Some advice for FE7

Harvey

Yeah, those maps are all at the end (with the exception of something like two and a half).

If you have Matthew, open all of the chests in Chapter 16. You should have two different promotion items.

The hit rates in general are higher in this game, so dodging at this stage is iffy at best. Did you recruit anyone in Chapter 16?

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, those maps are all at the end (with the exception of something like two and a half).

If you have Matthew, open all of the chests in Chapter 16. You should have two different promotion items.

The hit rates in general are higher in this game, so dodging at this stage is iffy at best. Did you recruit anyone in Chapter 16?

I got Raven and managed to save one Caelin Soldier but damn it was tough getting him but the reward was satisfying. Also got the Hero and Knight Crest alongside the Silver Sword.

Is chapter 16x insanely hard or its the same level as 13x hard?

Also another thing to wonder if the Wolf Beli, Raiper and Mani Kati...should I preserve them till the final boss?

Edited by Harvey

I got Raven and managed to save one Caelin Soldier but damn it was tough getting him but the reward was satisfying. Also got the Hero and Knight Crest alongside the Silver Sword.

Is chapter 16x insanely hard or its the same level as 13x hard?

Also another thing to wonder if the Wolf Beli, Raiper and Mani Kati...should I preserve them till the final boss?

The only real difficulty spike in this game is battle before dawn, you will be fine on 16x.

do not fall for this fallacy if you have a good use for it now use it, if you're good with chests (don't quote me on this exact acquisition method I don't entirely remember how you get the extra ones I just remember you do) you'll get at least one more Wolf Beil and Rapier, there's also the hammerane staff which can restore the Mani Katti, I recommend using it for a refill (or one of the brave weapons/ staves). Obviously moderate your use but don't not use them this is a horrible fallacy some people fall into but you can use your weapons just don't overuse them.

Edited by Locke087

Chapter 16x is challenging, but in a fun and unique way. There's actually an easy way of doing it that the game kinda hints at, but I usually take the enemies head on. How you do it depends on how well leveled your men are.

These aren't exactly story spoilers but I'll enclose them anyway

A boss will appear around turn 4. He moves! He's a Paladin with a killing edge. You'll need some luck to take him down.

One of the villages has a neat new recruit.

Don't kill the enemy with a name!

The Wolf Beil, Manni Katti, and Rapier will all be replaced by stronger, cooler weapons before the final battle. Plus, in Eliwood mode, you can get another Rapier later.

Here are some things about Chapter 16x:

The chapter's actual boss will spawn on Enemy Phase of Turn 2, not 4. He is equipped with a Killing Edge, so be wary of that, especially if you haven't had good rolls on Luck. In the nearest village to the starting area, there is a recruit by the name of Canas. He is a shaman, and is the only player unit capable of using Dark Magic until the end of the game. Check the ranges of all of the enemies in the large group: getting in any of their ranges (depending on from which direction) may result in Fargus changing their AI from waiting until in range to aggro.

If Raven's got better stats than Guy, then give him a whirl! Chapter 16x is perfect for this~!

Speaking of. . .

It doesn't matter if Fargus gets mad if you end the chapter on the same turn (as in, grab the last couple of villages, then speak to Fargus). You'll need Florina to get one of them! Well, maybe two, but the most valuable village is really close to the starting point, and is outside of Fargus' screaming range.

I beated the chapter but damn....I reseted the game only because I lost in the arena. Oh well, I managed to get Guy at lv 13 and Raven at 8 as well as sain being lv 10.

Accidentally killed of Dart....damn. Didn't know you had to avoid him inorder to recruit him...oh well, next playthrough I guess.....

Come to think of it, recruiting new units is a bit cryptic here.

I beated the chapter but damn....I reseted the game only because I lost in the arena. Oh well, I managed to get Guy at lv 13 and Raven at 8 as well as sain being lv 10.

Accidentally killed of Dart....damn. Didn't know you had to avoid him inorder to recruit him...oh well, next playthrough I guess.....

I'd restart if I were you - Dart is needed to recruit another unit.

I'd restart if I were you - Dart is needed to recruit another unit.

Not necessarily - depending on how you play the game, you might not even meet that other unit. However, that is too bad about Dart. In my opinion, he's second only to Hector as an axe-user.

Recruitment can be cryptic - I killed Dart on my first playthrough too. Just avoid killing non-boss enemies with names, and pay attention to Hannah's augeries, and you shouldn't miss any more potential recruits. Here's a tip to help you out on the Dread Isle:

If you want another Pegasus Knight, bring Florina to Chapter 18.

