How am I doing in Binding Blade?

Harvey

Ok so the only units that are promoted so far for me are Rutger who is already maxed out and Dieck. The others are almost there to level 20 and have yet to get promoted.

My Lugh is at lv 18 and Lillina is lv 15.

Allen is lv 17 and Lance is lv 12.

Geese is lv 18 and Fir is lv 17.

Roy is lv 15.

Shanna is at lv 12 and Milady is at lv 17......

Clarine is at lv 15.

I'm currently in chapter 15....am I screwed?

You can technically beat the game with 0% growths - FE6 has a lot of decent prepromotes that can slot right in if your team feels weak. You seem to have a pretty solid squad assembled.

Promoting around level 15 is advisable, maybe even earlier for some units (healers, mostly).

You can technically beat the game with 0% growths - FE6 has a lot of decent prepromotes that can slot right in if your team feels weak. You seem to have a pretty solid squad assembled.

Promoting around level 15 is advisable, maybe even earlier for some units (healers, mostly).

Those prepromotes when I read them are stated average or aren't that impressive when looking at units like Klain and Percaval.

Those prepromotes when I read them are stated average or aren't that impressive when looking at units like Klain and Percaval.

Percival is a God what are you smoking... no seriously he will be better didn't really most cavalier you can train only Lance and Alan have a chance to be as good even then they're not as good because of weapon levels hecomes with a free A in Lance and Sword and a C and axes. Anyways personal bias I recommend Igrene over Klein, Karel is a God but he'll probably have a spot stolen and by Rutger in the final chapter. Oh and by the way good luck getting the third Hero Crest.

Your team be plenty full I assume your using Astor as your thief (there are many maps I recommend two theifs though Chad or Cath), then you get Lalum/Elphin, and Fae, and sometimes having Merlinus on map is nice.

But anyways most of them areusable I recommend Cecilia because free mounted healer, Niime, Yoder, Dayan/Juno is decent, Echidna/Batre are pretty good, Garret is not bad, and Douglas is the best armor knight (that is not saying much though).

Only one I'd recommend avoiding is Douglas the rest do their job fine enough, also Marcus and Jerrot (Jerrot can be used but I wouldn't really say you should, but I suppose he do a decent job) are Jagens in their purest form so I wouldn't use them.

Percival is a God what are you smoking... no seriously he will be better didn't really most cavalier you can train only Lance and Alan have a chance to be as good even then they're not as good because of weapon levels hecomes with a free A in Lance and Sword and a C and axes. Anyways personal bias I recommend Igrene over Klein, Karel is a God but he'll probably have a spot stolen and by Rutger in the final chapter. Oh and by the way good luck getting the third Hero Crest.

Your team be plenty full I assume your using Astor as your thief (there are many maps I recommend two theifs though Chad or Cath), then you get Lalum/Elphin, and Fae, and sometimes having Merlinus on map is nice.

But anyways most of them areusable I recommend Cecilia because free mounted healer, Niime, Yoder, Dayan/Juno is decent, Echidna/Batre are pretty good, Garret is not bad, and Douglas is the best armor knight (that is not saying much though).

Only one I'd recommend avoiding is Douglas the rest do their job fine enough, also Marcus and Jerrot (Jerrot can be used but I wouldn't really say you should, but I suppose he do a decent job) are Jagens in their purest form so I wouldn't use them.

Ok....so should I ditch Lance In favor of him instead?

Ok....so should I ditch Lance In favor of him instead?

Use all three the maps are huge in this game you want Cavaliers, Drop Geese or Fir there's not enough hero crests to go around

Edited by Locke087

You have like no supports

Well I have a B Support with Lance and Allen, Lillina and Roy and Rutger and Clarine. Only got a C for Dieck and Rutger.

Also, many seem to say to skip supports as they take too long to do so and they are pointless.....

Supports are a nice bonus but it doesn't take an LTC mindset to admit that they simply don't happen organically, bar a couple of the easiest ones. Either way, your team is clearly good enough, and the supports you do have will help that in small ways.

Perceval, incidentally, is only terrifyingly good in Hard Mode IIRC, though still perfectly above-average in Normal.

The limit on total support points per chapter doesn't help, either. In FE7 and FE8, you could just position your units appropriately and then end turn ad nauseum to increase all your support levels by one. Binding Blade doesn't even allow that.

So now I'm in chapter 23 and I got all my units promoted. But most of them aren't close to lv 20 and are all around lv 10 and above particularly my lance. Am I screwed?

Oh and Roy is at lv 2 now that he's promoted.....is he screwed?

Edited by Harvey

So now I'm in chapter 23 and I got all my units promoted. But most of them aren't close to lv 20 and are all around lv 10 and above particularly my lance. Am I screwed?

Oh and Roy is at lv 2 now that he's promoted.....is he screwed?

Really, it depends on your bases.

I can't really tell how your Roy would do against Chapter 23's units on the level alone (though I assume that he's not that strong right now)

Being around level 10 shouldn't be too big a deal, but If they're a bit low in their stats I'd worry about using them in the last chapters (and you'll only have 8 to choose if Fa's alive, fair warning)