Ophelia/Velour questions

___

I don't like Berserkers. They're big, bulky, and have no class or style. But that str stat is so infuriatingly hard to resist. They even have decent Spd to boot. So would some one sell me on a different class for Velour? Her mother's Camilla. I've got her to lvl 25 but I'm not sure what to end the game with, I've most enjoyed using her as a Dread Fighter so far (but how useful is that or how much of a waste of her abilities?). Keep in mind this is just a regular, classic mode Revelations run.

Moving on.

I'll like to build an Ophelia with good Skill and Spd for my next Revelations run, so I thought to make her a Swordsmater, but...she's rather weak. If I make F!Corrin her mother, is there any way to make this work? Or could Charlotte/Camilla give better results? "Why would you even do that?", you ask. I really like her personal skill, and I can put all my other favorite skills on her. Of course, that "three tomes" requirement for her personal skill is a mess unless she's a Dark Knight, but those guys are slow and not very skillful. Levin Sword is awful in this game. I wouldn't mind a magic-oriented version, either, just if she had good Spd and Skill.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Nothing wrong with Velouria as a Wolfssenger.

As for Ophelia. . .Odin's got a neutral Strength modifier and decent Strength growth, so someone like Effie/Charlotte can shove her Strength up to something acceptable. If you're looking for something that's sorta-accurate and fast, there's Witch (27 Skl/34 Spd), Dark Flier (28 Skl, 33 Spd), Onmyoji (31 Skl, 32 Spd), and Nohr Noble (28 Skl, 32 Spd). If you can get Dark Flier, have Elise be Ophelia's mom, and watch the fireworks. Otherwise, you'll want something like +Spd/-Def Corrin, which will give Corrin +2 Skl and +4 Spd. Your call, though.

Nothing wrong with Velouria as a Wolfssenger.

As for Ophelia. . .Odin's got a neutral Strength modifier and decent Strength growth, so someone like Effie/Charlotte can shove her Strength up to something acceptable. If you're looking for something that's sorta-accurate and fast, there's Witch (27 Skl/34 Spd), Dark Flier (28 Skl, 33 Spd), Onmyoji (31 Skl, 32 Spd), and Nohr Noble (28 Skl, 32 Spd). If you can get Dark Flier, have Elise be Ophelia's mom, and watch the fireworks. Otherwise, you'll want something like +Spd/-Def Corrin, which will give Corrin +2 Skl and +4 Spd. Your call, though.

Oh, that all sounds wonderful. I actually do have Elise as Ophelia's current mother, I'll definitely try out making her a dark flier and play with her some more to see how it goes.

Thanks so much, you've been very helpful!

for Velouria I always go Wolfmaßinger. Can't ever go wrong with that one.

For Ophelia, I fail to understand two things. Why would you want to make her a physical unit when she has good magic? What makes you think the Levin Sword is by any means bad? Levin sword is really the only non-royal 1-2 range sword that can double. It hits magic, so if whoever uses gets to sniff a couple dozens of spirit dusts then they're set (you do get a couple dozens of spirit dusts in conquest, I am not sure about revelations). Skill issues with Ophelia are her own, as it's fault of her base growth and base stat. In order to increase base stats on children the parents need to be higher level than their children, not necessarily high stats.

If you're dead set into making her Samurai, then Kagero and Camilla are your best bet, but you'll hardly get anything better than Hana. Camilla gives her lots of skill and speed and salvages her mag by a bit, but her Str will live much to be desired. Kagero makes her strength growth real and will probably increase her base by a lot, but her mag growth will be dead and her skill will still be low. If you do want to make her a magic unit, then Felicia might give her higher base skill, but don't expect more than 2 or 3 stats. The difference between her lowest skill magical mother, Elise, and her highest, Orochi, is just 8% (32.5% and 40% respectively). That's less than 1 point every 10 levels.

Personally, I think it's best to stick with a magical mom, anyone really, and make up for hitrate with a Horse Spirit, Calamity Gate, or the combo of a Lightning tome and her skill "heartseeker".

Veloura having a skill that deals effective damage against beast units is great which is why I think you should keep her that way. Not to mention you'll only come across 2 or 3 beast killers in the game so it's not a big deal.

I recommend hero as a decent alternative to the berzeker

for Velouria I always go Wolfmaßinger. Can't ever go wrong with that one.

For Ophelia, I fail to understand two things. Why would you want to make her a physical unit when she has good magic? What makes you think the Levin Sword is by any means bad? Levin sword is really the only non-royal 1-2 range sword that can double. It hits magic, so if whoever uses gets to sniff a couple dozens of spirit dusts then they're set (you do get a couple dozens of spirit dusts in conquest, I am not sure about revelations). Skill issues with Ophelia are her own, as it's fault of her base growth and base stat. In order to increase base stats on children the parents need to be higher level than their children, not necessarily high stats.

