Fire Emblem PoR HD?

AmericanBuizel

Then like I said, that can easily be changed by just removing said lock. I don't remember her having much of a role there.

Or, they could build support really quickly like they were able to in PoR since Elincia didn't join Ike's party until late. As it stands, the lack of their paired ending feels like a slap in the face to fans who liked and intended to try it after playing PoR.

Are you serious? Would you seriously sacrifice everything Elincia goes through in Part 4 just for the sake of pairing her with Ike?

And even if they did the latter, I still wouldn't care about the pairing and would even prefer if it wasn't an option. I'm very open when it comes to pairings, but I feel Ike x Elincia is pretty bad in the sense that it goes against what both characters stand for.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you serious? Would you seriously sacrifice everything Elincia goes through in Part 4 just for the sake of pairing her with Ike?

And even if they did the latter, I still wouldn't care about the pairing and would even prefer if it wasn't an option. I'm very open when it comes to pairings, but I feel Ike x Elincia is pretty bad in the sense that it goes against what both characters stand for.

What "everything?" Her arc was part 2, and she's not so significant after that. She has that one chapter in part 3 where she disarms herself and stuff, that's really it.

And I don't care that you wouldn't care, there are fans who WOULD care. Because like I said, some of us feel it's a slap in the face (I've met other Ike x Elincia fans who feel as such). I don't think it goes against what the characters stand for at all and feel it would actually help their development. Ike hated all nobles at first, but learned that some where pretty cool and he already became close friends with Elincia. And do you really think he'd pick a silly grudge against nobles over someone he loves and cares for? He values family above all else. And what's a lover/wife? Family. As for Elincia, I don't see at all what harm having Ike for a husband would do to her. If anything, it should help a lot, because Ike is the most respected man on the continent and has friends in every nation. He could make having relations that much easier because he's Ike!

Edited by Anacybele

I think radiant dawn, specifically the gap between it and pot, was pretty conclusive about the prospects of Ike wanting to retain any semblance of nobility.

I don't think ike's grudges with nobles was silly at all. the nobles of all 3 beroc nations are all depicted as pretty horrible (and feudalism in general was a pretty shit and oppressive system irl).

What even is this discussion?

Pairings are the least important bit of any Fire Emblem game barring FE4. Least of all, in Radiant Dawn, where buddy support one liners reign supreme.

The only reason people were led on that pairing was because of localization in FE9. This was the reason FE10 felt like a slap in the face for people with investment there.

Compromising character and role for a pairing and writing new event conditions for a remake just for said pairing? That's fangirl talk.

Edited by shadowofchaos

If we get another console release, we're probably looking at a brand new game entirely, which is focused on catching up with all the rest of today's JRPGs with more cutscenes and complete voice acting. I would love to see a remake, though. Not only of PoR and RD, but maybe Blazing Sword and Binding Blade too.

I don't think ike's grudges with nobles was silly at all. the nobles of all 3 beroc nations are all depicted as pretty horrible (and feudalism in general was a pretty shit and oppressive system irl).

Not all of them were. The Begnion senators and a few of the Daein and Crimean nobles were pretty shitty, but Elincia, Renning, Geoffrey, Lucia, Bastian, Sigrun, Sanaki, and Tanith were all pretty nice and cool people. Sigrun doesn't even ever use the term sub-human, and Sanaki went out of her way to save laguz slaves and apologize to the heron royals for something she didn't even do. Ike also even said to Sigrun "I thought all nobles were this and this and this" I don't remember the words exactly, but he did say those first few.

Ike's grudge against some of the nobles was well-founded, but having a grudge against ALL of them was indeed silly, and I do believe he realized that.

But yes, moving on.

If we get another console release, we're probably looking at a brand new game entirely, which is focused on catching up with all the rest of today's JRPGs with more cutscenes and complete voice acting.

Yeah, I do agree here.

Edited by Anacybele

• 3 weeks later...

Unlikely but:

* Maniac Mode

* More supports.

* A recruitable bandit like Nedata.

** Maybe a recruitable raven, or Lotz the hawk.

* Improve the classes a little bit.

Tragically the game didn't sell well enough for it.

But could we see a re-release in the future? That's what I want...more people just to play those amazing games!

I'd like

-better voice acting.

-better Laguz mechanics.

-include the cut supports and dialogue

-maybe a prologue or gaiden from Elincia POV

-have Zelgius show up in some more scenes or as a green unit in an additional chapter so his appearance here doesn't feel like an obligatory set upieces for the reveal next game.