Some advice for FE7

Harvey

H-hey! 22x has some cool stuff! Items and all!

Items, sure... but it's a pain in the ass to get through, and if you have too few keys you actually can't finish.

Least he wouldn't have been doing HHM version. Yeah, screw that.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Items, sure... but it's a pain in the ass to get through, and if you have too few keys you actually can't finish.

Least he wouldn't have been doing HHM version. Yeah, screw that.

Ikr, it is quite hard to get the chapter but rescuing Pent and killing both bosses assures you moreso 200+ exp. If there's an underleveled unit then much better. Sum up dancer and healer and a couple of turns and it might be doable for future runs.

Nope. Not even close to "cool". Chapter 19 had cool items. Chapter 22x has one of the worst layouts I've ever seen in a chapter, and the items have very little practical use.

As in, they're either completely unnecessary (Silver weapons), more likely to be sold (Skill book), or stupidly niche as best (Berserk, and I can think of one legit use for it on ENM).

The only items you get that can even be considered remotely good are silver weapons, and it's a pain in the ass to unlock. The HHM version of the map can go to hell, too. Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

It's really not bad at all to unlock if you have a decently levelled flier to go grab Pent, and silver weapons are definitely cool. I've gotten that map every non-challenge playthrough because I've never wanted to see Pent steal all the exp, even before I knew that doing this unlocked a side chapter. That said I wouldn't feel any pressing need to redo an entire map if I missed it.

Pain in the ass makes me think of the Hector-only 19xx. Screw unlocking that.

Actually, Eliwood can do A LOT to the final boss (like, solo it). However, it requires a very specific setup, and certain stat thresholds, as well.

So can Lyn. Albeit with slightly more flexibility than Eliwood. Not worth it either way, though.

Nope. Not even close to "cool". Chapter 19 had cool items. Chapter 22x has one of the worst layouts I've ever seen in a chapter, and the items have very little practical use.

As in, they're either completely unnecessary (Silver weapons), more likely to be sold (Skill book), or stupidly niche as best (Berserk, and I can think of one legit use for it on ENM).

The only items you get that can even be considered remotely good are silver weapons, and it's a pain in the ass to unlock. The HHM version of the map can go to hell, too.

Uh ok just miss it if there's nothing worth it. I was just saying that the chapter is cool because there are a lot of promoted units that give juicy exp and items that help the inventory of physical or magical units. Isn't that cool?

So can Lyn. Albeit with slightly more flexibility than Eliwood. Not worth it either way, though.

Lyn can barely scratch the dragon, though.

She doubles it with a bit more ease, but her str is pretty lame.

The Dragon has like 40 Defense/Resistance, and the Sol Katti has 24 mgt against it, and Lyn's max Str is 24. That means 8 damage per hit, max

The Dragon has like 40 Defense/Resistance, and the Sol Katti has 24 mgt against it, and Lyn's max Str is 24. That means 8 damage per hit, max

18, actually. Don't forget about the boost from Filla's Mght. Plus supports bring it up to 20 at least and 23 at most.Throw in high crit rates, and you got a formula for a potential ORKO.

But like I said, it's not much worth it.

Edited by Just call me AL

18, actually. Don't forget about the boost from Filla's Mght. Plus supports bring it up to 20 at least and 23 at most.Throw in high crit rates, and you got a formula for a potential ORKO.

But like I sad, it's not much worth it.

It doesn't really compare to Eliwood

Durandal has 17 mgt, X 2 is 34 mgt on the Dragon. Eliwood has 27+5 Str, or 32 total. 34+32+5= 71 mgt -40 Def = 31 damage per hit, x2 from doubling (if he got the Body Ring) = 62 total per round of combat, x2 from refresh after healing him with a physic or something (why would you use Filla's Mgt over that haha) is 124 damage in one turn. Which is enough to kill the dragon, without relying on crits.

This is of course extremely tedious of a setup, since it relies on Eliwood having 5 supports with + Attack affinies nearby, and capped Str and Spd. But at the same time, he's not relying on lucky crits (that if you miss and Lyn is killed as a result, you have to do the entity of Light over).

And finally, this pales in comparison to Luna Athos, god bless broken tome

But like I sad, it's not much worth it.

