Fire Emblem PoR HD?

AmericanBuizel

Yeah, it might cost too much to hire all the voice actors. especially with how huge Tellius's cast is. I know voice actors typically do two or three characters apiece, but that's still a lot of VAs for a cast that has more than 72 different people to voice!

My voice would probably suit any 16 or younger teenage female best (or in the case of characters like Micaiah, those who only LOOK that young). I may be 25, but not only do I look pretty young, I believe my voice could pass for a teenager's as well.

Mine's a midwestern voice a bit on the contralto side. I look a bit young for my age, or at least used to, but my voice is on the lower end. I'm 5'11", so that might be part of the reason. I have a bit of range on my voice and back when I did some acting, I usually used a voice, but I would probably be better at doing 20's to middle aged characters.

I suppose I could be like Mist and take a healthy dose of helium before any voice acting.

Edited by Rezzy

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only voices I thought were really bad in Tellius were Mist's (in both games, though PoR was slightly better. But they were so bad that I wish I could've recorded myself and replaced the clips with my own since I would fit the part. lol), Tibarn's (oh my god it's bad), and Mia's (that just didn't fit her, imo. It was far too feminine, which Mia definitely isn't. She's feels more tomboyish).

Honestly, every time Mist spoke (not during the cutscenes) all I heard was Kate Higgins voice. So I was really surprised when I played Awakening and guess who voiced the other blue haired protagonist's younger sister? Kate Higgins! But for Mist I heard a voice closer to Kate Higgins' Sailor Mercury voice, but something much more confident. I saw Mist as someone who was cheerful, overall confident and definitely mentally mature for her age. Oh and I hated Zelgius' voice. Please replace him in an ideal remake.

Yeah, it might cost too much to hire all the voice actors. especially with how huge Tellius's cast is. I know voice actors typically do two or three characters apiece, but that's still a lot of VAs for a cast that has more than 72 different people to voice!

Poor Lani Minella's voice was whored out in RD. I don't really think her voice fit any of the characters they got her to play (including Lyn in Smash Bros). Surprisingly enough I kinda did hear her voice as Janaff but I know that's probably a super unpopular opinion. Lani Minella is still my one true Rouge the Bat though! (and Omochao!)

But if I could voice anyone... I personally would love to voice Soren... just saying...

I suppose I could be like Mist and take a healthy dose of helium before any voice acting.

If I'm being honest I could probably do a good Princess Peach without helium.

Since we're on the topic of voice actors, then only one I really want to change is Rolf's in RD. He needs to sound like the adult he technically is a teenager, rather than like a 10 year old. In PoR, he might be able to get away with that voice, but his voice should have dropped in the 3 years since then, unless he's a castrati or something.

I feel like writing a bunch of FE10 supports would be a lot of work, though not as much as bending over backward with oddly contrived plot devices to make an Avatar work.

Yeah,writing supports is really a pain.But we have the fan-base.They could ask for some supports(a list with the wanted ones),fit them there,change a thing here and there and we have RD supports. They wouldn't have to pay a thing at the end,because the fans would be writting on to see their ones into the game.

We have pretty good supports here on Serenes Forest

Since we're on the topic of voice actors, then only one I really want to change is Rolf's in RD. He needs to sound like the adult he technically is a teenager, rather than like a 10 year old. In PoR, he might be able to get away with that voice, but his voice should have dropped in the 3 years since then, unless he's a castrati or something.

Yeah, poor Lani Minella. They're not bad voices. I just don't think they fit the characters, and I don't think the voice direction was the best because I seriously don't think they had enough time or budget to dub the scenes properly. Because seriously, Lani Minella voiced Mist, Rolf, Micaiah and Yune. That's a lot of people for the few that actually have voices in RD. her best one for me was probably Micaiah, but even then I heard an extremely distinct voice whenever Micaiah spoke.

Yeah,writing supports is really a pain.But we have the fan-base.They could ask for some supports(a list with the wanted ones),fit them there,change a thing here and there and we have RD supports. They wouldn't have to pay a thing at the end,because the fans would be writting on to see their ones into the game.

We have pretty good supports here on Serenes Forest

That'd be the dream though, eh?

But I don't know, Nintendo doesn't seem interested in getting their fans to make official works. Just look at the Mother 3 fan translation, it's one of the best (if not the best) fan translation I have ever seen, and it was made by someone who officially works as a script translator and he has said Nintendo could have his translation for free, and if he needed to do anything else he could work for free, but still no bites from Nintendo.

Some of these recent Fire Emblem translation are amazing as well, so it would be great if Nintendo changed their minds and picked up the Mother 3 and the good FE translations for themselves.

Yeah, poor Lani Minella. They're not bad voices. I just don't think they fit the characters, and I don't think the voice direction was the best because I seriously don't think they had enough time or budget to dub the scenes properly. Because seriously, Lani Minella voiced Mist, Rolf, Micaiah and Yune. That's a lot of people for the few that actually have voices in RD. her best one for me was probably Micaiah, but even then I heard an extremely distinct voice whenever Micaiah spoke.

