Count Until Mods Post! Current Count: 69 haha sex number

Truthblade

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Mackc2 said:

Bad luck Bart (you didn't happen to have any recommendations for more anime)

You don't wonder if I have recommendations, you wonder when I'll finally shut up about them.

Spoiler

Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Bladeworks. I recall you saying you haven't watched this one yet. It's made by the same studio that did Fate Zero, so the animation is incredible. It doesn't have the awesome black knight type mc as fate zero, but it does focus heavily on the contrast between the idealistic and young Shiro and a character that has a similar backstory and filosofy as Kiritsugu, so I think you'll still like it.

Ancient Magus' Bride. It's a fantasy anime (currently airing) that doesn't have a lot of action, but the world and characters are very well writen. It's a bit dark (focusses a lot around dead), but I'm greatly enjoying it.

Shoukoku no Altair. Also currently airing. It's not a fantasy anime, but more of a historical one (still fiction though). It follows a young general trying to prevent a war and focusses heavily on the political aspects around war.

If you want a hitorical anime more focussed around actual warfare, Kingdom is pretty good. The animation isn't though, so you can always decide to just read the manga.

Akatsuki no Yona is a pretty good adventure anime.

Magi: Labyrint of magic is also pretty great.

Nijiro days is a pretty good slice of life/romance/comedy anime if you're more in the mood for that.

Did you finish Tsurezure childeren already? Otherwise, go and watch that first.

Mobile suit gundam: Iron blooded orphans is also great.

I think I should stop myself there. Most of these are somewhat popular I think, so no idea how much you've already seen. Probably not all of them?

I'm back! I took a "forum holiday" yesterday but it looks like all I missed out on was a conversation about Harvest Moon, which is awesome except my life is Harvest Moon (minus the pretty girls). Belated Happy Thanksgiving, fellow Americans! Belated Happy Ungrateful Ingrates day, Brits!

22 minutes ago, SullyMcGully said:

I'm back! I took a "forum holiday" yesterday but it looks like all I missed out on was a conversation about Harvest Moon, which is awesome except my life is Harvest Moon (minus the pretty girls). Belated Happy Thanksgiving, fellow Americans! Belated Happy Ungrateful Ingrates day, Brits!

I was wondering if you'd chime in about that during the HM discussion, haha. I would say that HM is the closest I've ever been to real crops, but half of the houses I've lived in were right next to farms, so I guess that's not entirely true.

Just now, DefaultBeep said:

I was wondering if you'd chime in about that during the HM discussion, haha. I would say that HM is the closest I've ever been to real crops, but half of the houses I've lived in were right next to farms, so I guess that's not entirely true.

Those pixelated cartoon crops are every bit as real as the GMO stuff they grow around you. I don't consider GMO cornfields to be "real" anymore than American cheese is.

4 minutes ago, SullyMcGully said:

Those pixelated cartoon crops are every bit as real as the GMO stuff they grow around you. I don't consider GMO cornfields to be "real" anymore than American cheese is.

:(

I thought we were gonna have a fun discussion about the amount of corn in Illinois... but then you went and made it super real... This is why I play Harvest Moon. There's no crop drama there.

4 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I thought we were gonna have a fun discussion about the amount of corn in Illinois... but then you went and made it super real... This is why I play Harvest Moon. There's no crop drama there.

Are you from Illinois?  I'm from Illinois and grew up across the road from a cow pasture.

7 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Don't eat the corn! It'll turn you into a mutant! The last thing we need is genetically modified moles reporting us to the mods.

Just now, Rezzy said:

Are you from Illinois?  I'm from Illinois and grew up across the road from a cow pasture.

Yep, though we moved to another state early this year. My last house there had a corn field directly connected to the backyard (separated by a small metal fence), and the one before that had a small horse pasture across the street as well

2 minutes ago, SullyMcGully said:

Don't eat the corn! It'll turn you into a mutant! The last thing we need is genetically modified moles reporting us to the mods.

That's my secret, Sully.

I'm always genetically modified.

...That quote works a bit weirdly in this context, but oh well, I'm sticking with it.

There's nothing wrong with genetically modifying food, we've been doing it since the dawn of civilization, we're just better at it now.  Making food more nutritious per acre is the only way we're going to be able to maintain the Earth's population without everyone starving.

Just now, DefaultBeep said:

Yep, though we moved to another state early this year. My last house there had a corn field directly connected to the backyard (separated by a small metal fence), and the one before that had a small horse pasture across the street as well

That's my secret, Sully.

I'm always genetically modified.

...That quote works a bit weirdly in this context, but oh well, I'm sticking with it.

Cool, I grew up in downstate Illinois.

14 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

There's nothing wrong with genetically modifying food, we've been doing it since the dawn of civilization, we're just better at it now.  Making food more nutritious per acre is the only way we're going to be able to maintain the Earth's population without everyone starving.

GMOs are great. Thanks to GMOs, people pay an absurd amount of money to get our food, which has no GMOs. So we owe our business to GMOs. 

8 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

It's nice to see someone on here from a similar area as me. And that explains some of your criticisms towards Nephenee's portrayal in Heroes, haha.

533 I think Anime skipped 529, which I missed at first.

22 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Making food more nutritious per acre is the only way we're going to be able to maintain the Earth's population without everyone starving.

And here I thought the only way was to invent a virus that will chemically castrate 1/3 of our population.

I too am okay with GMOs. It's much better than hormones in meat and pesticides on crops. I have my doubts that the science will ever show them to be bad. Sure there is a chance, but as Rezzy points out, humans have modified crops for thousands of years- the corn you eat looks nothing like the wild grass it came from. Being able to skip the breeding in of a gene and just splice it into the DNA saves time. If I gambled poorly it turns out in retrospect- call me a product and victim of my times.

Now legal issues and greed emerging from patented crops and the like- burn those agribusiness pigs! 

4 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

535, time to test my new avatar for the holiday season.

I know where that red coloring came from. If Peri tries to sell me anything red, I'm not buying.