There's a few that aren't very straightforward, but it's one of two options:

1. Someone they know/are related to.

2. Eliwood/Lyn.

For the rest (especially the red units), pay attention to what they say. They'll hint at who recruits them.

Ah screw it...I'm beating chapter 16x again....after looking at him, how the hell can I ignore him?

There's a few that aren't very straightforward, but it's one of two options:

1. Someone they know/are related to.
2. Eliwood/Lyn.

For the rest (especially the red units), pay attention to what they say. They'll hint at who recruits them.

So far the only one who gave me a hint to who recruits who is guy with matthew and Dorcas by talking him with Lyn. Getting Raven wasn't that obvious as well as getting Dart.

Pay attention to Hannah. I'm pretty sure in Chapter 16 she would have said "bring that red haired lass" or something to suggest that Priscilla was needed to recruit Raven. While it might seem unprofessional or expensive, Hannah's augeries are the way you know how to recruit a lot of characters in this game.

Of course, there's plenty of information around here at the Forest that could help you with recruitment, but I can't guarantee that it's spoiler free.

Edited by SullyMcGully

So far the only one who gave me a hint to who recruits who is guy with matthew and Dorcas by talking him with Lyn. Getting Raven wasn't that obvious as well as getting Dart.

Dart doesn't move, and the actual chapter objective is to talk to Fargus. Thus, there's no need to kill him.

You'll notice the recruitment theme I mentioned earlier as the game goes on. The portion of the game you're in is really weird, but it'll fix itself in a few chapters.

So now I'm in chapter 18. Was a bit stupid wasting Eliwood's rapier like that like crazy. I'm worried about the Wolf beli a little bit.... But theMani Kati still has a lot of use.

So Guy is at level 14, should I promote him now? Will he be like Rutger where he's insane if he's a swordmaster?

Edited by Harvey

EH.

You don't need to promote anyone immediately, unless you're absolutely stuck on a boss. If the Mani Katti has lots of uses left, and Hector doesn't suck, you'll be okay for a while.

[spoiler=Boss strategies for the next three chapters]Guy should be able to critblick the Chapter 18 boss, or you can wait it out. For Chapter 19, use the Mani Katti on the boss, and rescue-drop Lyn out of the way if she misses. For Chapter 20, use a couple of Wolf Beil charges, and finish off with magic if necessary.

Edited by eggclipse

So now I'm in chapter 18. Was a bit stupid wasting Eliwood's rapier like that like crazy. I'm worried about the Wolf beli a little bit.... But theMani Kati still has a lot of use.

So Guy is at level 14, should I promote him now? Will he be like Rutger where he's insane if he's a swordmaster?

Nope. Swordmasters and Berserkers only get a 15 crit boost in this game.

Ok so I beated the chapter but I can't get to 18x....Do I need to do this chapter to get a certain unit?

Afaik you get 18x if you bet 18 within 15 turns.

Prf weapons aren't THAT clutch in the game. As enemies aren't so THWOPMY any iron rank weapon will be ok to defeat them unless you're facing a Knight or a General. I regularly promote my units at Ch. 19 where you face Darin, but 14-17 is a really good level to promote your units.

Guy won't be as awesome as Rutger, he'll be a regular SM but with a bit of high HP. Will dodge a bit, throw a crt or two but will lack the Str to one round cavs and such.

Ok...let me rephrase my previous post.

I just beated chapter 18 but I didn't realize that you have to beat it fast to get 18x. Do I miss a whole lot on 18x chapter if I skip it?

18x is a pretty cool chapter, though it does not matter as much on Eliwood's campaign as it will matter when you do Hector's (there's two gaiden chapters related to this that are not available for Eliwood) as If you do a complete gaiden run through of Hector's campaign you'll get a better view of the story of this game. You have more playthoughs to go through so if you plan on doing this map later you can do it later but do make sure you do it eventually... Edited by Locke087

You didn't miss any characters in 18x, just some extra EXP and storyline that doesn't make sense outside of Hector mode anyway. It's a very unique level, though. I strongly recommend you play it sometime due to a very interesting mechanic it features.

Ok...let me rephrase my previous post.

I just beated chapter 18 but I didn't realize that you have to beat it fast to get 18x. Do I miss a whole lot on 18x chapter if I skip it?

In addition to what have been said, Hector's Mode has 2 extra chapters. What in Eliwood's Mode is Ch. 18 and 18x, in Hector Mode it is 19, 19x and 19xx.

[spoiler=HM 19xx unlock method]Raise Nils during Lyn Mode up to lv. 7 or above AND defeat the secondary boss in Ch. 19x