Yeah, I liked Micaiah's voice. It's not that I dislike Rolf's voice per se, I just think it's not appropriate for a kid who's supposed to be at least 15-16 or so, assuming he's at least 12 in PoR.

I am actually one of those strange people who prefer no voice acting and believe that voice acting in video games is mostly superfluous fluff that makes development cost more than it should. I would, therefore, prefer that the voice acting stick to the pre-rendered cutscenes only. Redoing the existing voice work, however, would be okay to me due to how bad the voice acting is in the original game, although I would be okay with the actors chewing the scenery to the point that it makes the dub voice track as gloriously bad as that of Megaman X4.

Honestly, I would just like some game rebalancing because mounts in Path of Radiance are incredibly broken with their Canto. Updated models, textures, and animations would be a must and having the skills work like they do in Radiant Dawn would be great. I think that magic should remain split into multiple ranks due to the effectiveness towards different laguz, but magic weapon ranks should increase at a higher rate to compensate.

Yeah I can understand that. There are some video games where I really really don't want voice acting *cough* Zelda *cough*

And I don't notice some of the gameplay stuff. Is that bad? Like I only notice it when it's something like, Dark Dragon compared to Shadow Dragon. And how FE1 and FE2 where soooooo sloooooooooooooooooow. And Shadow Dragon was great for my attention span.

Yeah, I liked Micaiah's voice. It's not that I dislike Rolf's voice per se, I just think it's not appropriate for a kid who's supposed to be at least 15-16 or so, assuming he's at least 12 in PoR.

Was he really that old in RD?

Wow...

scene ruined :P

That'd be the dream though, eh?

But I don't know, Nintendo doesn't seem interested in getting their fans to make official works. Just look at the Mother 3 fan translation, it's one of the best (if not the best) fan translation I have ever seen, and it was made by someone who officially works as a script translator and he has said Nintendo could have his translation for free, and if he needed to do anything else he could work for free, but still no bites from Nintendo.

Some of these recent Fire Emblem translation are amazing as well, so it would be great if Nintendo changed their minds and picked up the Mother 3 and the good FE translations for themselves.

Nintendo seriously needs to be more open-minded,it's not wrong.The fans would be happy to do this kind of thing.Talking about money,they could give a small reward to those transalations.Mother 3 has like a thousand translations and all are good.

But the memes!

ucmNpVy.jpg

In all seriousness, voice acting in FE9 and FE10 are so miniscule that even if the cutsene voice acting it's mocked regularly for is kept, people will still love the games anyway.

It should also cut the budget strictly to retexturing and remodeling assets. Especially since this is a game that didn't break records with its sales.

The main point of releasing PoR and RD HD would be to make the games more freaking accessible than it is now. With those games being sold up to 80 dollars.

Edited by shadowofchaos

The main point of releasing PoR and RD HD would be to make the games more freaking accessible than it is now. With those games being sold up to 80 dollars.

Try double or triple that? The availability of these games are absolutely awful. I don't even care about HD PoR/RD, I just want them on the NX e-shop.

In PoR

Re-add in some cut supports and add in more support options, especially for late-joiners.

Add in a 'Radiant' mode in which characters won't die for better story co-hesion (they can't be deployed, but everything is basically a retreat instead of kicking the bucket).

Said mode will have it so any characters who DO die but had a capped stat, support, or whatever else will still have it transferred over.

Also increase the number of boosters available (maybe one extra aside from boots?) in said mode.

Rework bands so they can be more useful. (10% in all growths instead of 5%?) As-is I just kinda feel let-down by them. Especially if used on late-joiners.

Handaxes/Javelins cannot be forged.

Cut Handaxes MT from 7 to 4

Cut Javelins MT from 6 to 4

Increase the number of sword-users.

Introduce a 1-2 ranged option for swords.

Increase the number of sword-users in general while reducing the number of lances.

Make Earth only give 4 AVO instead of 5.

Rhys starts off able to use light magic and light magic tomes get a major weight reduction.

Mist can use swords to start off.

Maybe remove weapon-uses at least for non-forged iron/steel weapons. Keep it for other weapons and forges.

Challenge maps removed from the actual game story-mode. Maybe here is where you can net bonus stuff?

Challenge mode in which all characters are locked in, must survive, and BEXP is awarded based on a mix of units killed, turncount, and bonus objectives with a concrete rating system in-place.

RD: ACTUAL SUPPORTS! I can get not giving special stuff for everyone, but at least the PoR pairings should get supports as well as fleshing out the new characters.

PAIRED ENDINGS! Make sure EVERYONE has at least one paired ending!

NG+ Each time you beat the game you can select four characters who get all their growths increased by 10%. These effects are cumulative and can be stacked or have more units get them with each completion. I suggest it here because PoR gives bonuses for stat-capping while here does not. I'm a huge fan of NG+ in general.

Generalized buffs for a bunch of characters (you know which ones).

Probably some more I can't think of ATM.

