Long as hell Conquest planning thread...

ghost_walrus

Sorry for the length of this thread, but I've spent so long tinkering around and trolling the wiki for info on this that I'm getting a bit braindead and could use some external opinions. First thing, I am not a smart man and I am not a veteran fire emblem player, so this is probably packed with flaws. I'm on Chapter 25 of my Birthright playthrough and am about to move on to Conquest, Lunatic Classic. I made so many mistakes on my Birthright run (playing totally blind), so I'm trying to have more of a plan for going into Conquest. I have never played Conquest or used any of these characters. I don't know what to expect.

So, is this team viable? Are there any changes or suggestions you would make?

I've made the assumption that with the exception of a few skills, most characters can get any skill, given enough time (though I've not checked or confirmed this). I'm not against buying skills so I'm hoping to be able to buy any difficult to obtain skills. Here is roughly what I have put together so far:

Corrin (Female): Swordmaster
[supported by Jakob]
-Nohrian Trust
-Luna
-Lifetaker
-Swordfaire
-Hoshidan Unity
Speed Boon
Luck Bane
55 50 30 60 80 45 35 35

Jakob: Paladin
[supporting Corrin]
-Pavise
-Aegis
-Miracle
-Sol
-Rend Heaven
60 45 15 50 45 60 35 35

Selena: Hero
[supported by Silas]
-Sol
-Rend Heaven
-Death Blow
-Life and Death
-Swordfaire
60 45 5 45 60 35 55 30

Silas: Hero
[supporting Selena]
-Luna
-Armored Blow
-Inspiration
-Tomebreaker
-Renewal
60 60 5 70 55 45 50 25

Azura: Songstress
[No Pairing]
-Warp
-Amaterasu
-Aegis
-Pavise
-Inspiration
25 60 25 80 80 60 15 35

Effie: General
[Marries Arthur (For Percy Only)]
-Luna
-Armored Blow
-Pavise
-Tomebreaker
-Wary Fighter
60 80 0 50 50 60 55 35
[Additional Notes: Uses Boots x2]

Camilla: Wyvern Lord
[Marries Keaton]
-Luna
-Savage Blow
-Vengeance
-Lifetaker
-Axefaire
50 65 25 65 65 30 55 45

Elise: Strategist
[No Pairing | Marries Odin (For Ophelia)]
-Replicate
-Aegis
-Countermagic
-Inspiration
-Live to Serve/Renewal
30 5 80 30 65 90 15 55

Xander:Paladin
[supported by Charlotte]
-Vantage
-Sol
-Aegis
-Pavise
-Renewal
55 65 5 50 45 75 50 25

Charlotte: Berserker
[supporting Xander]
-Sol
-Certain Blow
-Death Blow
-Tomebreaker
-Axefaire
95 80 0 50 65 45 20 5

Niles: Adventurer
-Replicate
-Quixotic
-Life and Death
-Lifetaker
-Bowfaire
40 40 35 45 70 30 30 60

Odin: Swordmaster
[Marries Elise]
-Quixotic
-Life and Death
-Astra
-Lifetaker
-Swordfaire
65 45 35 70 55 75 40 30

Percy: Berserker
[Parents: Arthur/Effie]
-Luna
-Certain Blow
-Death Blow
-Axefaire
-Aptitude
62.5 70 2.5 55 60 62.5 45 22.5

Velouria: Wolfssegner
[Parents: Keaton/Camilla]
-Tomebreaker
-Lancebreaker
-Savage Blow
-Grisly Wound
-Renewal
65 70 12.5 50 62.5 35 50 37.5

Forrest: Sorcerer
[Parents: Leo/Felicia]
-Certain Blow
-Quick Draw
-Life and Death
-Tomefaire
-Aptitude
47.5 12.5 75 25 47.5 40 25 60

Ophelia: Sorcerer
[Parents: Odin/Elise]
-Lifetaker
-Malefic Aura
-Rend Heaven
-Tomefaire
-Aptitude
37.5 10 80 32.5 60 67.5 22.5 50

So the final team formation will look something like this (Obviously switching units in and out of guard pairing as necessary):

Corrin || Jakob [Paired | Guard]

Azura

Selena || Silas [Paired | Guard]

Effie || Niles Replicate [Paired | Guard]

Niles

Velouria

Camilla || Percy [Paired | Guard]

Elise || Forrest [Attack]

Elise Replicate

Xander || Charlotte [Paired | Guard]

Odin || Ophelia [Paired | Guard]

I have no idea if this is viable, if the skills I picked are really appropriate (I just picked them from the wiki and tried to cover my bases in terms of variety), or if the pairings make any sense so any comments, criticisms, help, suggestions, etc. are appreciated. Most notable, in previewing this post I can't for the life of me remember why I put Inspiration on silence and it's things like that I need help with! Thanks.