It doesn't really compare to Eliwood

Durandal has 17 mgt, X 2 is 34 mgt on the Dragon. Eliwood has 27+5 Str, or 32 total. 34+32+5= 71 mgt -40 Def = 31 damage per hit, x2 from doubling (if he got the Body Ring) = 62 total per round of combat, x2 from refresh after healing him with a physic or something (why would you use Filla's Mgt over that haha) is 124 damage in one turn. Which is enough to kill the dragon, without relying on crits.

This is of course extremely tedious of a setup, since it relies on Eliwood having 5 supports with + Attack affinies nearby, and capped Str and Spd. But at the same time, he's not relying on lucky crits (that if you miss and Lyn is killed as a result, you have to do the entity of Light over).

And finally, this pales in comparison to Luna Athos, god bless broken tome

And this is why I like Hector for the dragon - he doesn't need all the setup Lyn or Eliwood need to be good against it.

Athos is far, far better than any of the lords if we're hyping setup to destroy the dragon. Body Ring, double Luna, heal, refresh, win. No fuss, no grinding to 20/20, no ensuring the character gets RNG blessed. Let's not pretend the differences between the three lords at fighting him are especially meaningful, as a result. They can contribute if your goal is to one-round him without using the C29 Body Ring for funds reasons, though how good each one is depends hugely on what stats they get.

That said Lyn absolutely can solo the dragon (and the entire final chapter) if that's your thing; I've done it.

Hey...sorry about the late response. I had power issues due to a cyclone but I won't talk too much on that.

So I'm now in chapter 26 and I got Harken. I wonder how extremely hard the chapter is.....

Which version? Kenneth's or Jerme's?

I think I beated Jerme and got the light brand.

Also just curious, who is best suited for the light brand?

Actually, since Str and Mag don't coexist in this game like is the case in the more recent FEs, the Light Brand doesn't really have someone who's best suited for using it - that said, it does attack resistance, so if you do find yourself facing someone who uses it, which you will, don't engage them with units with low Resistance. Also of note, it can do ranged attacks, but when doing so, it only uses half of the wielder's Strength stat in addition to the weapon Mt.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Ok a quick progress for each unit

Kent & Sain- both promoted but at lv 2

Guy - promoted and at lv 11

Raven- promoted and at lv 8

Priscilla- at lv 9 unpromoted

Pent- at lv 9

Hawkeye- at lv 6

Louise- at lv 7

Eliwood- at lv 15

Lyn- promoted and at lv 2

Harken- Lv 10

Hector- 20, have to promote him

Am I screwed?

I see Pent, so the answer is NOPE!

Priscilla should be able to level on the next chapter, so if you have a spare Guiding Ring, promote her at the end of the chapter. Kent/Sain should be able to take on whatever the map throws at you. Bring your thief of choice, because there's stuff to be had. Pent should be on enemy roasty-toasty duty.

Give the Light Brand to someone who has no range-2 option otherwise, which after promotion means a Swordmaster or perhaps Lyn (though she at least has bows).

Your team looks very good aside from a lack of fliers, which may make the next side chapter a bit unpleasant should you do it.

I beated chapter 26 and honestly...its not that tedious as you guys exaggerate it to be.

Sure, the map is a bit long and one shot from Ursala means a redo but really...I just moved Nino to the other side where that witch can't bolt me to death and just talked to Jaffar.....not that hard.

I did miss one chest at the leftmost and I'm upset that I lost the chance of getting boots...still I doubt that it would do any good for the final boss.....would it?

I beated chapter 26 and honestly...its not that tedious as you guys exaggerate it to be.

Sure, the map is a bit long and one shot from Ursala means a redo but really...I just moved Nino to the other side where that witch can't bolt me to death and just talked to Jaffar.....not that hard.

I did miss one chest at the leftmost and I'm upset that I lost the chance of getting boots...still I doubt that it would do any good for the final boss.....would it?

A lot of the complaints about Battle Before Dawn tend to be centered around Hector Hard mode. With this being Eliwood Normal mode, it shouldn't have been that big a problem.

Ok so how hard is chapter 26x in Eliwood normal?

Well, I'm not sure I'd really consider it hard, but I'd definitely consider it annoying. Remember the disappearing bridges in FE6 chapter 14x? They're back.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia