Count Until Mods Post! Current Count: 69 haha sex number

Truthblade

1 minute ago, DefaultBeep said:

Yeah, the freedom of the 3DS Supports is both a blessing and a curse. I'm still not sure why they decided to basically ignore the whole My Castle thing in Fates, since a lot of them just end up confusing when My Castle is considered. 

Not Conquest Corrin, that's for sure. If I remember Conquest correctly, I'm pretty sure hist/her kill count somehow, in a war situation, is at a solid 0.

Peri isn't my least favorite character, I'll give you that. I'm more indifferent to her, I guess. She doesn't outright annoy me like some of the other characters do (read: like half of the kids).

Well, he did magically end up killing all of those fox people despite not wanting to.

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, SullyMcGully said:

Well, he did magically end up killing all of those fox people despite not wanting to.

Oh yeah, I do remember that part. That was a fun part. Could've been a good setup for some interesting character development for Corrin. They never really did that, but hey, at least the potential was there.

3 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Have we gone from blame Beep to blame Sully now? I can live with that

My unbiased vote is yes, Sully is much better to blame than Beep.

I'm thinking this was the epic plot twist all along. We've spent the entire time thinking Beep was the true culprit, but the real mastermind was hiding in the shadows the whole time.

##Unvote

##Vote: SullyMcGully

3 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

I'm thinking this was the epic plot twist all along. We've spent the entire time thinking Beep was the true culprit, but the real mastermind was hiding in the shadows the whole time.

##Unvote

Well I'm pretty sure I confessed to that about 6 resets ago. Weren't you paying attention?

2 minutes ago, Natalie said:

omg guys what happened while I was watching over demon boy cousins?

You have demon boy cousins too? I thought you didn't celebrate Thanksgiving.

Edited by SullyMcGully

7 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

##Unvote

Fair, there's no way we would be so competent as to actually be right on our first guess.

##Unvote

##Vote Sully

Just now, Natalie said:

omg guys what happened while I was watching over demon boy cousins?

We have a demon boy over here.

2 minutes ago, SullyMcGully said:

Well I'm pretty sure I confessed to that about 6 resets ago. Weren't you paying attention?

Yeah, but that was like, sooo three weeks ago. That's ancient history in internet time.

I assumed that you had suffered the consequences already or something. Like those cartoon villains that just need a redeeming act of some form and then join the good side. I didn't think that you're still a threat to the stability of the thread!

Now, tell me again what we're accusing you of?

5 minutes ago, SullyMcGully said:

You have demon boy cousins too? I thought you didn't celebrate Thanksgiving.

We don't haha, they're just down from London for the weekend. One of them is sick and screamy and ehhhhhh and I remember why I don't want kids.

I'm a sheep townie, so I'm down for this. And I trust Bart's opinion on messing up the first target, which I'm sure he has experience with.

##Unvote

30 Don't make me vote for you instead, Natalie!

Edited by DefaultBeep

16 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I'm a sheep townie, so I'm down for this. And I trust Bart's opinion on messing up the first target, which I'm sure he has experience with.

Actually, in my first game we got a scum lynch on the first day and in my second game.... well... I didn't vote the miss lynch...

I'm still angry you guys were plotting to kill me

35. Is killing the british woman a thing yet?

Edited by Bartozio

6 minutes ago, Natalie said:

I'm too English to be a mole.

But don't you like coffee more than tea? Unless you follow every single stereotype perfectly, you can never be too English to be the mole.

35 On the bright side, you just got a bit of revenge on me. But shouldn't it be flattering that we thought you were threatening enough to be the first kill?

Edited by DefaultBeep

1 minute ago, DefaultBeep said:

But don't you like coffee more than tea? Unless you follow every single stereotype perfectly, you can never be too English to be the mole.

35 On the bright side, you just got a bit of revenge on me. But shouldn't it be flattering that we thought you were threatening enough to be the first kill?

Actually, I'm the perfect stereotype. Tea is always better than coffee, and I drink a LOT of it.

4 minutes ago, Natalie said:

Actually, I'm the perfect stereotype. Tea is always better than coffee, and I drink a LOT of it.

...Shoot. Sorry everybody, Natalie can't be the mole. She's just far too English to be guilty here. On the bright side, that means we're good to keep going after Sully instead!

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Funny enough in Eliwood and Marcus A-support, Marcus promise to find Eliwood a good wife. Despite blocking a paired ending with Eliwood's potential wives ending.

I think you can find similar stuff in other supports, take SyrenexVanessa for instance:

Spoiler

B Support

Vanessa: Captain… I mean, Sis.
Syrene: You look better, Vanessa. Did you sleep well?
Vanessa: Yes. First time in a long time. Thank you, Sis.
Syrene: I’ve been meaning to ask you…
Vanessa: Yes?
Syrene: You don’t seem to have much appetite lately.
Vanessa: Well, I’ve just been–
Syrene: I told you, Vanessa, I know you too well. So, who’s the lucky guy?
Vanessa: What?! That’s just crazy! I don’t know what you’re talking about!
Syrene: You know I can tell when you’re lying. Plus, you not eating is a dead giveaway. I mean, when’s the last time you said no to a cookie? It’s not a criticism. One of your most charming qualities is how you can outeat anyone. It’s because of someone special, isn’t it?
Vanessa: Well, um…
Syrene: But, Vanessa, first and foremost, you have to take care of yourself. I’ll support you no matter what, but no one is worth losing your health over.
Vanessa: Thank you, I guess. I’ll do my best… Sometimes I think that if I were more like you–you know, a great knight, an attractive woman, and just all-around perfect– I’d have a better chance with him. … Hmmm. That didn’t sound as pathetic in my head as it did out loud.
Syrene: Don’t be silly, Vanessa. You may not know it, but I’m sure that person likes you for who you are.
Vanessa: Do you really think so? I’ve always wanted to be like you. You’ve always been my role model. But, I feel like whenever I finally catch up to you, you’re already gone. You’ve already moved on. I’ll never catch up with you, no matter how hard I try.
Syrene: I’m very proud of you, Vanessa. And as your older sister, I recognize your talent more than anyone else. You should be more confident.
Vanessa: I feel better after opening up to you. It’s hard not to compare myself with you, but I have to get past that.
Syrene: That’s the spirit. And remember, you have to take care of yourself.
Vanessa: Yes, I know. As always, thanks, Syrene.

A Support

Vanessa: Hi, Syrene. Thanks for talking the other day.
Syrene: Are you feeling better now?
Vanessa: Well… It’s not that easy, but I quit comparing myself with you.
Syrene: You might not know this, but there’s something about you I’ve always envied.
Vanessa: About me? What do you mean?
Syrene: You have an inner fortitude that I will never be able to match.
Vanessa: Inner…fortitude?
Syrene: Do you remember when Father collapsed? Mother and I were so panicked that we didn’t know what to do. You were the youngest of us all, but you gathered nuts in your small hands and went to the village to sell them. Then you came home with medicine for him.
Vanessa: Well, I don’t know what to say.
Syrene: When you face a difficult circumstance, your true self emerges. You were very young, but had the presence of mind and ingenuity to help Father. You comforted me and Mother, and you rescued Father. I’ve always respected your strength, and wished for some of it myself.
Vanessa: But…you were the one who joined the Knights at such an early age, and it was you who supported our family.
Syrene: I emulated your strength. I wanted to support my family like you did. It’s always been my goal. And I respect you more than anyone else. I wish you could be as confident in yourself as I am of you. No matter what, you’ll always be all right.
Vanessa: All right, then. I have to tell you! The person I love is–
Syrene: Wait, Vanessa! Wait until the war is over to tell me. When everything is over, bring him home. I’ll go home a little ahead of you, and wait for you two with Father and Mother. We’ll make your favorite meal…  Is that enough to convince you?
Vanessa: Yes. I’ll do my best…  For this war and also for him.
Syrene: That’s my girl. Don’t worry. You’ll be all right.

Another case would be NeimixAmelia's A.

31 minutes ago, SullyMcGully said:

I know! So many of those GBA supports end with an A-support where they talk about getting married to other people. What really makes no sense is the limit on supports in FE9. None of the characters have more than one option for getting hitched, but you can still only get one A-support.

PoR doesn't even have paired endings since PoR has no "block of archival text" character endings (probably because IS knew FE9 wasn't to be the end of Tellius and didn't want to waste time on a false impression).

Also, very few of the support conversations have the strongly implied/stated romantic qualities of some of the GBA ones. But a few characters do have what appear to be multiple options if you ignored RD's limited paired endings:

• Lucia clearly loves Bastian in their support, but read over her Janaff and the A leaves room for marriage potential. Dinner without a chaperon? Janaff might wake up 9 months later with blurry eyesight and wimpy wings.
  • And of course, RD snubbed RolfxMist for MeatheadxMist. And they didn't even give Rolf Marcia as compensation! (Although FE7 did end RavenxRebecca without a paired ending, so its possible the two only saw each other like siblings.) And that brings up Marcia, who never got a Kieran or Gatrie ending either.
  • It also brings up Titania, who could do Boyd or Rhys.
  • Mist, besides Rolf and Boyd, also has a Mordecai support. And if they gave EirikaxSaleh a paired ending, and DuesselxAmelia (it might not be sexual though- like DozlaxL'Arachel's ending), why not MistxMordecai?
  • And Ike has Elincia and Lethe to choose from. Plus his very possibly nonsexual pairings of Ranulf and Soren.
  • Astrid could've had Gatrie instead of Makalov, an improvement, but not a huge one. And Gatrie could have had Marcia (and Ilyana- but who'd marry her?).
  • Rhys has Titania and Mia.
  • Lethe could get with Ike, Ranulf, or Muarim (would Tormod approve of his new step-mother/big sister?)
  • Elincia has Ike and Geoffrey to choose from.
  • And this is mostly not including the aromantic same-sex paired ending possibilities. 
  • By the way, EliwoodxNinian isn't canon, because it breaks the paired ending of NilsxNinian. If a paired ending breaks a paired ending, it cancels out the former's claims to canonicity. It's simple physics.
55 minutes ago, SullyMcGully said:

They didn't kill them. They just used that illusion technique to hide themselves when their HP hit 0. HP at 0 =/ dying. Corrin fell for the deception, as intended to keep the Kitsune populations alive.

The trip through Hoshido is a zigzag until Jinya by the way. Either Hoshido has funky terrain you can't see on the map, or Corrin doesn't understand how to efficiently move troops around.

By the way, despite the Kitsune being mythologically noted for taking the disguise of beautiful women- none do in Fates right? What a waste of potential fanservice that is.

I really despise the early support systems, the limit on support numbers is just annoying because you can only see one full chain really limiting how much you actually know about the Characters, also didn't RD have flat out no supports 

On to Corrin they are just a delusional man child that never managed to learn that people die when they are killed amd insists they never kill a soul as they go about on their massacre 

9 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

I really despise the early support systems, the limit on support numbers is just annoying because you can only see one full chain really limiting how much you actually know about the Characters, also didn't RD have flat out no supports

They have supports, but generic conversations (I think there are special cases, but it's only one or two sentences for each support anyway).

Kids don't become demon boys with good parenting. Look how I turned out! Wouldn't you love to be my mom, @Natalie?

13 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

Well yeah, getting the supports is a pain in the buttocks. But when you have the supports, the quality is much higher than in Awakening/Fates. I prefer SoV style: good supports, easy attainment, tangible benefits. But SoV had hardly any supports to speak of.

Bart the red-nosed ninja strikes again!

Edited by SullyMcGully