Corrin || Jakob [Paired | Guard]

standard fare. Jakob probably reserved for Guard Stance tho in this case. the skills are overkill and don't be relying on Miracle for your strats ofc. you'll have to buy Hoshidan Unity guaranteed. Jakob will also have to buy a ton. if you're going to go Swordmaster, there's no need for Spd Boon. that's complete overkill. go +Str possibly

Azura

standard

Selena has some dmg issues while Silas has some Spd issues but I guess that's helped by Life or Death. though I question whether that's viable in Lunatic Conquest unless you plan on using her for only Player Phase and also one shotting. consider different skillset possibly. am I right to assume Silas is mostly if not reserved as Support? I might suggest Great Knight Silas for the extra Str and Def and Mov

very odd pairing to say the very least. especially as General Wary Fighter, Effie has absolutely no use for +Spd and +2 Res isn't worth. unless you're going for +1 Mov then no comment. but I still feel Effie would be slightly under max potential, considering she's one of the more useful units in Conquest. and at least in Conquest, in general, Effie can tank everything even without Armored Blow. plus it's only Player phase so even less utility

Niles

why does he have Quixotic? and Life and Death? Niles's bulk is already complete trash and is basically only worth healing, chip dmg, and mage killing. both Quixotic (bows have WTD and you want to abuse Dual Bow anyways) and Life or Death neuter his mage killing. either that or drops it to OHKOing, which isn't worth. for Mage killing, Niles shouldn't have a problem with Hit w/ Dual Bow

Velouria

she's strong enough to outright kill so Grisly Wound and Savage blow aren't very appealing. she'd prefer Sol for longer survivability and/or some dmg proc. also, Trample or some other +dmg skill is prefered over Savage Blow

why's Percy with Camilla? no support so you're just getting vanilla Berserker boost. also Vengeance simply isn't that good in Fates with HP being so low. either you don't get much output or you're gonna die. Lol Aptitude

Elise || Forrest [Attack]

Elise is going to have a lot of Res so Aegis and Countermagic both aren't very useful on her. and again you're only getting vanilla class boosts. if it was Forrest x Ophelia and Elise x Odin, you'd have S rank supports for added stats. though you said Attack stance... Odin's +crit bonuses could be useful for Elise and Forrest (Forrest by supporting Ophelia). for Forrest's skills, LoD again means PP only and not sure if that's the best. and rather than Quick Draw, Trample or Elbow Room, just to open up bonus dmg during EP at the cost of 1 dmg. also, if you're gonna use them in Attack Stance, then Certain Blow might not be needed (assuming you swap the pair up so they'll actually provide more +Hit). Lol Aptitude

Elise Replicate

^

Xander || Charlotte [Paired | Guard]

Xander's got a LOT of Def as well so Sol by itself is enough. Vantage isn't really useful if you don't expect to OHKO before the enemy attacks, which Xander is sometimes short of. he probably likes an offensive Proc, too. while Tomebreaker could be useful, honestly she should never be attacked by many Mages at once. ever. on PP, you should OHKO anyways, especially with Certain Blow. also, if you plan to use her, she'll be difficult to use since she comes underlvled for her recruit chapter. she could be Xander's permanent Support and not attack, herself

Odin || Ophelia [Paired | Guard]

^ w/ regard to pairing. though one's Guard and one's Attack *shrug* probably keep Odin in attack since all 3 (Ophelia, Forrest, Elise) are all +Mag, which don't help him. if Elise isn't stuck in Support, she can make use of her Personal, too. Quixotic on Odin is also very questionable. Swords are accurate and for the most part you'll use him to attack Berserkers and other Axe users. why help them kill you, especially with LoD equipped (again)? and Lifetaker is PP only so limited use.

a suggestion is also to make Ophelia a Witch instead. Lol Aptitude. and she could also go Crit build, really, with her Personal and class bonus

you're basically going to have to buy ALL these skills you know. and forced to play Gold DLC a LOT. there's also a lack of any Hidden weapon user at all, but not sure how much of an issue that really is. there's a reason why people hate enemy Ninja and say the weapon type is not balanced Lol

Edited by GoXDS

Okay the first suggestion I have is to NOT do a Lunatic run-- yet, at least.

