as they want, having babies with any and all of them.

Shortly after, the avatar meets up with their half-sister Micaiah, and leads her to victory in countless battles. The Dawn Brigade says how great a strategist you are, and they couldn't have done it without you.

Soon after the DB claims victory, Elincia hears about you, and invites her half-sibling over, just in time for the civil war. Again, your strategy is the only thing that led Crimea to victory.

After that Ike misses his adoptive siblings, and insists you rejoin them. Soren even says that he just can't make good battle plans without you. This goes well until you meet up with the Dawn Brigade. The Blood Pact maker returns and says you should maximize your match-making potential by switching sides every other battle. Shinon gets annoyed by your constant rebetrayal, but Ike and Micaiah just shrug it off by Avatar being Avatar, and admit they can't win battles without you anyway.

Part 4 then proceeds as normal, except the Avatar must be the one to deliver the final blow, instead of Ike. The tales of the Avatar's brilliance are sung for ages, before they mysteriously disappear one day, never to be seen again.

I should also mention that children characters will be back. This time, there's a curse going around Tellius, that causes all new babies to be born as 20 year olds, so they're ready for battle immediately.

Glac, I hope I've eased your fears over the remake for RD, showing how the writers will seamlessly fit the avatar and children unit concept into a potential RD remake.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rezzy, that sounds really stupid and hardly "fitting an avatar flawlessly into RD." I even want to think you're just making a big joke.

Yeah, it's a joke. I tried to make it as awful as possible.

Yeah, it's a joke. I tried to make it as awful as possible.

Oh, okay. It was a bit amusing either way though. lol

I honestly don't want an Avatar or anything in the PoR and RD remakes either. Because of certain things in the story like Soren existing, it just wouldn't be possible to put one in without seriously fucking everything up. Soren is already a tactician, why do we need another? The Avatar, at best, would have to be a random new recruit in the Crimean army or Greil Mercs or something with little to no impact on the story and at that point it would just feel forced and pointless.

In fact, I think the only good thing that would come out of a disaster like this for me where Avatars, marriage, and children were somehow implemented in it is that it would surely allow Ike and Elincia to get a pairing and this is NOT how I want it to become possible. I'm not sacrificing a good story and writing just to be able to get my OTP. No way, that's not cool. I'd rather Geoffrey x Elincia became 100% canon! No, I'm serious.

Edited by Anacybele

Oh, okay. It was a bit amusing either way though. lol

I honestly don't want an Avatar or anything in the PoR and RD remakes either. Because of certain things in the story like Soren existing, it just wouldn't be possible to put one in without seriously fucking everything up. Soren is already a tactician, why do we need another? The Avatar, at best, would have to be a random new recruit in the Crimean army or Greil Mercs or something with little to no impact on the story and at that point it would just feel forced and pointless.

In fact, I think the only good thing that would come out of a disaster like this for me where Avatars, marriage, and children were somehow implemented in it is that it would surely allow Ike and Elincia to get a pairing and this is NOT how I want it to become possible. I'm not sacrificing a good story and writing just to be able to get my OTP. No way, that's not cool. I'd rather Geoffrey x Elincia became 100% canon! No, I'm serious.

Yeah I pretty much agree.

Sacrificing overall quality for Rolf/Mist? No thanks. Adding an avatar, marriage during the campaign, and children would be so forced, annoyingly incompetent, and pander-y that I'll gladly take the original version of FE10 even though it only lets Mist have a paired ending with Boyd.

Yeah, exactly. Give me slightly updated games with HD graphics, the cut PoR supports, some new VAs (except Jason Adkins, of course. As long as he can keep voicing our favorite blue-haired mercenary commander, he will, it looks like! ^^), a little updated writing, a PoR support system for RD, additional paired endings, and Amiibo support and I'll gladly accept this. It wouldn't be as much work or money as a full blown remake with Avatars and crap either, I bet!

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, exactly. Give me slightly updated games with HD graphics, the cut PoR supports, some new VAs (except Jason Adkins, of course. As long as he can keep voicing our favorite blue-haired mercenary commander, he will, it looks like! ^^), a little updated writing, a PoR support system for RD, additional paired endings, and Amiibo support and I'll gladly accept this. It wouldn't be as much work or money as a full blown remake with Avatars and crap either, I bet!