Oh, I'm not deadset on making Ophelia something she isn't. Swordmasters are one of my favorite units, and since she's got access to the base samurai class, I thought to have a look to see if there was any future for her as a possible melee unit using Levin Sword. Of course, she's not made to be physical, that's fine. I mostly want a unit with good Skill and Speed, and I know her Mg is already great. It's fine she's an Onmyoji or something else, I can give that a try and hope for the best.

As for the comment about the Levin Sword, it's not completely bad, as you say you can double, but I still want that critical and offensive skills trigger chance. So no good for what I like.

Veloura having a skill that deals effective damage against beast units is great which is why I think you should keep her that way. Not to mention you'll only come across 2 or 3 beast killers in the game so it's not a big deal.

I recommend hero as a decent alternative to the berzeker

It's true that's not really a reason to worry about playing her, but how common are Beast Killers off the game? Castle battles and what not.

Speaking of, my current skill set is the following:

Gale Force, Aggressor, Sol, Axe Faire, Strength +2

I have found Lunge to be useful here and there. Besides Beast Bane, what else would you recommend trying? And what should I replace to make space for Beast Bane? If I play her as a Wolfssenger, that is (wait, I guess Axe Faire is an easy axe).

I like Velouria as a wolf. Can't help on Ophelia, unfortunately.

Yeah, I don't mind her as wolf since that's in her blood and all.

She's pretty full of flavorful, what with her red cape and being a wolf and all.

Thank you all for your input!

It's true that's not really a reason to worry about playing her, but how common are Beast Killers off the game? Castle battles and what not.

Speaking of, my current skill set is the following:

Gale Force, Aggressor, Sol, Axe Faire, Strength +2

there are better skills than Str +2 as well. Trample is easy +3 and versus horseback you'll do effective dmg anyways. slight loss vs Wyvern but w/e. or in the opposite end of the spectrum compared to Str +2, there's Quick Draw (but not easy getting that on her naturally) for +4 on Player Phase but +3 w/ Trample is probably best. the other option is the Cavalier one that's also +3

Edited by GoXDS

there are better skills than Str +2 as well. Trample is easy +3 and versus horseback you'll do effective dmg anyways. slight loss vs Wyvern but w/e. or in the opposite end of the spectrum compared to Str +2, there's Quick Draw (but not easy getting that on her naturally) for +4 on Player Phase but +3 w/ Trample is probably best. the other option is the Cavalier one that's also +3

Ah, Trample. That's a very good point on beast riders. ha, I completely overlooked that.

You've given me plenty of good reason to try it, thanks for your help!

I didn't get the chance in my last run but I wanted to try Velouria as a Wyvern Lord. Ofc, it IS pretty hard to beat Trample + Beastbane, I gotta admit.

As a Wyvern Lord, I'm left wanting for a way to deal with arrows. She's got strength to spare since she's naturally strong and she's got a good movement range, but I find the Berserker honestly performs better than any of the her optional classes; the Spd and Str, which are her best attributes, are at their best when she's a Berserker. Also, I would seriously add Bowbreaker if you ever go with a Wyvern Lord.

As a Wyvern Lord, I'm left wanting for a way to deal with arrows. She's got strength to spare since she's naturally strong and she's got a good movement range, but I find the Berserker honestly performs better than any of the her optional classes; the Spd and Str, which are her best attributes, are at their best when she's a Berserker. Also, I would seriously add Bowbreaker if you ever go with a Wyvern Lord.

Oh, definitely. Camilla can pass her Bowbreaker as well, though she has to work for it a bit.

To be fair, Trample is a level 15 skill, and not everyone has that kind of patience...

Yeah, I don't mind her as wolf since that's in her blood and all.

She's pretty full of flavorful, what with her red cape and being a wolf and all.

Yeah. It helps that Beaststones have a Crit evade boost.

Incidentally, I'm no fan of Berserkers either.

To be fair, Trample is a level 15 skill, and not everyone has that kind of patience...

and to be fair, Velouria's current skill set has 3 other Lvl 15 skills already. either this is endgame and it's grinding or buying time anyways, or they're buying skills from the start

and to be fair, Velouria's current skill set has 3 other Lvl 15 skills already. either this is endgame and it's grinding or buying time anyways, or they're buying skills from the start

You have not idea the amount of grinding I've been doing....

Never bought any skills, either.

But it's endgame, so I'm done with grinding with her. I've used one Eternal Seal on her already and can only level up one more time, so I'll get that Trample, reclass to Wolfssenger, and play with it a little see how it feels. Most of my focus now will be on seeing how Ophelia turns out.

And I didn't know Beastones offered a Crit evade bonus, cool stuff.