Needless to say you're free to do what you want, but I highly, HIGHLY recommend doing a more casual playthrough of Conquest first-- Normal/Classic is what I would suggest, as Conquest is quite hard if you're not used to FE titles not named Awakening or Birthright. Go through it, ship people the way you want by supports or whatever, play the game and experience it on a normal level first-- THEN come back to this plan and do the Lunatic playthrough. That's my advice.

I second this. Hard Conquest is already harder than Birthright Lunatic, so you shouldn't try it immediately, especially if you're not a veteran, and excuse me, but your skillsets show a lack of self-confidence.

Considering your planning, sorry, but I see a lot of mistakes everywhere. Pair-Up bots are usually useless in Lunatic. Why? Because there are several Ninjas chapters, and they usually have Inevitable End which means that all the debuffs will stack once you're hit. There are three tips to avoid getting debuffed: to attack from outside of their range (impossible due to the lack of 3 ranged weapons in Conquest), to avoid getting hit (Shurinkenbreaker is good on fast units like Selena, that can have Weapon Triangle advantage by using Axes), and OHKO them, and it's especially here that Pair-ups are extremely bad. Basically, your pair-ups will reduce your actions/turn and prevent your units from Dual Striking to kill the Ninjas before they even hit.

Considering the skillsets, you'd rely too much on skill buying, and they don't seem designed for the units they're on. Having 200 proc-ing skills is a beginner's mistake, because it's just a waste of several slots. It looks good and impressive, but it's terrible. On the other hand, your skills are not adapted. Look at Azura, why would she need Aegis, Pavise? are you planning her to being hit ? Instead you should just use a simple, efficient, and accessible skillset, like:

Amaterasu

inspiring song

Luck +4 / Air superiority (because basically only flyiers are supposed to be able to hit her)

Voice of Peace

Waring Blow (if you want her to take down Mages thanks to her high Str, Skl, Spd and correct Res)

Same for Odin. Quitoxic and Life and Death, really ? So basically you reduce from 30% his avoid (on a "fast" unit, just to proc Astra more often?), and furthermore you increase the damage he'll take! I didn't use him, but Duelist's Blow is already a must-have on any fast unit. Why does Xander has both Sol and Renewal, especially if you give him Aegis and Pavise? I won't comment all your skillsets, but I'm sure you see what I mean.

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

Do NOT go into Conquest Lunatic blind, especially if you're struggling as much as you are in Birthright. You're not going to earn any extra brownie points with the community or anything like that by doing so. First and foremost, learn the mechanics of Fates, because you'll need to abuse some of them in Conquest.

Thanks so much for all the detailed responses.

Selena has some dmg issues while Silas has some Spd issues but I guess that's helped by Life or Death. though I question whether that's viable in Lunatic Conquest unless you plan on using her for only Player Phase and also one shotting. consider different skillset possibly. am I right to assume Silas is mostly if not reserved as Support? I might suggest Great Knight Silas for the extra Str and Def and Mov

I was kind of running with a mentality that I wanted to split the roles of characters, having some units that were tailored more towards defense and others that were tailored more towards offense, but most of the feedback says Life and Death is not viable, so I'll have to rethink that.

very odd pairing to say the very least. especially as General Wary Fighter, Effie has absolutely no use for +Spd and +2 Res isn't worth. unless you're going for +1 Mov then no comment. but I still feel Effie would be slightly under max potential, considering she's one of the more useful units in Conquest. and at least in Conquest, in general, Effie can tank everything even without Armored Blow. plus it's only Player phase so even less utility

Another beginner mistake I guess was thinking that if a unit could be paired up, then they probably should be paired up, but I think this was more relevant in Awakening and less so in Fates. Effie was marrying Arthur to create Percy, but then I was planning on ditching Arthur ASAP after.

Niles

why does he have Quixotic?

I don't know!

why's Percy with Camilla? no support so you're just getting vanilla Berserker boost. also Vengeance simply isn't that good in Fates with HP being so low. either you don't get much output or you're gonna die. Lol Aptitude

Again, just that mentality of trying to pair people up where I guess it's not necessary. Probably better to have Percy as an extra attacker anyway.

Is Aptitude bad? I would have thought that if you could get it, you should?

there's also a lack of any Hidden weapon user at all, but not sure how much of an issue that really is

Yeah, I don't know. Do you have any suggestions on who to replace/switch/reclass for that role if I were to use it?

