Fire Emblem PoR HD?

AmericanBuizel

Eh, because I can, the reasoning behind my wants.

Re-add in some cut supports and add in more support options, especially for late-joiners. : Not only were several supports cut from the game (Ike X Mia) but I really feel a lot of the late-joined got shafted. Hard. Some of them don't even seem all that good (Geoffry supporting Calill and Elincia) and simply aren't worth waiting around for. Unless you want it specifically for lore/RP/whatever purposes why would you want Ike X Elincia for example?

Add in a 'Radiant' mode in which characters won't die for better story co-hesion (they can't be deployed, but everything is basically a retreat instead of kicking the bucket). : Basically what I said. Better story co-hesion. If Ilyana dies in this mode she doesn't kick the bucket. She's still around story-wise (not that it matters).

Said mode will have it so any characters who DO die but had a capped stat, support, or whatever else will still have it transferred over. : Ditto for above except making it so that losing a character won't be a total waste.

Also increase the number of boosters available (maybe one extra aside from boots?) in said mode. : Mainly to help cap out stats for transfers.

Rework bands so they can be more useful. (10% in all growths instead of 5%?) As-is I just kinda feel let-down by them. Especially if used on late-joiners. : Bands were kind of a letdown. At 5% you'd basically get 2 points on average assuming you gave it to someone low-leveled and 1 point if you gave it to a promoted unit. If you joined at 20/10 or higher you could very easily end up getting nothing. Especially since 2 extra points of, say, HP isn't gonna be a gamechanger. So upping it to 10% makes the rewards more tangable (20 for the mage band).

Handaxes/Javelins cannot be forged.

Cut Handaxes MT from 7 to 4

Cut Javelins MT from 6 to 4 : Because these weapons so heavily dominated the meta that not being able to use them was basically an auto-fail. Especially with how overpowered units like Oscar were. They still have a use, just not 'OMGWFOP'ed'.

Increase the number of sword-users. : Make axes more balanced.

Introduce a 1-2 ranged option for swords. : So swords don't end up in the dust. Only, like, three or four units can viably use the only not-stupidly-late 1-2 ranged sword (Mist, Mia, Tanith, and Elincia) and one of those is Elincia who joins late.

Make Earth only give 4 AVO instead of 5. : Simply to make Earth supports a bit less OP'ed. They're still probably the most sought-after supports, just not as gamebreaker.

Rhys starts off able to use light magic and light magic tomes get a major weight reduction.

Mist can use swords to start off. : Rhys really gets the shaft as light magic SUCKS! Even if it wasn't so stupidly heavy his low speed makes it bad. Giving him the option to at least fight in the early-game increases his utility a bit even if light magic still blows and it seems only fair to give Mist swords at that point.

Maybe remove weapon-uses at least for non-forged iron/steel weapons. Keep it for other weapons and forges. : This always annoyed me. Basically, aside from the rare enemy that needs a silver or special weapon to kill, why would you ever want to move beyond the cheaper and equally-as-effective iron/steel weapons? Most of your units will probably have two slots just for those things (main and maybe a back-up) and a lot will go into just upkeep, so why not make at least the basic unbreakable and save a lot of headaches?

Challenge maps removed from the actual game story-mode. Maybe here is where you can net bonus stuff? : I'm aware of the bonus maps but the chance to net some extra EXP for transfers as well as maybe score some bonus items seems like a decent enough optional idea.

Challenge mode in which all characters are locked in, must survive, and BEXP is awarded based on a mix of units killed, turncount, and bonus objectives with a concrete rating system in-place. : Both to give 'hardcore' players set goals, mess around with them a bit, and set forwards a challenge that can't be resolved via 'just throw Ike and mounted units at it'.

RD: ACTUAL SUPPORTS! I can get not giving special stuff for everyone, but at least the PoR pairings should get supports as well as fleshing out the new characters. : No duh.

