Count Until Mods Post! Current Count: 69 haha sex number

Truthblade

4 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Funny enough I've hardly seen any anime movies. I should probably get on that sometime. Your name was pretty great.

Also @Anime27Arts and @Arcanite, I'll have my revenge someday. Just you wait.

I await the day you ninja me on the challenge or decide to hire your assassin on me again.

Might I suggest starting with Studio Ghibli movie to start with.  They are easier for some people to get into because the style is more cartoony and the quality of the animation and story are both top notch.

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

Watching it, I honestly started to forget it wasn't a Ghibli film.

Your Name is by is by far my favorite, but I've seen Children who Chase Lost Voices, Voices of a Distant Star, and The Place Promised in Our Early Days.  I want to watch them all eventually but these are the only one's I've gotten to see.

Natalie is the best name to ever exist and no one can tell me otherwise!

Yeah same. It was a real surprise to see such lovely animation from something non-Ghibli with an amazing storyline. RIP not being able to go to the Ghibli Museum when I was in Japan.

I see. I've only seen Garden of Words and 5 Centimetres Per Second, as the ones you mentioned aren't even available on DVD over here. One day Amazon or Netflix might get them... I can dream...

No Anime27Arts is the most amazing name in the whole world.

10 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Funny enough I've hardly seen any anime movies. I should probably get on that sometime. Your name was pretty great.

I would say, "Not even Studio Ghibli?" but their films are too high class to be called anime.

Studio Ghibli is so great that my cats are named after characters heh.

Edited by Natalie

5 minutes ago, Natalie said:

Yeah same. It was a real surprise to see such lovely animation from something non-Ghibli with an amazing storyline. RIP not being able to go to the Ghibli Museum when I was in Japan.

I see. I've only seen Garden of Words and 5 Centimetres Per Second, as the ones you mentioned aren't even available on DVD over here. One day Amazon or Netflix might get them... I can dream...

No Anime27Arts is the most amazing name in the whole world.

I would say, "Not even Studio Ghibli?" but their films are too high class to be called anime.

Studio Ghibli is so great that my cats are named after characters heh.

It's hard to have both and it not be Ghibli RIP not being able to go to Japan at all ;-;

The internet is a wonderful place.  I found them online a long time ago and watched them.  

I simply cannot believe that Natalie is not the best name to ever be created.

I name my pets after fictional characters too, it's alright.

33 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

I await the day you ninja me on the challenge or decide to hire your assassin on me again.

Might I suggest starting with Studio Ghibli movie to start with.  They are easier for some people to get into because the style is more cartoony and the quality of the animation and story are both top notch.

What no, I never hired assasins on you, they were supposed to target your twin.

@Mackc2 Are you seriously going to tell me you didn't even get the right target?

Uhm, you're aware I've watched a lot of anime right? Just not a lot of anime movies. I've heard a lot about that studio though, so I guess I'll give them a shot. Any recommendations on what to watch first?

4 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

What no, I never hired assasins on you, they were supposed to target your twin.

@Mackc2 Are you seriously going to tell me you didn't even get the right target?

Uhm, you're aware I've watched a lot of anime right? Just not a lot of anime movies. I've heard a lot about that studio though, so I guess I'll give them a shot. Any recommendations on what to watch first?

Opps!  Didn't realize though I should of seeing as you knew who the characters in my signature were.  Heh opps.  Well besides that, Studio Ghibli are usually the better made movies with a good story and style all around.  My favorite is Howl's Moving Castle personally but Princess Mononoke is really good.  Most of their stuff is good so no matter where you start you're pretty well off.

2 hours ago, Bartozio said:

2 hours ago, Anime27Arts said:

My favorite is Howl's Moving Castle personally but Princess Mononoke is really good.  Most of their stuff is good so no matter where you start you're pretty well off.

Spirited Away is my personal favorite of theirs. I have to agree, though, you can't really go wrong with Ghibli films. 

