Which lords would you field voluntarily...

ping

Roy - Even without the late forced promotion, I'm not much of a fan. Swordmasters and mercenaries are far cooler swordusers. Now if he were to get the sword of seals earlier, had a proper promotion, and his sword wouldn't break, then I'd definetely field him.

Eliwood - I'm not a fan of sudden horse on promotion, but somehow it fits him. Give him acceptable stats and I'd probably field him occasionally.

Hector - He is awesome, I love fielding him. Promotion is a little late, but luckily not too late.

Lyn - speed based lord who gets to use bows beside swords? Yes please. Just why did they have to give her a sword that slows her down so much?

Eirika - Yeah, no. Just no.

Ephraim - Why, why did he have to get a horse on promotion? Finally a fast unmounted lance user and they give him a horse. Take away the horse and I'm sold. Otherwise nope. (Or until he promotes)

Ike - Ike fanboy present =3

Micaiah - A mage as a lord is awesome, sadly the Dawn Brigade chapters are no place for her defense stat.

Marth - Meh, don't care much for him, but he's okay I guess.

Chrom - Lance lord without mount FTW! Now if only he would get some good skill choices, and didn't have that clearly superior unbreakable falchion that steals the spotlight from those flimsy breakable lances =/

Too many Foot lancer comment, Why? Having a horse is evidently a great advantange game play wi....

*looks at the signature* Oh... That explain it.

Roy- Eehhhhh.. Sure I like you.

Eliwood- Yep. Giving you the Uber Spear is fun.

Hector- Yep, not using swords is great.

Lyn- Nope sorry. I got Jacket Hero.

Eirika- Nnnope. Inflict some damage girl.

Ephraim- Just wish you either lost your horse or got a cooler animation, but sure.

Ike- In both games yeah.

Micaiah- Favorite lord, yes.

Marth- I like you enough so yep.

Chrom- I don't see why not.

Corrin- Your crappy story aside, I like you. You can borrow my shoes.

Probably all of them except Sigurd (bland Gary Stu whom I also happen to despise)

What makes you consider Sigurd a Stu? He makes such grave politcal errors that he got his entire army put on a spit. Besides the love at first sight thing, FE4 Gen 1 really has Sigurd get bitten for his vices.

Let's see, from the games I've played...(I'm thinking from their starting bases/levels to level 20/20)

FE4

Sigurd: Active (I haven't gotten far in the game, but I certainly enjoy having him. I try not to let him get all the experience. :P: )

Seliph: Don't Know Yet...(Haven't got far enough yet!)

FE6

Roy: probably...Active...maybe...?(Even if his promotion along with the Sealed Sword IS great, I still got the game before that point! He's not horrible and I do like using him on occasion, but sometimes a bit of a pain to bring up!)

FE7

Lyn: Active (Kinda hard for me to NOT have her in battle[ Major Bias Alert :t: ] )

Hector: Active(if not for Oswain, he'd be the literal definition of "TANK"! )

Eliwood: 50/50...maybe...screw it, Active(He ain't bad. He can be good half the time, but...he's iffy with me sometimes)

(Again, Major Bias Alert :t: , with these guys in-general)

FE8

Eirika: Active...maybe...?( I like her much more then Roy, and she's on the same levels of Eliwood...somewhat)

Ephriam: Active(Being a Lord that uses Lance already helps him, but he turns out pretty great usually)

FE9

Ike: Obvious Answer for obvious reasons :hat:

Elincia: Active(She's ain't gonna be doing much, but hey, flying healers are nice!)

FE10

Micaiah: BE---...actually, sure, why not? Active(Depends on the situations)

Ike: Active(Not as great as before, But that's why Mia is there if I need her...which is always! :P: )

Elincia(She counts): Active (She's awesome in FE10, why would she NOT be in battle when available?!)

FE12

Chrom: Active(until I have Lucina, then....yeah...Bench time buddy)

Lucina: Active (She's great. Nuff said.)

Robin(probably counts): Active(if Morgan isn't around... :hat: )

FE13

Corrin: Active (Not getting FE Lord of the year, or FE Story of the year for that matter, anytime soon, but can't deny they're a pretty dang good fighter...and tank.)

Edited by Busterman64

Probably all of them except Sigurd (bland Gary Stu whom I also happen to despise)

I've bolded the things that don't equate one another.

...Sig isn't a Stu, I think your anti-FE4 bias is severely muddling the facts.

Honestly, I think the only time I wouldn't field a Lord is if they've level capped and can't promote yet. Lords are often pretty good characters, even the ones that get a lot of shit. I mean, Roy is pretty good early- to mid-game before he hits a promotion wall, and SD!Marth is useful for villages and chests even if everyone else is doing the fighting. Can't speak for FE3/FE5 since I haven't played those, though.

Exactly the same. Granted, Thani narrowly saves Micaiah from the bench.

Edited by Soledai