PAIRED ENDINGS! Make sure EVERYONE has at least one paired ending! : This is a real let-down especially since some pairings seemed primed for them to the point where not getting them was a shock (like Zihark X Meg)

NG+ Each time you beat the game you can select four characters who get all their growths increased by 10%. These effects are cumulative and can be stacked or have more units get them with each completion. I suggest it here because PoR gives bonuses for stat-capping while here does not. I'm a huge fan of NG+ in general. : Like I said, I like NG+. More to the point, doing it this way both gives a tangible reward and encourages multiple playthroughs without just going 'lawl make everyone OP'ed'.

Generalized buffs for a bunch of characters (you know which ones). : Poor Fiona.

Probably some more I can't think of ATM.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since when was Zihark x Meg ever hinted at happening in the end? Sure, Meg thought she was going to marry Zihark, but Zihark felt SO awkward at finding out her dad wanted to set her up with him. It was definitely never happening. :P

The lack of pairings like Kieran x Marcia (they supported in PoR and Marcia later joined the RKs, plus cavalier knight x Peg knight pairings were kind of a tradition before), Rolf x Mist (obvious reasons), Aran x Laura (close childhood friends), and of course, Ike x Elincia were the shockers for me.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that wished for more Tellius pairings in general though! Man were these two games shafted of that.

Since when was Zihark x Meg ever hinted at happening in the end? Sure, Meg thought she was going to marry Zihark, but Zihark felt SO awkward at finding out her dad wanted to set her up with him. It was definitely never happening. :P

It's more the fact that there wasn't anything that cheesed me. Like, he doesn't sit down and tough it out, refuse, or anything regardless of support level? Anything would have been better.

Eh, because I can, the reasoning behind my wants.

Re-add in some cut supports and add in more support options, especially for late-joiners. : Not only were several supports cut from the game (Ike X Mia) but I really feel a lot of the late-joined got shafted. Hard. Some of them don't even seem all that good (Geoffry supporting Calill and Elincia) and simply aren't worth waiting around for. Unless you want it specifically for lore/RP/whatever purposes why would you want Ike X Elincia for example?

Add in a 'Radiant' mode in which characters won't die for better story co-hesion (they can't be deployed, but everything is basically a retreat instead of kicking the bucket). : Basically what I said. Better story co-hesion. If Ilyana dies in this mode she doesn't kick the bucket. She's still around story-wise (not that it matters).

Said mode will have it so any characters who DO die but had a capped stat, support, or whatever else will still have it transferred over. : Ditto for above except making it so that losing a character won't be a total waste.

Also increase the number of boosters available (maybe one extra aside from boots?) in said mode. : Mainly to help cap out stats for transfers.

Rework bands so they can be more useful. (10% in all growths instead of 5%?) As-is I just kinda feel let-down by them. Especially if used on late-joiners. : Bands were kind of a letdown. At 5% you'd basically get 2 points on average assuming you gave it to someone low-leveled and 1 point if you gave it to a promoted unit. If you joined at 20/10 or higher you could very easily end up getting nothing. Especially since 2 extra points of, say, HP isn't gonna be a gamechanger. So upping it to 10% makes the rewards more tangable (20 for the mage band).

Handaxes/Javelins cannot be forged.

Cut Handaxes MT from 7 to 4

Cut Javelins MT from 6 to 4 : Because these weapons so heavily dominated the meta that not being able to use them was basically an auto-fail. Especially with how overpowered units like Oscar were. They still have a use, just not 'OMGWFOP'ed'.

Increase the number of sword-users. : Make axes more balanced.

Introduce a 1-2 ranged option for swords. : So swords don't end up in the dust. Only, like, three or four units can viably use the only not-stupidly-late 1-2 ranged sword (Mist, Mia, Tanith, and Elincia) and one of those is Elincia who joins late.

Make Earth only give 4 AVO instead of 5. : Simply to make Earth supports a bit less OP'ed. They're still probably the most sought-after supports, just not as gamebreaker.

Rhys starts off able to use light magic and light magic tomes get a major weight reduction.