Thank goodness I went to sleep before the anime talk started.

I've heard a lot of good things about Studio Ghibli movies, but I have yet to watch any of them. I should see if I can find any of them to watch soon.

2 hours ago, Balcerzak said:

Spirited Away is my personal favorite of theirs. I have to agree, though, you can't really go wrong with Ghibli films. 

4 hours ago, Anime27Arts said:

Opps!  Didn't realize though I should of seeing as you knew who the characters in my signature were.  Heh opps.  Well besides that, Studio Ghibli are usually the better made movies with a good story and style all around.  My favorite is Howl's Moving Castle personally but Princess Mononoke is really good.  Most of their stuff is good so no matter where you start you're pretty well off.

Thank you, I will start with one these then.

Also @DefaultBeep, just saying but...

1 hour ago, DefaultBeep said:

Thank goodness I went to sleep before the anime talk started.

I've heard a lot of good things about Studio Ghibli movies, but I have yet to watch any of them. I should see if I can find any of them to watch soon.

35 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

I have yet to see a Studio Ghibli film as well...

... And we're back at 2 3 darn you Bart...

GO.
GO WATCH ONE NOW.
I don't really watch anime, but Studio Ghibli are honestly some of the most beautiful animations out there.
My personal favourites are Howl's Moving Castle (also my favourite book) and Princess Mononoke, although I recommend Howl first if you're not already 'used' to things like anime.

The first time I have my favourite number~

Good news guys, my teeth aren't rotting away just yet.

1 hour ago, Natalie said:

GO.
GO WATCH ONE NOW.
I don't really watch anime, but Studio Ghibli are honestly some of the most beautiful animations out there.
My personal favourites are Howl's Moving Castle (also my favourite book) and Princess Mononoke, although I recommend Howl first if you're not already 'used' to things like anime.

You're enthusiasm is very persuading, haha. I don't have much to do today now that I'm back home, so I'll search around to see if I can find either of those movies. I don't watch much anime (my knowledge extends exclusively to Fruits Basket, Legend of the Legendary Heroes, Death Note, and the first 15 episodes of the original Dragon Ball), but I don't mind watching anime and anime-esque things.

I feel the need to mention that, when trying to see if Howl's Moving Castle was on Hulu (it wasn't, sadly), one of the top search results was "Bubba The Redneck Werewolf". I'm not sure how to feel about this movie's existence. But I also kinda want to watch it to see what it's like.

GO.
GO WATCH ONE NOW.

If it isn't a figment of my imagination, I actually do think I saw one - the Secret Life of Airiette... or something. No idea if it was Studio Ghibli though.

But yes. I do need to see one some anime movies.

28 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Ironically, I just went to the dentist earlier today, and my mouth is still perfect.

32 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

You're enthusiasm is very persuading, haha. I don't have much to do today now that I'm back home, so I'll search around to see if I can find either of those movies. I don't watch much anime (my knowledge extends exclusively to Fruits Basket, Legend of the Legendary Heroes, Death Note, and the first 15 episodes of the original Dragon Ball), but I don't mind watching anime and anime-esque things.

I feel the need to mention that, when trying to see if Howl's Moving Castle was on Hulu (it wasn't, sadly), one of the top search results was "Bubba The Redneck Werewolf". I'm not sure how to feel about this movie's existence. But I also kinda want to watch it to see what it's like.

I've pretty much only seen like Fullmetal Alchemist, Death Note and uhh... Attack on Titan and then a couple of weird things that I stopped part way through don't ever mention Seven Deadly Sins to me I'm still scarred.

The trouble is after watching things like Studio Ghibli I've become a bit of a purist when it comes to animation. I adore stop-motion animation though. It also doesn't help my brother is doing animation and 3D modelling at university either.

I'm intrigued... if you end up watching it, I'd like to know what you thought haha.

2 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

If it isn't a figment of my imagination, I actually do think I saw one - the Secret Life of Airiette... or something. No idea if it was Studio Ghibli though.