I mean I'm not the best at the game (and I'm still on Ch26 Lunatic) but I really would not recommend Life and Death. Also since you'll be buying skils get some Shuriken Breaker up in here, them ninja are annoying as hell.

Can do!

Needless to say you're free to do what you want, but I highly, HIGHLY recommend doing a more casual playthrough of Conquest first-- Normal/Classic is what I would suggest, as Conquest is quite hard if you're not used to FE titles not named Awakening or Birthright. Go through it, ship people the way you want by supports or whatever, play the game and experience it on a normal level first-- THEN come back to this plan and do the Lunatic playthrough. That's my advice.

Ahahahaha, somehow you knew that Awakening and Birthright were the only two I had played...

Considering your planning, sorry, but I see a lot of mistakes everywhere. Pair-Up bots are usually useless in Lunatic. Why? Because there are several Ninjas chapters, and they usually have Inevitable End which means that all the debuffs will stack once you're hit. There are three tips to avoid getting debuffed: to attack from outside of their range (impossible due to the lack of 3 ranged weapons in Conquest), to avoid getting hit (Shurinkenbreaker is good on fast units like Selena, that can have Weapon Triangle advantage by using Axes), and OHKO them, and it's especially here that Pair-ups are extremely bad. Basically, your pair-ups will reduce your actions/turn and prevent your units from Dual Striking to kill the Ninjas before they even hit.

Thanks for this explanation. In my mind I had convinced myself that a unit should always be paired up if possible. I second guessed this when switching from Awakening to Fates because paired units don't dual strike, but still never really shook the idea that units should be paired if possible.

your skills are not adapted

Sure, that's fair. Obviously there was some logic in my mind when picking these skills, but they were picked outside of any kind of tested environment. I am a little worried about how much skill buying I would need to do. I'll go through and try and cut down the proc skills overall and make more use of Blow/Breaker skills.

Do NOT go into Conquest Lunatic blind, especially if you're struggling as much as you are in Birthright.

I'm not struggling in Birthright. I said I made some mistakes in terms of classes/skills/etc. But I'm actually finding the game too easy on Hard Classic. It was the same in Awakening, I played Hard Classic and found it so easy towards the end that it became boring. I would just put it on Auto and then skip all combat phases just for the sake of completing the game. I don't want that. I want a challenge.

You're not going to earn any extra brownie points with the community or anything like that by doing so. First and foremost, learn the mechanics of Fates, because you'll need to abuse some of them in Conquest.

It has nothing to do with gaining brownie points, whatever that means. All I know is that I played Awakening Hard Classic and it was so easy it was boring. I played Birthright on Hard Classic Blind and made a lot of mistakes and still didn't find much of a challenge in the game, even with extremely limited knowledge (as you can see from above). Logically the next step is to increase the difficulty? That being said, most people have said the same thing so I will take the advice and stick to the Hard Classic route I am on for now.

Again, thanks for all the comments and help setting me on the right track.

Ahahahaha, somehow you knew that Awakening and Birthright were the only two I had played...

Nothing wrong with that ;3 Everyone is introduced to the series at different points, and no one should be punished for that lol. I'm just tryna save you from punishing YOURSELF, hahaha.

I mean, I've been playing FE games since they started coming to the west and I struggled with Normal/Classic conquest on my first run through! DEFINITELY give yourself some space to just enjoy the game and learn the mechanics. Birthright IS really easy, but Conquest will def challenge you just by virtue of what it is, heh. Given your comments on how easy the other two games were, I think you'll find an enjoyable amount of challenge in Conquest.

To echo what everyone else has been saying, it isn't recommended to jump into Lunatic!Conquest blind... The Lunatic Club does exist for a reason. Normal!Conquest is a good deal harder than Hard!Birthright, so I strongly recommend you start there. Compared to the FE's you have played, Conquest's Maps have a ton more going on in them and I can see people outright hating them if they don't know what to expect. Heck, I've seen people say Chapter 25 on Hard is terribly designed: That Map on Lunatic gives the boss an extra Proc and the Ninja's can literally stack their debuffs infinitely.

As for a Hidden Weapon user, the two that I see recommended most often are Kaze and a reclassed Laslow (his child could also work if they have the right mother). I've heard good things about Master Ninja!Xander and Silas (both through an A+ with Kaze), though I've never tried them personally. Also, since you likely have 2 Paths, you can get the Dread Scroll from the Path Bonus. Dread Fighter is basically just Ninja+, with base stats equivalent to a Promoted class and 3 Weapon Types to choose from as early as Chapter 7. Most any physical fighter can work in it, so it does give you some leeway.