Mist can use swords to start off. : Rhys really gets the shaft as light magic SUCKS! Even if it wasn't so stupidly heavy his low speed makes it bad. Giving him the option to at least fight in the early-game increases his utility a bit even if light magic still blows and it seems only fair to give Mist swords at that point.

Maybe remove weapon-uses at least for non-forged iron/steel weapons. Keep it for other weapons and forges. : This always annoyed me. Basically, aside from the rare enemy that needs a silver or special weapon to kill, why would you ever want to move beyond the cheaper and equally-as-effective iron/steel weapons? Most of your units will probably have two slots just for those things (main and maybe a back-up) and a lot will go into just upkeep, so why not make at least the basic unbreakable and save a lot of headaches?

Challenge maps removed from the actual game story-mode. Maybe here is where you can net bonus stuff? : I'm aware of the bonus maps but the chance to net some extra EXP for transfers as well as maybe score some bonus items seems like a decent enough optional idea.

Challenge mode in which all characters are locked in, must survive, and BEXP is awarded based on a mix of units killed, turncount, and bonus objectives with a concrete rating system in-place. : Both to give 'hardcore' players set goals, mess around with them a bit, and set forwards a challenge that can't be resolved via 'just throw Ike and mounted units at it'.

RD: ACTUAL SUPPORTS! I can get not giving special stuff for everyone, but at least the PoR pairings should get supports as well as fleshing out the new characters. : No duh.

PAIRED ENDINGS! Make sure EVERYONE has at least one paired ending! : This is a real let-down especially since some pairings seemed primed for them to the point where not getting them was a shock (like Zihark X Meg)

NG+ Each time you beat the game you can select four characters who get all their growths increased by 10%. These effects are cumulative and can be stacked or have more units get them with each completion. I suggest it here because PoR gives bonuses for stat-capping while here does not. I'm a huge fan of NG+ in general. : Like I said, I like NG+. More to the point, doing it this way both gives a tangible reward and encourages multiple playthroughs without just going 'lawl make everyone OP'ed'.

Generalized buffs for a bunch of characters (you know which ones). : Poor Fiona.

Probably some more I can't think of ATM.

I agree with most of you suggestion, except giving Mist and Rhys immediate access to weapons. Having an unpromoted unit capable of both healing and offense is a little OP for FE.

I think I've already said this before, but in case I didn't, I'd rather Mist gets Light or Anime Tome access upon promotion. Swords are a waste on her.

• 2 weeks later...

I only would like a remake if it doesn't force in marriage and avatars just because of "popularity." There is no way these would fit in the Tellius games without feeling completely shoehorned in and there for the sake of it. It would ruin some of the characters too, especially Ike. He doesn't get married during either game, or even at the end of RD and he didn't show much interest in romance (though likely because he had much bigger priorities at the time. He values family quite a lot, so I can see him settling down eventually, just not anytime during the games or even a short time after. He might wait until several years after RD to get married for all we know).

Edited by Anacybele

RD: ACTUAL SUPPORTS! I can get not giving special stuff for everyone, but at least the PoR pairings should get supports as well as fleshing out the new characters.

Since everyone can support with everyone else, that's not going to be possible. Also, if this is going to happen, why should only a select few characters get support conversations?

PAIRED ENDINGS! Make sure EVERYONE has at least one paired ending!

How is someone like Nasir or Gareth going to get a paired ending when an A Support for those characters is impossible? Hell, getting a C Support is hard enough.

NG+ Each time you beat the game you can select four characters who get all their growths increased by 10%. These effects are cumulative and can be stacked or have more units get them with each completion. I suggest it here because PoR gives bonuses for stat-capping while here does not. I'm a huge fan of NG+ in general.

Which means eventually everyone will have a 100% chance to increase every stat upon level up, thereby taking some of the challenge an the randomness out of the game.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Since everyone can support with everyone else, that's not going to be possible. Also, if this is going to happen, why should only a select few characters get support conversations?