But the memes!

ucmNpVy.jpg

Oh my god... I never saw that before :P

Try double or triple that? The availability of these games are absolutely awful. I don't even care about HD PoR/RD, I just want them on the NX e-shop.

I was lucky and got my RD for like 65 dollars on eBay. It was in great condition!

PoR.... I got it for cheaper then 200... that's something.

I was going to say Shinon's a pedo, but then you remember she's actually 18 in RD... :x Still creepy. also, Rolf? Really?

Was she? I legit don't know anyone's ages.

I was going to say Shinon's a pedo, but then you remember she's actually 18 in RD... :x Still creepy. also, Rolf? Really?

Yeah, Mist is 15-16 in PoR, since she's about the same age as Jill, who's canon 16 in PoR. Rolf is implied to be a similar age to Mist, so 12-13 at the youngest in PoR. That would make him 15-16 in RD, well past the point his balls should have dropped. And I think Mist's voice actually got higher from PoR to RD for some reason. Her PoR voice sounded fine to me.

For Shinon, I think he's mid to late 20's during PoR to RD. I think Ana knows his exact age. I think we had a discussion on these a while back.

I was lucky and got my RD for like 65 dollars on eBay. It was in great condition!

I'm glad that I got all my games at retail price when they came out. Geez, I was in college when they came out.

I didn't get PoR or RD when they came out (I got PoR four years after and RD a year after), but I'm glad I got lucky with them too. They're my favorite games of all time. Got PoR used at GameStop for $30.

I actually got VERY lucky with RD. I originally got a used copy from GameStop for like $30 or so, but it started giving me error messages every time I tried to have Leonardo attack a Peg knight, so I wanted to get a new copy. The local Walmart had one. And only one. I was like oh my gosh MOM PLEASE LET ME HAVE IT! (I didn't yet have a job or much money then, I was graduating high school).

I haven't touched my copies in forever though. I kept the error copy of RD as a collectible, but I'm still afraid of using the good copy and PoR because I don't want them to stop working right. I'll keep them as collectibles, though, and download the games if they ever get re-released on eShop or something.

I didn't get PoR or RD when they came out (I got PoR four years after and RD a year after), but I'm glad I got lucky with them too. They're my favorite games of all time. Got PoR used at GameStop for $30.

I actually got VERY lucky with RD. I originally got a used copy from GameStop for like $30 or so, but it started giving me error messages every time I tried to have Leonardo attack a Peg knight, so I wanted to get a new copy. The local Walmart had one. And only one. I was like oh my gosh MOM PLEASE LET ME HAVE IT! (I didn't yet have a job or much money then, I was graduating high school).

I haven't touched my copies in forever though. I kept the error copy of RD as a collectible, but I'm still afraid of using the good copy and PoR because I don't want them to stop working right. I'll keep them as collectibles, though, and download the games if they ever get re-released on eShop or something.

I've still got my copies, I did a playthrough of them last year, while I was waiting for Fates to come out. I actually never sell my old games. I'm too much of a pack rat. Although, I've got a few games that my cousins borrowed and still have. The still have both of my GBA Fire Emblem games, I think.

Got PoR used at GameStop for $30.

I think I hate you just a little teeny tiny bit now, just-just a teeny tiny bit :P

I've still got my copies, I did a playthrough of them last year, while I was waiting for Fates to come out. I actually never sell my old games. I'm too much of a pack rat. Although, I've got a few games that my cousins borrowed and still have. The still have both of my GBA Fire Emblem games, I think.

Yeah, I can't get rid of my old games either. I have to collect everything! But I do hate myself for throwing away my old N64 boxes because I was such a moron. Now I want to rebuy the boxes.... Any new-old games I buy has to be in the box. Like I got Star Fox 64 last year, so I bought it in the box along with the rumble pack. And I got FE7 in the box with all the inserts as well. Like, I bought physical copies of Binding Blade and New Mystery in the boxes from Japan as well... because I hate money apparently.

Yeah, Mist is 15-16 in PoR, since she's about the same age as Jill, who's canon 16 in PoR. Rolf is implied to be a similar age to Mist, so 12-13 at the youngest in PoR. That would make him 15-16 in RD, well past the point his balls should have dropped. And I think Mist's voice actually got higher from PoR to RD for some reason. Her PoR voice sounded fine to me.

For Shinon, I think he's mid to late 20's during PoR to RD. I think Ana knows his exact age. I think we had a discussion on these a while back.

I'm glad that I got all my games at retail price when they came out. Geez, I was in college when they came out.

Check the new FE booklet art thingy for FE9, there's the character ages. I assumed Mist was 14 in FE9, but she's actually 15, which is barely a difference. Rolf is 12 in FE9, so you were right.

Check the new FE booklet art thingy for FE9, there's the character ages. I assumed Mist was 14 in FE9, but she's actually 15, which is barely a difference. Rolf is 12 in FE9, so you were right.

Where can I see this booklet? I was unaware of it, but would be interested, if you had a link.

• 2 weeks later...