Favorite Fire Emblem quote

Christianguy7

So what''a everyone's favorite FE quote? My favorite is probably Lissa's quote from the beginning of awakening about eating bear. "I ate a bear once you know! With my teeth!"

Edited by Kirie

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I am Wrys, a humble curate, I cannot fight, but I can heal wounded allies. Take me with you, and you'll be very glad that you did."-Wrys FE1 and 11

"I know that to love another, is to watch the world move past him, but such short years make an eternity worth living"-Tiki FE13

"Fight for your friends"- Corrin Fates Revelation

Soren
Ignorance is a form of bliss, is it not? These people don't know what it's like to lose a war. They don't want to know. Crimea as a nation has always been blessed by peace. Perhaps this is due to the temperament of its rulers, but the country hasn't seen serious warfare for centuries. While minor skirmishes with the kingdom of Daein have been legion, only the eastern borderlands have taken damage.
Humans are shameless creatures that carelessly ignore any misfortune which does not befall them directly. They can--and often do--turn a blind eye to all manner of wickedness so long as it does not touch them or their kin. They will bow their heads, condemning those victims for bringing calamity upon themselves, and then they will cast their eyes toward heaven in thanks while their neighbors lay dying around them.
When the Daein army darkens their doorsteps, perhaps they will understand. When the peace they take for granted is shattered, and their sons and daughters slaughtered in the streets...Perhaps then will they comprehend the misfortunes they so long pretended not to see. I have no sympathy for them.

From what amount I played of Path of Radiance, I can confirm that Soren is the realest in all FE

From what amount I played of Path of Radiance, I can confirm that Soren is the realest in all FE

Favorite character in the series. Woop woop!

Still, my vote, as always, goes to Laurent's line in Future Past 3 as Lucina is preparing to finish Grima off. Its timing is perfect, the music accompanying it is great, and it's so simple yet impactful.

"One miracle after another has made this possible. Now it's time for one more!"

Honorable mention goes to Tibarn, who has the cutest line in the series.

"Hello, boys! It's good to see you two still hang out!"

Just kidding guys my favorite line in the series is when Ryouma talks about having been jealous of four-year-old Corrin for their kingly/queenly traits

Edited by Thane

I would sooner compare you to a filthy, disease-ridden mutt!

Gotta go with Clarine talking back to Narcian. My favorite badass quote comes from Jagen in FE12:

Lang, my liege might forgive your frequent rudeness to him, but I will not. Come, draw your sword. Even though I, Jagen, am old and senile, I will not lose to the likes of you.

"Gatrie, I swear you'd hit on a tree if I dressed it in a skirt! Tell me I'm wrong!" - Shinon in RD.

Best. Quote. In the series. Ever. XD

I'm a bit bothered by the context of that quote. While this is an accurate description of Gatrie, Shinon in that scene is disgusted because Gatrie is swooning over a laguz girl, making that line kiiinda racist...

I'm a bit bothered by the context of that quote. While this is an accurate description of Gatrie, Shinon in that scene is disgusted because Gatrie is swooning over a laguz girl, making that line kiiinda racist...

Er, that's kind of the point, as Shinon is racist. :P

Leaf: “I feel sorry for Dagda. Why can’t the people get proper jobs?”

August: “This barren land can’t be worked. Probably most of those people are the descendents of Thracian peasants. They were abandoned as children and had no choice but to grow up to be bandits. They wouldn’t have been able to survive otherwise.”

Leaf: “What? Nonsense! What parents would abandon their own children?”
August: “Oh? You were traveling, yet you don’t know the pain of starvation? Where did your food come from when you running from the Empire?”
Leaf: “Food? I…don’t know. But my hunger was always satisfied…”
August: “Hm, I see you were blessed with fine servants. But you don’t understand the suffering of the people. Southern Thracia is covered with steep mountains. The soil is dry, and the climate is harsh. The farmers work day and night, but still they aren’t able to feed themselves. Either they all starve, or they sacrifice a few to let the others survive. This is the truth, Lord Leaf.”
Leaf: “Can’t they import food from other countries? Northern Thracia didn’t have a shortage in food at all.”
August: “Northern Thracia has placed tarrifs on the south. They are especially strict about agricultural trade.”
Leaf: “What did they do that for?”
August: “The immediate reason lies in the war that happened one hundred years ago, but the situation continues to this day because the north and south don’t try to understand each other. Also, Northern Thracian nobles are known to be especially greedy.”
Leaf: “I’ve always been told that Thracia was a cruel, militant empire. But…they have their own troubles. Why? Why do they keep on hating each other? They used to be one unified kingdom…”
August: “That is the tragedy that lies behind the two sacred spears, the Gae Bolg and the Gungnir. People can become both wise and foolish depending on their leader. Lord Leaf, you have much to learn to be able to lead your country to a bright future. You must not make the same mistake as your father…”
It's not a single quote but nothing else comes to mind. Guys, FE5 is such a good game.