Course it's not going to be possible for everyone to have a unique support and I know that. But having even some of them get some actual support ranks, especially between characters who previously had supports in the prior game and could be transferred over with an A-rank easily, should get something more than generic lines with each other.

How is someone like Nasir or Gareth going to get a paired ending when an A Support for those characters is impossible? Hell, getting a C Support is hard enough.

*shrug* I dunno. Don't really care. Having only a scarce few characters even get paired endings blows far more chunks than refusing because Nasir can't get a paired ending.

Which means eventually everyone will have a 100% chance to increase every stat upon level up, thereby taking some of the challenge an the randomness out of the game.

If you've played the game long enough to obtain such a thing the idea of 'challenge in the game' has probably long-since been removed regardless of if you got bonuses or not as you've probably memorized the entire game and can play it in your sleep at that point. Heck, boosting a 50% growth to 100% would take five playthroughs alone.

Having only a scarce few characters even get paired endings blows far more chunks than refusing because Nasir can't get a paired ending.

I don't see how it does. Besides, you did say that you wanted "EVERYONE" to have a paired ending, which would include the likes of Nasir and Gareth.

Imo, there are too many characters for there to be paired endings for everyone. And some join so late that it's just practically impossible to get them an A support.

Just the obvious endings that weren't should be added:

Ike x Elincia

Kieran x Marcia

Rolf x Mist

Aran x Laura

Boyd x Titania (maybe)

Rhys x Mia

Oscar x Tanith (if there's a way it can work around their respective duties/positions. Perhaps it doesn't even need to have marriage, just kind of a "forbidden" relationship type thing... Sad as it is)

Ranulf x Lethe (maybe Ranulf x Lyre too)

Kyza x Lyre (maybe Kyza x Lethe too so both cat sisters can have two apiece)

Edited by Anacybele

I honestly wouldn't add any paired endings on RD outside of maybe Ike x Mia and Aran x Laura, since I kinda liked how Tellius established its lore even down to the "Canon" pairings.

However, if the "Everyone supports with everyone" system continues, I definitely think that certain Supports could be fleshed out more by having more Base Conversations unlocked under the "Character A and Character B have a A-Support together" requirements.

To be honest, I completely understand why Radiant Dawn opted not to include support conversations and wouldn't request their addition in a remake (unless maybe for the Dawn Brigade).

See, Radiant Dawn supports would be really difficult to execute due to knowledge gained in PoR supports.

Let me explain.

Let's take Ike and Soren as an example. In the A support:

Soren reveals he is Branded

However, what if a player supports up Ike and Soren in RD without having gotten them to A support in Path of Radiance? In that continuity, Ike would not know that information. So, does the game ignore this fact and have Ike know this information anyway or are there two support lines? One for if they supported in PoR and one for if they didn't.

If they had gone the two support line approach then that's a lot of script work. Especially since supports are supposed to establish personalities and most of the cast are already well established through PoR supports. If they don't do this, then there are serious continuity errors.

I really can't see how a support system in Radiant Dawn would work, bearing this in mind.

Edited by NJ7009

I honestly wouldn't add any paired endings on RD outside of maybe Ike x Mia

Why? When Ike x Elincia is a lot more obvious and maybe even more doable (I can see them building support points faster)? FE's done multiple paired endings for the same character before. And Ike and Mia's support in PoR was cut, hinting that IS didn't consider them much of a priority. That very fact is why I didn't put them on the "obvious" list, in fact. If the support would be re-added in a remake though, it does have a chance. There's also still the Rhys x Mia support/pairing, though, which is pretty popular and that one stuck in PoR (and that's why I included it).

Of course, I hope this never happens because I LOATHE that pairing. Ike x Elincia is best by far.

EDIT: RD seems to assume that all PoR supports happened though. Like Zihark and Brom becoming friends. They're friends in RD, implying that their PoR support happened whether the player actually did the support or not.