I'd say... Update the graphics, fix the game balance (which FE10 failed at, horribly), but otherwise leave the game alone.

I feel like writing a bunch of FE10 supports would be a lot of work, though not as much as bending over backward with oddly contrived plot devices to make an Avatar work. FE10's story has problems, but I don't really trust IS to not break it further and make it worse than it already is if it gets fiddled with.

I wouldn't mind Amiibo support though, if it isn't involved in the plot and is just a silly bonus. I've got a Roy and Marth amiibo in addition to the three Link-related ones and Pittoo, so it'd be fun to bring them along even though it makes no sense.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

I'd say... Update the graphics, fix the game balance (which FE10 failed at, horribly), but otherwise leave the game alone.

I feel like writing a bunch of FE10 supports would be a lot of work, though not as much as bending over backward with oddly contrived plot devices to make an Avatar work. FE10's story has problems, but I don't really trust IS to not break it further and make it worse than it already is if it gets fiddled with.

I wouldn't mind Amiibo support though, if it isn't involved in the plot and is just a silly bonus. I've got a Roy and Marth amiibo in addition to the three Link-related ones and Pittoo, so it'd be fun to bring them along even though it makes no sense.

They could focus on supports that make sense, and only give everyone 3-4 supports, with the exception of the major characters, which wouldn't be as crazy as giving everyone supports for everyone.

I want my Soren x Micaiah support, but yeah, I don't want to gut the story to do so. (Although, come to think of it, Soren and Micaiah can't even be in the same party until Endgame. But that's another thing that bothers me about RD. I wish they nixed the splitting up thing in part 4, it was a pretty flimsy reason to keep splitting up the party.)

They could focus on supports that make sense, and only give everyone 3-4 supports, with the exception of the major characters, which wouldn't be as crazy as giving everyone supports for everyone.

I want my Soren x Micaiah support, but yeah, I don't want to gut the story to do so. (Although, come to think of it, Soren and Micaiah can't even be in the same party until Endgame. But that's another thing that bothers me about RD. I wish they nixed the splitting up thing in part 4, it was a pretty flimsy reason to keep splitting up the party.)

I'd imagine Soren and Micaiah could have a really interesting dynamic in supports and feel like it was a missed opportunity, so I would like supports to be added, I just don't trust IS about it.

I feel like they'd go the pander route, basically.

And yeah the split army was kinda dumb.

Yeah, I agree with Rezzy. If everyone only gets 3-4 supports, maybe a couple more depending on the character (I can see Ike with five or six like in PoR, for instance. Micaiah would have that many too, I imagine), it might not be as much work as it looks like.

And of course, the Amiibo support would be optional content that has nothing to do with the plot and all. I imagine Marth, Robin, Corrin, Roy, and Lucina would allow you to add them to your party like in Fates while Ike can unlock a trial map and extra stats for Ike or something like that (yes, bring back PoR's trial maps too!).

And in addition, I would make special Elincia and Micaiah Amiibo that would also have similar functions as Ike, giving those two extra stats and trial maps or whatever! ^^ Oh, and a new Vanguard Ike Amiibo that functions as a standard Ike Amiibo, like all versions of Mario Amiibo act as Mario. I'd be so ecstatic for that!

Edited by Anacybele

I would like to see Trial Maps come back, yeah. To my knowledge only two games have them, them being FE6 and FE9.

Amiibo unlocking Trial Maps is actually kinda cool, maybe have each unlock a Chapter from their home game with enemy stats upped to endgame levels? Say, Star and Savior, The Neverending Dream, the Daein Keep map from FE9, I forget the name, Foreseer, um... something for Robin, and Conquest Chapter 10. Idk what to put for Robin.

...I'm still not sure why the only defend maps in 6 are trial maps whereas the entire main campaign except for Beyond the Darkness was seize. They clearly programmed some other victory conditions.

[amazing stuff]

This is amazing stuff.

However, you forgot the part where the avatar learns that, in fact, s/he isn't really related to Elincia and Micaiah, but rather a descendant of a formerly unknown fourth hero who fought alongside Soan, Altina and Dheginsea. That unknown hero was the only laguz in history that could transform in any known laguz form, be it beast, bird or dragon, and in a big traumatic scene the avatar discovers that s/he has had these powers all along!

