Why are there so few characters in the 3DS era FE with facial hair?

IceBrand

I'm still disappointed that even though Fates had a category in the Avatar customization for special facial features yet there are no options for facial hair of any kind.

THIS! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I was actually rather salty that my MU couldnt be older than like, 17 years old. The fuck...and no pointy evil Jaffar style goatee anywhere to be seen in customization. And i also dont get to have full glorious beard, nor can i have a big bear of an MU. grrrrrrrr. I get one long hair option for male Corn and its not even that great. But no facial hair at all? /table flip

They do.

Exhibit A:

Wow, owned.

insulting moulder smh

No one insults MOULDER on my watch! D:<

I miss sexy Duessel style FE beards. *wistful sigh*

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this post confuses meI don't think there was ever a time that games or shows or any form of entertainment didn't focus on attractive people (so a failed attempt in a very similar fashion to how "this generation" comments tend to be)and also I have found quite a few "anime" characters that I thought look perfectly fine and even attractive in facial hair. But of course that's opinion, I'm pretty confused on why you're stating it as a fact

I was referring to specifically modern FE, not modern stuff in general

which is why characters like Gonzales don't exist anymore, which is a plus

and I mainly just find animated characters less attractive than real people in general so that leads to things I find selectively good being uniformly bad on fictional characters

what do you call that thing where you have your mustache connected to the hair on your chin and everything else is shaven off? i have that

edit researched and its called a van dyke or something. like its a goatee but you have a mustache too

Edited by Mimikyu

what do you call that thing where you have your mustache connected to the hair on your chin and everything else is shaven off? i have that

edit researched and its called a van dyke or something. like its a goatee but you have a mustache too

That's what my husband has.

yeah pretty sure it's called "van dyke" or something

That's what my husband has.

your husband is a baller

yeah pretty sure it's called "van dyke" or something

but its not a common term. if i were to say it someone they'd be like "oh wtf is that." i can always point to my face but yeah

facial hair is pretty lit

Because of the fetishization of the characters. They are meant to be first and foremost objects designed to check off various stereotypes to fuel the developer's desire to make an interactive anime. Considering the popularity of "pretty boys", facial hair is not considered appealing for the sake of lowest common denominator appeal.

Edited by The DanMan

As a 30 year old, I can say that I don't want a teenage pretty boy, but a mature man if this is going to be husbando simulator.

I prefer the term naughty ;)

As a 30 year old, I can say that I don't want a teenage pretty boy, but a mature man if this is going to be husbando simulator.

judging by the age group of most members on this website, I get the feeling that 30-year-olds don't comprise a very significant portion of the fe fanbase

though the more and more I think about it the more I think I might be using comprise wrong but whatever man :c

Edited by Freohr Datia

judging by the age group of most members on this website, I get the feeling that 30-year-olds don't comprise a very significant portion of the fe fanbase

though the more and more I think about it the more I think I might be using comprise wrong but whatever man :c

The next FE protagonist should be a 30 year old mother of two to cater to this untapped demographic.

It could also be cause since these games are Japanese, the idea of manliness over there is being a bishonen pretty boy. When they'd pretty much look like edgy twelve year old girls to us.

A bit sad no ones mentioned the Dozla and his Viking beard.

Yeah. As someone well over 30, i can say that super young husbando choices kinda wig me out. So i literally cannot self insert with my MUs. and Gunter is actually too old :( But as long as there are husbandos over 25 in the games, i guess ill be ok. But we do need more manly bearded Tauroneo types in FE.

It could also be cause since these games are Japanese, the idea of manliness over there is being a bishonen pretty boy. When they'd pretty much look like edgy twelve year old girls to us.

A bit sad no ones mentioned the Dozla and his Viking beard.

Dozla's beard is quite glorious. Sadly, hes not really hunky.