Edited by Anacybele

wind waker hd would be a good example of how i would like to see tellius uplifted.

supports are nice, but i also prefer the super flexibility of radiant dawn's system, so i'm not that interested in implementing convos if we lose the ability to support any two characters. base convos fill the void fine, maybe expand those.

don't really care too much about endings and stuff either. though since it seems like radiant dawn had some cut endings, may not be a bad idea to fold those into a remake. of course i have my pairing preferences, but i guess this is another side benefit of being able to pair up any two characters. i also loathe some of the paired ending choices in rd, but i mean it's very easy for me to just not pair those characters so who cares.

i'm trying to think of there are any 3ds fe features that would fit here, but drawing a blank. in theory i'm not against doing that, though obviously stuff like marriage has no room at all here. reclassing would be amazing, but not sure how that could be done without totally throwing off the game's balance.

edit: actually branched promotions would be rad, instead of second sealing.

Edited by Radiant head

Why? When Ike x Elincia is a lot more obvious and maybe even more doable (I can see them building support points faster)? FE's done multiple paired endings for the same character before. And Ike and Mia's support in PoR was cut, hinting that IS didn't consider them much of a priority. That very fact is why I didn't put them on the "obvious" list, in fact. If the support would be re-added in a remake though, it does have a chance. There's also still the Rhys x Mia support/pairing, though, which is pretty popular and that one stuck in PoR (and that's why I included it).

I just like it better.

Meanwhile Ike x Elincia is the one and only Tellius pairing I absolutely cannot stand.

Edited by Jave

I just like it better.

Meanwhile Ike x Elincia is the one and only Tellius pairing I absolutely cannot stand.

Huh, I guess we're total opposites here.

EDIT: Radiant Head: There's surely no need to think of 3DS features, as the next FE will most probably be on the Switch due to its ability to be used like a handheld.

Edited by Anacybele

well yeah, but i think it would make sense to take some of the popular features of those games as they fit. but again not sure what would fit exactly.

maybe trial maps with awakening/fates maps and amiibo support would be a cool touch.

Edited by Radiant head

Ohhh, I see. I'd love for trial maps to return! I enjoyed them. Well, the single one I ever got in PoR. lol (I never knew how to unlock more, though I think it has something to do with completing more playthroughs, which I just wasn't bothered to do regardless of how much I loved the game. :P)

And there's gotta be Amiibo support after how nice the Amiibo functionality was in Fates. I got to have Ike on my team again! <3

Even if Tellius gets remade (like in 10 years, keep dreaming guys), Ellie x Ike is downright impossible to support when it comes to how the teams are split... And I agree with Jave. I hate that pairing with a passion.

If it does, by some miracle happen, there will be options for gay pairings, like it or not. FE14 has already started on it, after all.

Edited by Luchino

Uh, you can switch around team members, you know. Elincia isn't the commander of her initial group, Tibarn is, so you should be able to move her. And even if you couldn't move her now, that can easily be changed in a remake.

I would prefer no gay pairing options, except for Heather. It would feel forced and only there for the sake of it otherwise.

Edited by Anacybele

Uh, you can switch around team members, you know. Elincia isn't the commander of her initial group, Tibarn is, so you should be able to move her. And even if you couldn't move her now, that can easily be changed in a remake.

I would prefer no gay pairing options, except for Heather. It would feel forced and only there for the sake of it otherwise.

Elincia is locked to Tibarn's team in Part 4. Giving the option to move her around is rather dumb considering she's very important to the events that happen to her team in Part 4.

And for the record, quite a few units are locked to certain teams, not just the Leaders.

As for gay pairings, I wouldn't mind a couple as long as they make sense (Heather x Neph seems like the most obvious pick).

Edited by Jave

Elincia is locked to Tibarn's team in Part 4. Giving the option to move her around is rather dumb considering she's very important to the events that happen to her team in Part 4.

Then like I said, that can easily be changed by just removing said lock. I don't remember her having much of a role there.

Or, they could build support really quickly like they were able to in PoR since Elincia didn't join Ike's party until late. As it stands, the lack of their paired ending feels like a slap in the face to fans who liked and intended to try it after playing PoR.

Edited by Anacybele