More importantly, now it's perfectly fine to bang both Lincy and Miccy.

This is amazing stuff.

However, you forgot the part where the avatar learns that, in fact, s/he isn't really related to Elincia and Micaiah, but rather a descendant of a formerly unknown fourth hero who fought alongside Soan, Altina and Dheginsea. That unknown hero was the only laguz in history that could transform in any known laguz form, be it beast, bird or dragon, and in a big traumatic scene the avatar discovers that s/he has had these powers all along!

More importantly, now it's perfectly fine to bang both Lincy and Miccy.

Well of course!

Also, once we see said scene, it is never brought up again, even though it would seem to be important.

I should also mention that children characters will be back. This time, there's a curse going around Tellius, that causes all new babies to be born as 20 year olds, so they're ready for battle immediately.

I literally don't see the difference between this and Fates :P

And yeah, if they ever did a remake, please dear god update those voices. Maybe actually hire voice directors? (That's a joke).

But seriously, they were bad.

They need to have Jason Adkins voice Ike like he use to though, I felt that his voice in STEAM and Fates was way to high... he sounded kinda nerdy to me...

I actually really liked the voice for Elincia in PoF, it felt really down to earth, if they could bring back that actress I'd be happy. Her acting wasn't even that bad, and I'm sure that the parts that were cringe, where just because there wasn't a lot of effort put into dubbing the cut scenes.

I literally don't see the difference between this and Fates :P

The difference is the kids in Fates were actually born as 11 year olds rather than 20.

And let's be honest here, the children characters are OP. I mean, we already have Sothe and Tormod, two of the best characters in the game, so why not throw in more children units! Ashnard won't even know what to do.......

And let's be honest here, the children characters are OP. I mean, we already have Sothe and Tormod, two of the best characters in the game, so why not throw in more children units! Ashnard won't even know what to do.......

Sothe in PoR is pretty much universally agreed to be bad, but in fairness, he's decent in RD as your Jeigan in part 1.

Tormod is a bit underleveled in PoR when you get him, but can be decent if you pump him full of Bonus EXP when you get him. In RD, he just suffers from some of the worst availability in the game.

Sothe in PoR is pretty much universally agreed to be bad, but in fairness, he's decent in RD as your Jeigan in part 1.

Tormod is a bit underleveled in PoR when you get him, but can be decent if you pump him full of Bonus EXP when you get him. In RD, he just suffers from some of the worst availability in the game.

It was meant to be a joke, poking fun of the concept of children characters in PoR.

For Sothe, I still maxed that bastard out. I needed to make Radiant Dawn as easy as I could. I played that at a time before I actually looked how much damage a unit could do in a fight, and how much they can take.... Please don't ask me how I managed to survive Fire Emblem before that...

Tormod was adorable in RD, so maybe I'll actually attempt to make him usable in my next play through.... maybe...

It was meant to be a joke, poking fun of the concept of children characters in PoR.

And it was much appreciated! I'd be horrified if they added kids to these games, it barley makes sense in Fates!

But yeah, I know there's been talk of better voice acting in an ideal PoR/RD remake, but what would everyone think of extended voice acting, like in the newer games?

So, during dialogue sections the characters "half-voice" and make grunts every time they got something to say. I think I may be like, the only person to actually kinda like that. But I'd personally be indifferent if they went with it or not.

Though I love when the units talk during the actual battles, especially the critical hits! Plus I think the Tellius crew has so much personality that their critical hit sayings could potentially be really awesome. I would love to hear what Marcia would say.

Edited by PersonWithTime

For Sothe, I still maxed that bastard out. I needed to make Radiant Dawn as easy as I could. I played that at a time before I actually looked how much damage a unit could do in a fight, and how much they can take.... Please don't ask me how I managed to survive Fire Emblem before that...

Tormod was adorable in RD, so maybe I'll actually attempt to make him usable in my next play through.... maybe...

Don't worry; you're not alone there. I didn't even realize there were other stats than HP when I first played FE7. Don't ask how I missed that on level ups.

But yeah, I know there's been talk of better voice acting in an ideal PoR/RD remake, but what would everything think of extended voice acting, like in the newer games.

So, during dialogue sections the characters "half-voice" and make grunts every time they got something to say. I think I may be like, the only person to actually kinda like that. But I'd personally be indifferent if they went with it or not.

