The Golden Age. Act 1: Discoveries.

riariadne

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aria heals and gets her 11 exp/2 wexp.

Mikahila slices and dices (53, 69) and activates Adept (54, 81). Her shaman competition is paying the price, eating exactly 22 damage. That guy was level 5 so Mikhaila gets a sweet sweet 36 exp/ 2 wexp, enough for a level.

(50, 50, 55, 20, 8, 27, 95, 5) HP, Str, Skl, Spd, Lck, Res. The level-up failsafe I made seems to have been completely irrelevant so far.

Enemy phase should come tomorrow.

One technically correct definition of tomorrow later, it's enemy phase time.

Their moves, which are short and thus don't need a spoiler:

Thane- O1
Thief A- S9
other 3 red guys- 5 right

Thief A throws a Shuriken at Mikhaila, (84, 54) connecting for 6 damage. At least she gets 1 exp.

Then after that are the other phase moves:

Juniper- G13
Isaac- R12
Knight- H15
Mage- S12
Fighter- U10
Mercenary- P1

While Isaac's group isn't in range of any enemies, Mercenary A manages to actually follow Thane! However (79, 15) he does not manage to actually hit Thane. (33, 73) For his troubles, the mercenary takes 12 damage.

It's turn 7 and player phase has arrived. The map is winding down...

2O1xS9V.png

Do you guys even need the spreadsheet link by now? Well here it is anyway.

Edited by Reinfleche
proper map

What's next? We're almost done, right? There's... There's a man with a lance, over there. Let's get rid of him, next... Telmara was calming down, focusing her efforts on getting rid of these bandits. She had to get dangerously near one of Isaac's men to take care of him, but keeping an eye half on him was keeping that worry in check.

Telmara to T-11, attack Soldier B with Gust

Edited by Nanami Touko

Telmara does her best to get rid of said lance guy (68, 96) to chip for 10 damage. [10 exp/1 wexp]

Aria heals Mikhaila instead to full HP [11 exp/2 wexp]

Ulysses (48, 4) throws his hand axe for 13 to the soldier's dome. [11 exp/1 wexp]

He came he saw he killstole (52, 29), Aaron nets another battle win. [33 exp/2 wexp]

Mikhaila is very glad her RNs weren't reversed (58, 99) as she hits for 13. The thief rolls exact hit (88, 15), or he would if she wasn't on a brush (or had Charm). [10 exp/1 wexp]

Kolmar (42, 51) throws true. The thief sure isn't throwing anything back after that 11 damage hit. [36 exp/2 wexp]

Raz was trained to shoot now, her next strike would, her next strike would be swift, alert, as long as she could find an open target. She'd filtered herself so much from the battle, most from the group could realize she wasn't noticing their presence anymore, or forgot. A touch more engrossed than expected of her.

Raz to U11.

With Kaya's healing done (11 exp/2 wexp) and everyone moved, it's enemy turn once again. Red moves:

Bandit C- R11
Thief B- S9
Thane- Z10

Brigand C (46, 42) smacks Kolmar real hard with his Steel Axe for 13. Brutal! (24, 94) Kolmar's 10 damage counter is nothing to ignore either though. [11 exp/1 wexp]

Thief B (68, 72) gets cheeky and stabs Ulysses. (12, 92) The sharkman's counter for 14 makes him regret this decision. [10 exp/1 wexp] This is a level up and means I have to roll more numbers, regrettably, because who even likes effort.

(31, 78, 92, 18, 56, 18, 20, 44) HP, Skl, Spd, Def.

Thane flees from his current pursuer, sneaking up behind the party! "What a bunch of idiots! I should've had them all flee. Now I'll have to recruit new people, and with nothing nicer to show. Unless..." The thief leader eyes Joviana, and runs to her, snatching the Greatforger out of her hand. "Another prized treasure! I'll take this and be on my way!"

Thane steals the Greatforger from Joviana, and attempts combat as a parting gift. (34, 25) Joviana takes 11 from his silver knife, (57, 29) though she counters for 11 as well. [14 exp/ 1 wexp]

After that is other phase. Green moves are short:

Juniper- K14
Merc A- T20

The mercenary is confused by his new placement, emerging through the portal next to his cleric ally. She heals him regardless of the puzzling scenario of the forest maze with a close range Physic.

Meanwhile in the middle of the forest, Mage A sets the brigand who attacked Kolmar aflame, or at least tries (89, 38), missing instead! Fortunately for him, Conflagrate sets the brush ablaze, dealing 10 damage anyway. Afterwards Isaac does (65, 59) another of his patented killsteals.

It's turn 8, probably the last one unless you all miss!

vIOCZQO.png

No spreadsheet link this time! Ha!

"Not bad," Kolmar said to Isaac, as he watched the duo take out the bandit that had attacked him earlier.  It was time to take out a little frustration, on a half-wounded problem.

Kolmar to S10, smack the thief with an Iron Lance.  Because accuracy.

Kolmar strikes (52, 47) with such accuracy to do 11. He gets 33 exp/2 wexp to snag a level up.

(40, 3, 63, 98, 22, 96, 24, 35) HP, Str, Spd, Def. good job

That leaves only Thane.

Joviana turned around to look at the person who just snatched something from her, only to realize that he held the Greatforger in his hand. He attempted to stab her, but her reflexes were good enough to avoid a fatal blow, even though she was injured now. Clutching her injured shoulder, she shot at him a death stare, while gritting her teeth.