Thanks again guys.

You have not idea the amount of grinding I've been doing....

Never bought any skills, either.

But it's endgame, so I'm done with grinding with her. I've used one Eternal Seal on her already and can only level up one more time, so I'll get that Trample, reclass to Wolfssenger, and play with it a little see how it feels. Most of my focus now will be on seeing how Ophelia turns out.

And I didn't know Beastones offered a Crit evade bonus, cool stuff.

Thanks again guys.

Dammit, the joke's on me. I thought you were earlier than that...

As for the comment about the Levin Sword, it's not completely bad, as you say you can double, but I still want that critical and offensive skills trigger chance. So no good for what I like.

Well from personal experience that's a very good exchange, since it has quite a lot of base mt at 11, which is higher than the Brynhidlr, as strong as Ragnarok, Dragon Spirit and Rabbit Spirit. Enemies usually have low res, so with a weapon that strong and decent base Mag, about 20, you can very reliably kill stuff in one round from a safe distance The biggest problem it has it's the -20 avoid penalty. You're also free to use other weapons while running it too if you want the falshier skills, but Levin Sword behind Swordfaire and Malefic Aura is quite the potent force in theory. Do take it into consideration.

Well from personal experience that's a very good exchange, since it has quite a lot of base mt at 11, which is higher than the Brynhidlr, as strong as Ragnarok, Dragon Spirit and Rabbit Spirit. Enemies usually have low res, so with a weapon that strong and decent base Mag, about 20, you can very reliably kill stuff in one round from a safe distance The biggest problem it has it's the -20 avoid penalty. You're also free to use other weapons while running it too if you want the falshier skills, but Levin Sword behind Swordfaire and Malefic Aura is quite the potent force in theory. Do take it into consideration.

I am still experimenting, so that's not entirely out of the question. I was really fond of Levin Sword in Awakening, pretty disappointed in most every weapon on Fates with their awful penalties in exchange for being eternal.

Yeah, Wolfssegners are great. Their unforgeable and limited weapon class is a bit of a drag, but it also means that you can alter her defensive stats on the fly to adjust to any situation and bait any melee foe. Plus she's usually more than strong enough to one-round enemies even with 6-9 weapon might.

Plus let's not kid ourselves, that class outfit is awesome.

Yeah, Wolfssegners are great. Their unforgeable and limited weapon class is a bit of a drag, but it also means that you can alter her defensive stats on the fly to adjust to any situation and bait any melee foe. Plus she's usually more than strong enough to one-round enemies even with 6-9 weapon might.

Plus let's not kid ourselves, that class outfit is awesome.

3rd highest Str stat (36) after Berserker (40) and General (38), too. and honestly I find them much better than Taguel in Awakening (mostly because in Awakening, being forced 1 range sucked more because of weapon options that were available)

her outfits are so classy~ too bad she never stays in it long in combat... only big downside

I am still experimenting, so that's not entirely out of the question. I was really fond of Levin Sword in Awakening, pretty disappointed in most every weapon on Fates with their awful penalties in exchange for being eternal.

In my eyes losing crits and special skills is a very benign penalty, since one should not take them into consideration when planning battles all the time, specially since skills do not proc as often as Awakening. The -20 avoid is harsh on Swordmasters, but at the same time it's partially mitigated by the Swordmaster's own natural avoid bonus. -2 penalties from Silver and Lightning are not that bad if you don't tank hits with a Silver weapon and use them sparingly. Don't let penalties fron weapons discourage you from using varieties beyond irons and steels, try to work around the penalties.

Oh no, you've got the right, sensible argument. I understand all of it.

This is very much just a whim of mine, I now rellying on skills is not the smartest strategy around. I just love some of that flashy stuff, and accept all the weird looks for it, ha. Kind of how I was asking for opinions about Velour being something else than a Berserker, which I honestly do think is probably the best choice for her as an end class.

If you like procs, they can work, you just need to completely build your character around them. Give them quixotic and/or Hoshidan unity and give them 2-3 procs, maybe using Nohrian Trust to maximize how many you can get. It's easy to make a bond unit that will give you two.

Edited by Alastor15243

If you like procs, they can work, you just need to completely build your character around them. Give them quixotic and/or Hoshidan unity and give them 2-3 procs, maybe using Nohrian Trust to maximize how many you can get. It's easy to make a bond unit that will give you two.

I have a bond unit with Quixotic as his personal skill. It was fun times.

Ah, Nohrian Trust! I forgot about that one. I'll have to look over my planned run again to see if I can use that for what I want.

But yes, Quixotic & Hoshidan Unity are pretty much base skills I'm aiming for. Cold, methodical planning is great and all, but I'm here for the fun, flashy stuff, even if it's not the most effective.