Ironically, I just went to the dentist earlier today, and my mouth is still perfect.

YES 
YES

Arrietty~

That's an interesting one to start with (not Hayao Miyazaki's work) but the animation is lovely.

GO.
GO WATCH ONE NOW.

I love how we recommended the same two movies.

Maybe I have another twin and we are actually triplets.

41 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Howl's is actually going to be in theaters soon for the Studio Ghibli celebration.  You can find a theatre near you here if you really want to see it.

12 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

Secret Life of Ariette was one.  It's not their best one, but it was a pretty good one that they did.  

Edited by Anime27Arts

7 minutes ago, Natalie said:

YES 
YES

Arrietty~

That's an interesting one to start with (not Hayao Miyazaki's work) but the animation is lovely.

7 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

Secret Life of Ariette was one.  It's not their best one, but it was a pretty good one that they did.  

I think it premiered on Disney Channel or something and I only watched it because of that... and I was paying more attention to the plot than the animation and wasn't too impressed.

Yeah, the only anime I've watched is Fullmetal Alchemist, Death Note, and Fairy Tail, (plus some Pokemon, but that's a given). So I definitely need to watch some more.

17 minutes ago, Natalie said:

I've pretty much only seen like Fullmetal Alchemist, Death Note and uhh... Attack on Titan and then a couple of weird things that I stopped part way through don't ever mention Seven Deadly Sins to me I'm still scarred.

What's wrong with the Seven Deadly Sins? ;-;

4 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

I think it premiered on Disney Channel or something and I only watched it because of that... and I was paying more attention to the plot than the animation and wasn't too impressed.

Yeah, the only anime I've watched is Fullmetal Alchemist, Death Note, and Fairy Tail, (plus some Pokemon, but that's a given). So I definitely need to watch some more.

It did, that's how I was introduced to Studio Ghibli.  It was a really sweet film.

As for the ones you've watched, many of them are mainstream ones but all of those are pretty good.  Fairy Tail was my first anime, aside from Pokemon which came on tv, and I can definitely say it's a favorite.

Edited by Anime27Arts

1 minute ago, Anime27Arts said:

What's wrong with the Seven Deadly Sins? ;-;

I only got to like the 3rd episode and well... I just wasn't comfortable with watching it...

I like safe anime where no one is groped.

34 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

Really? That's what my appointment was for as well, haha. No issues for me either, so I can now resume my day and week as normal.

24 minutes ago, Natalie said:

The trouble is after watching things like Studio Ghibli I've become a bit of a purist when it comes to animation. I adore stop-motion animation though. It also doesn't help my brother is doing animation and 3D modelling at university either.

I'm intrigued... if you end up watching it, I'd like to know what you thought haha.

I'm really bad about sticking with TV shows, which is really the only reason I don't watch more anime or TV shows in general. The fact that I managed to watch all of Battlestar Galactica and Gravity Falls is an absolute miracle.

I think I might have to watch it now, haha. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Update as I was typing this: 30 seconds in, and there's been a location called "Barkham Asylum". This is gonna be one of those movies...

23 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

Howl's is actually going to be in theaters soon for the Studio Ghibli celebration.  You can find a theatre near you here if you really want to see it.

Ooo, thanks for letting me know! I'll definitely look to see if I can find one that I won't be busy during.

11 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

(plus some Pokemon, but that's a given)

Oh yeah, I actually saw one of the Pokémon movie several years ago! I don't know why my parents decided the movie was okay while the games and show weren't, but oh well I guess. The only thing that I remember about it is that one of the characters (I think one of the villains?) got turned into a Lickitung. That was a thing that happened, I guess.

Edited by DefaultBeep

3 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I think I might have to watch it now, haha. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Update as I was typing this: 30 seconds in, and there's been a location called "Barkham Asylum". This is gonna be one of those movies...

Now I'm even more intrigued.