Chapter 25 Conquest is probably the BIGGEST pain, hahaha... so dumb.

Actually CQ Chapter 25's not that hard with a correct team and strategy (at least in Hard Mode). I still have nightmares about the Kitsune Lair though. Probably because I had like half my team or more on horseback.

Dread Fighter is basically just Ninja+, with base stats equivalent to a Promoted class and 3 Weapon Types to choose from as early as Chapter 7. Most any physical fighter can work in it, so it does give you some leeway.

Not really. Dread Fighter do not get class bonuses, unlike Ninjas, and their Shuriken mastery rank is limited to B, whereas their Sword rank can reach A. Both classes have nice Res, but Ninjas have more Skl (+15%, and secondarily +6 mod) and Spd (+5%, but +4), whereas DFs have better Str (+10%, +5 mod), HP (+10%), Mag (+5%, +3) and can use Axes.

I mean, Aptitude isn't bad per se. but for a Lvl 10 Base unit to Lvl 20 Promoted, that's only gonna get you 3 stats each on average. less they were recruited at higher lvls (unless inherited though not 100% sure if Aptitude is taken into consideration). it just looks really off when you're doing these crazy skill sets and when you're only giving it to 3 people. while they're technically hacked, there are 1st Gen units with Aptitude to buy from though if you feel taking advantage of someone else hacking while you personally aren't technically hacking is still no good, that's fine

depending on the characters, 3 extra pts by 20 isn't gonna do much and might be better with another skill immediately

as for Pairing up, by lategame you're pretty much forced to keep some or a good portion of your team paired up because you really need the extra stats and especially the Guards. but yes, you're probably Pairing up a bit too much/strictly. personally, I had some Pair ups but a lot solo but abused Attack Stance as much as I could. and especially because they're not Paired up, they should be more free in who they can support with when attacking. so for example, you could have Odin, Elise, and Ophelia all support each other in a "triple support". Forrest can still be Ophelia's Pair up. or you can use Odin-Ophelia-Forrest in a V support (rather than the triangle before).

and it's not like you're forced to stay in attack or guard stance once you decided on it. don't be too restrictive. you can pair up the attack stance people when needed and you can split the Guard as needed.

and lastly, if you're going to pair up people, you have to at least consider how efficient is that support. you prefer Support Rank over no support because you're just losing a lot of bonus stats that way. like you had ElisexForrest and OdinxOphelia. first pairing as I mentioned has no support and you could easily sitch to ElisexOdin and ForrestxOphelia. Odin's support barely changed. still has a magic support though trades some crit for dodge I guess. Forrest gained a lot in attack stance and Ophelia has a Mag support if she needs Pair Up. EffiexReplicate!Niles and CamillaxPercy as well. it should at the very least be Niles, and leave Replicate!Niles alone, especially if that guy isn't gonna support much. swapping is probably better since both pairings would then gain extra bonuses

it's not like in Awakening you pair up anyone with everyone. especially in Awakening, arguably, where the Pair Up bonuses for support rank are even higher

Actually CQ Chapter 25's not that hard with a correct team and strategy (at least in Hard Mode). I still have nightmares about the Kitsune Lair though. Probably because I had like half my team or more on horseback.

Not really. Dread Fighter do not get class bonuses, unlike Ninjas, and their Shuriken mastery rank is limited to B, whereas their Sword rank can reach A. Both classes have nice Res, but Ninjas have more Skl (+15%, and secondarily +6 mod) and Spd (+5%, but +4), whereas DFs have better Str (+10%, +5 mod), HP (+10%), Mag (+5%, +3) and can use Axes.

I was referring to the actual Ninja class, not Master Ninja. I do agree that Master Ninja is better, but for the early game, Dread Fighters bases can really help out. Well, at least in my opinion.

Depending on the characters, 3 extra pts by 20 isn't gonna do much and might be better with another skill immediately

and it's not like you're forced to stay in attack or guard stance once you decided on it. don't be too restrictive. you can pair up the attack stance people when needed and you can split the Guard as needed.

3 extra points often make a big difference though. But I would not recommand buying attitude on a character that does not have access to it. The game is more fun when using only skills that are accessible for a character IMO.