"You...you can't sell that! Cheap people like you don't understand what it means in the first place! Don't think you can get away with this because...I'm going to make sure that you see hell soon!"

Yelling at the top of her voice, she ran across and sent two blades of wind flying at the thief.

Joviana moves to Y11, activates Fury, attacks Thane with Arcane Blast.

"Of course I can't sell it! That's a Gift... I know because I have one too." Thane spoke at Joviana. "But it's valuable because of how it can be used!" He snarled as she backed away, evidently not having realized she was a mage at first which left him at an obvious range disadvantage.

(4, 83) Joviana activates Fury but it proves mostly ineffective. Still, Thane takes 11 damage. [14 exp/ 1 wexp]

Edited by Reinfleche

Aha, that was a target. Raz's lips curled, training her bow at Thane readily. He's the leader, huh? Nice to tell us of your gift. Was it overconfidence from his end? Perhaps. It mattered little for her. That's not the Emblem, poor Kaya. It's not Rhovannes' horn either, but that I already knew. It'll serve me well. With a calm expression in her face, she moved towards Thane, silent steps, drawing her bow with intent to kill.

"A ruffian with lofty ambitions, you were. Good night."

Raz to X10, the snazzy multi shot at Thane

Probably move kaya over to X9 for that, Joviana why you no Y9? 8[

Before I forget, Kolmar got a Magic Vial from the thief! There are also several more items I forgot were droppable, because I hadn't done droppable items on the previous maps, all of which are now in the Convoy for simplicity's sake. Also the convoy exists.

Raz's aim is true! (70, 22) Thane takes 8, crumpling to the ground.

"Damn mages... I coulda had everything..."

Raz gets 59 exp and 2 bow wexp! That's well more than enough for level 4.

(11, 27, 95, 24, 6, 47, 41, 12) HP Str Skl Spd RES. yeah nice "set minimum" joke again EDIT: also luck

Speaking of item drops, Thane has 3. Joviana reacquires her Greatforger, Kolmar was randomly selected to get the Frostblade, and Raz obtains the Crusader's Calling!

--

Map 3 is over! There will be post-map flavor posted in a bit but I wanted to get this part out first.

Edited by Reinfleche

As Thane fell, the hectic air of the battle simmered down, Isaac's group lowered their weapons. "Alright," the blonde man spoke up. "We may have had our disagreements, but hopefully, that should settle everything for now. We certainly appreciate the help, at least, seeing as we were sorely outnumbered and less savvy to these... passageway shenanigans. Hopefully none of my companions have gone too far. I believe several of them went wandering off just around here."

Isaac proved incorrect, with Juniper and three others approaching from the corner, none too pleased with the group she saw. "You all got here too... But you're not fighting." At the least, she didn't raise a weapon. "We are outnumbered, and seeing your prowess with navigating these mystical woods exceeds ours, pursuing you would be unwise, even if I don't like this agreement. I'm not entirely sure how the forest lead us this way at all. So we will wait here until our companions recuperate- they seemed to hold a pulse when Irene, our healer, checked." Isaac shot glares at the others, evidently not wanting them to mention exactly how they got in that state. Juniper beckoned for her group to follow to help the others, the armored man helping up his nearby compatriot as the cleric readied her staff. As he left, Isaac put a scroll in Joviana's hand, muttering "talk to us after if you feel you must. We aren't leaving for a while."

An uneasy silence settled amongst the travelers, until from through a set of thick trees someone else familiar slipped through. "Well, well, looks like the battle's all set, and look what I found!" Velvet spoke triumphantly, opening her small pouch and starting to dish out a gigantic pile of gold. "You all seem to be alright, and now we're filthy riiich! It's eighteen thousand gold in total, and I found it tucked away deep into the forest in a rusty chest. It was so old, I wonder if it was from the thieves that caused the forest to be enchanted in the first place. Now how to divide it up... I'll be taking three thousand. I found it, so honestly, that's only fair, especially because I could've just not mentioned it." She pointed to her bag. "To be faster, I already separated it from the pile. So that leaves fifteen thousand for the rest of you all. You could all have one and a half thousand gold each for the rest of it, since there's ten of you. Unless you have better ideas... After that's done, there's a lot of things we could do!"

Aria looked at the gold, wordless for several moments with wide eyes. "Wow... that would surely be enough to help my family. As long as I get some of it to bring home to them, I'll be happy... thank you all so much for the help coming here. I'm super lucky to be with you all."

--

With map 3 completed, there's lots to divide up for the party:

15,000 gold. Velvet's share is already gone, and she will have no debate! Even though Itzal and Ulysses will be leaving OOC, they do need to get paid, too. If you want anything different than the proposed 1,500 to each person, it's up for discussion. (Not that gold can't be shared anyway.)

300 bonus experience. This is the most even the party level has ever been, so this mostly accounts for Isaac's team killstealing, plus some extra.

30 bonus weapon experience. This is for a similar reason. Also note that Joviana was given an Arms Scroll (it's not necessarily for her, but she was nearest to the forest corner other than Raz who had full inventory). So you could make use of that too.

You must distribute all three of these resources. They can't be saved for later.

Not to mention there were other items you acquired before too. And don't forget to investigate the unopened chest! Lastly, since Isaac's whole team survived, there's a certain armor knight you might want to talk to.