"You're inhuman. Your soul is black and devoid of warmth." - Jaffar (to Sonia)

Soren (to Ike): When the sage died, no one would help me. I couldn’t speak. Couldn’t find food. I was dying. You were the only one who helped. You and your father. That’s why you’re my friend. My…only friend.

I don't know why, but those two just really stand out and make me cry.

Lissa: Trying to speak when there bugs in her mouth.

I dunno why but this makes me laugh every single time.

"People of Crimea! Behold a true queen! Your queen! Long live Queen Elincia!" - Lucia, before the Execution cutscene plays. Her entire character, summed up in those glorious lines.

Darin: "Blood? Is this...my blood? Ephidel! Come to me!! Your master... calls you! I am the ruler... of...the...world..."

Maybe it wouldn't stand out to me as much if that chapter weren't so darned hard for me to beat as a kid, but ever since I finally did beat it, this has been ingrained in my head as one of the coolest death quotes of any character in the series, period.

There are probably others but the one that springs to mind is from my man, Duessel.

“Your Majesty, you know that I will gladly lay down my life for an honorable cause! But these orders- and all of our recent actions- they are not just! If I saw any way in which this invasion protected Grado, I would hold my tongue. But now, Renais is left ungoverned to drown in chaos, and we gain nothing! Why do you wage this war? What is it you hope to achieve? You've sent our men to fight and die for nothing! This isn't war- it's murder!”

Let it be said that even when Fire Emblem doesn't have the most riveting stories, there are a lot of gems hidden in the dialogue.

Soren is the coldest dude. I like his boss dialogue in Roadside Battle.

Soren: You forced this combat. We cannot allow you to return home. Are you ready to die?

*And at that moment, Maijin the knight knew he fucked up*

Just kidding guys my favorite line in the series is when Ryouma talks about having been jealous of four-year-old Corrin for their kingly/queenly traits

My personal favorite was Nohrrin's "You intend to buy peace with death? That's madness!" in response to an assassination plot against Garon.

Bt7Lkd3.png

Darin: "Blood? Is this...my blood? Ephidel! Come to me!! Your master... calls you! I am the ruler... of...the...world..."

Maybe it wouldn't stand out to me as much if that chapter weren't so darned hard for me to beat as a kid, but ever since I finally did beat it, this has been ingrained in my head as one of the coolest death quotes of any character in the series, period.

I quite enjoyed that one too. He's so delusional that he doesn't even realize he's dying. A puppet to the very end.

i really, really like joshua's quote when he's talking to caellach: "Listen, Caellach...I've got to kill you now. Don't hold it against me."

i don't really know why, but it's definitely shot up to one of my favorite quotes lmfao

Ike: What of you? Are you leaving?

Yune: I am. But I believe it’s for the best. This world does not need gods. We have always failed you. We’ve made you weak. That’s why we must…go.

Ike: You don’t have to leave.

Yune: Hm?

Ike: It’s true, we don’t have much use for gods. But, well… You show us what we should aspire to. We need inspiration. You give us a reason to grow. To become more than we are. And if we don’t have that, Yune, we’re nothing more than statues. See?

Yune: Can you forgive me for the pain I’ve caused?

Ike: I don’t know. But you have already forgiven us. How could we not?

Yune: [Deliberately blank]

Ike: We are all family. We will try to understand one another, even when we disagree.

Yune: You’re right. I will try. One more time.

this is my favorite quote in the whole series and it sums up my view of religion in a nut shell.