Yeah, I was a bit clumsy above, I'm not against Pair-Ups, but having Pair-Up bots or everybody paired up. It can save your run sometimes, and is really useful to move your units faster or further.

I was referring to the actual Ninja class, not Master Ninja. I do agree that Master Ninja is better, but for the early game, Dread Fighters bases can really help out. Well, at least in my opinion.

My bad, I misunderstood you. I agree that they can be useful early game (it changes your growths rate though). I usually use them late-game for their nice skills, for 4 level-ups.

Chapter 25 Conquest is probably the BIGGEST pain, hahaha... so dumb.

I see this and I raise you chapter 20 in Conquest.

Personally, I didn't struggle much in chapter 19 despite having a lot of beast units.

Personally, I didn't struggle much in chapter 19 despite having a lot of beast units.

The illusion thing was extremely tricky though, and you don't know when they'll decide to use it. Especially in areas where there are a lot of woods that block your mounted units' path (but not the Kitsunes'!). On the other hand, Chapter 20 is quite easy when you use the winds carefully. Unless you use a DV, it does proc at the end of the EP, so it's not that hard with some planning.

To echo what everyone else has been saying, it isn't recommended to jump into Lunatic!Conquest blind... The Lunatic Club does exist for a reason. Normal!Conquest is a good deal harder than Hard!Birthright, so I strongly recommend you start there. Compared to the FE's you have played, Conquest's Maps have a ton more going on in them and I can see people outright hating them if they don't know what to expect. Heck, I've seen people say Chapter 25 on Hard is terribly designed: That Map on Lunatic gives the boss an extra Proc and the Ninja's can literally stack their debuffs infinitely.

As for a Hidden Weapon user, the two that I see recommended most often are Kaze and a reclassed Laslow (his child could also work if they have the right mother). I've heard good things about Master Ninja!Xander and Silas (both through an A+ with Kaze), though I've never tried them personally. Also, since you likely have 2 Paths, you can get the Dread Scroll from the Path Bonus. Dread Fighter is basically just Ninja+, with base stats equivalent to a Promoted class and 3 Weapon Types to choose from as early as Chapter 7. Most any physical fighter can work in it, so it does give you some leeway.

If I get the item to do so, then reclassing one of my units into a Dread Fighter suits me (Maybe Odin?) Aggressor seems worth it.

I mean, Aptitude isn't bad per se. but for a Lvl 10 Base unit to Lvl 20 Promoted, that's only gonna get you 3 stats each on average. less they were recruited at higher lvls (unless inherited though not 100% sure if Aptitude is taken into consideration). it just looks really off when you're doing these crazy skill sets and when you're only giving it to 3 people. while they're technically hacked, there are 1st Gen units with Aptitude to buy from though if you feel taking advantage of someone else hacking while you personally aren't technically hacking is still no good, that's fine

I'd rather not use hacked skills if possible. I know when buying skills you can't ever know, but I mean I would rather only buy skills that the character could get naturally given time and effort.

Well I for one recommend Hard/Classic. That's what I did for my first blind playthrough, I thought it was rather decent. Hard but not ridiculously hard. And like I said I'm not even that good really. Although Chapters 19 and 20 were annoying.

Is probably what I will do. If it really is too hard I can always turn it down.

The illusion thing was extremely tricky though, and you don't know when they'll decide to use it. Especially in areas where there are a lot of woods that block your mounted units' path (but not the Kitsunes'!). On the other hand, Chapter 20 is quite easy when you use the winds carefully. Unless you use a DV, it does proc at the end of the EP, so it's not that hard with some planning.

Personally, I didn't really find the illusion gimmick all that bad (I just pulled back if I was being approached by illusions), and besides, kitsunes can do bugger all against ranged attacks. The wind, otoh, can easily derail your strategy, and even translate to a reset if the wrong unit gets separated from everyone else and winds up easy pickings. The majority of the enemies having Seal skills doesn't help, either...

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Difficulty tends to ramp as the game goes on. Except for Conquest, where the difficulty is all over the place. For example, one of the most painful chapters. . .is Chapter 10, which isn't too far out. Chapters 19 and 20 are aggravating for different reasons. And then from Chapter 25, the game gives you a giant middle finger all the way through.

That's why it's important to know what mechanics are used, and how to abuse them. Something that's good for one portion of the game may screw you over elsewhere.

I see this and I raise you chapter 20 in Conquest.

TBH I actually kinda like this level haha. IMO none of the enemies/formations are too hard and I actually like the wind DV mechanic.