Though I love when the units talk during the actual battles, especially the critical hits! Plus I think the Tellius crew has so much personality that their critical hit sayings could potentially be really awesome. I would love to hear what Marcia would say.

I'm not particularly fond of the grunting, but half the time I play without sound so I wouldn't mind. The crit quotes would be awesome though :D: .

I would definitely want to see a less dumb Ike ranger animation.

It's a fairly big change, but I think it would be cool if the incorporated some of RD's gameplay into PoR, like ledges and how laguz transformations work, like being able to counter untransformed. I would want them to keep the fixed stat boosts instead of doubling when shifted though.

Definitely update the graphics and animations.

For supports, maybe have the characters still be able to support everyone, but have full supports for the characters with relationships, like Ike and Mist, with a few for each character, and the rest the generic ones.

Don't worry; you're not alone there. I didn't even realize there were other stats than HP when I first played FE7. Don't ask how I missed that on level ups.

I'm not particularly fond of the grunting, but half the time I play without sound so I wouldn't mind. The crit quotes would be awesome though :D: .

I would definitely want to see a less dumb Ike ranger animation.

It's a fairly big change, but I think it would be cool if the incorporated some of RD's gameplay into PoR, like ledges and how laguz transformations work, like being able to counter untransformed. I would want them to keep the fixed stat boosts instead of doubling when shifted though.

Definitely update the graphics and animations.

For supports, maybe have the characters still be able to support everyone, but have full supports for the characters with relationships, like Ike and Mist, with a few for each character, and the rest the generic ones.

Haha, wow that's hilarious! Yeah, I knew about the different stats, I just didn't understand them. My knowledge extended to "dings" the more "dings" I heard during the level up, the more I knew the character was better. That was my basic understanding.

I think I just released that I'm okay with the grunts because they do that for dialogue in EVERY single Mario game there every was, so I'm just use to it now :P

And you know, I didn't even think about adding changes to PoR that RD made. Like the ledges and the laguz, yeah that would be great things to add into an ideal PoR remake.

And yeah, I'd love to have Ike and Mist support, a matter of fact I'd like it if family members could have support conversations in general in the Tellius games. But I'd want them to keep a more traditional support system like the original PoR had. The new support system is great for the new games, but I don't want it taking over games that already use the traditional support system.

I'd definitely be down for full voice acting like in the newer games! I want to hear Kieran's voice so bad. lol And from the one or two grunts we only ever got out of Oscar and Boyd from the Lucia rescue scene, I really want to hear them speak too, I kinda liked them.

The only voices I thought were really bad in Tellius were Mist's (in both games, though PoR was slightly better. But they were so bad that I wish I could've recorded myself and replaced the clips with my own since I would fit the part. lol), Tibarn's (oh my god it's bad), and Mia's (that just didn't fit her, imo. It was far too feminine, which Mia definitely isn't. She's feels more tomboyish).

Everyone else sounded okay to me, Skrimir and Ike being the best voices, imo. Skrimir's VA needs to come back if possible!

Edited by Anacybele

I'd definitely be down for full voice acting like in the newer games! I want to hear Kieran's voice so bad. lol And from the one or two grunts we only ever got out of Oscar and Boyd from the Lucia rescue scene, I really want to hear them speak too, I kinda liked them.

The only voices I thought were really bad in Tellius were Mist's (in both games, though PoR was slightly better. But they were so bad that I wish I could've recorded myself and replaced the clips with my own since I would fit the part. lol), Tibarn's (oh my god it's bad), and Mia's (that just didn't fit her, imo. It was far too feminine, which Mia definitely isn't. She's feels more tomboyish).

Everyone else sounded okay to me, Skrimir and Ike being the best voices, imo. Skrimir's VA needs to come back if possible!

I'd imagine I could do a decent Titania, Calill, Petrine, or Tanith, although I doubt any full blown voice acting would be added.

Yeah, it might cost too much to hire all the voice actors. especially with how huge Tellius's cast is. I know voice actors typically do two or three characters apiece, but that's still a lot of VAs for a cast that has more than 72 different people to voice!

My voice would probably suit any 16 or younger teenage female best (or in the case of characters like Micaiah, those who only LOOK that young). I may be 25, but not only do I look pretty young, I believe my voice could pass for a teenager's as well.

Edited by Anacybele